Local Job Openings/Opportunities

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Local Job Openings/Opportunities

Post by formerfcfan »

transplant wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:23 am Tell us more. Does he have a name? Any coaching experience?
Sounds like it’s Gerald Cadogan who is being alluded to.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Hope this does not come back and bite the Titans in the rear end. Cough Cough Darby Riley

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:31 am
transplant wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:23 am Tell us more. Does he have a name? Any coaching experience?
It wasn't him. I wasn't at the game, but a friend of mine was there and saw this person, it wasn't Gerald.

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

transplant wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:35 am
It wasn't him. I wasn't at the game, but a friend of mine was there and saw this person, it wasn't Gerald.
Don’t know who that cat Cadogan is, but if you’re wondering if it was me Just ask and I’ll tell you if it was me or not. I know my name has been thrown around a lot as a front runner for a lot of the open jobs. And understandably so.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Not even sure who you are. But, please tell us what job you are taking.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

transplant wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:35 am
Gotcha. Come to think of it… if it was him, or if he put in, someone else probably would have mentioned him by now.

So this is someone who is presumably self-employed or has flexible work location, then?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Former Florida State and Detroit Lion linebacker, Buster Davis was at the basketball game last night.

What that means, I have no clue. I was just there.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Thanks for clearing that up.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Looks to be an assistant at Strong Rock Christian school in Georgia and twice stepped down from HC job before even coaching a game. 0-17 as a HC?

https://www.news-journalonline.com/stor ... 729176007/

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

There’s a noticeable difference between coaching in the Atlanta metro versus Portsmouth (or any small Ohio exurb for that matter.) Two completely opposite populations, with different community dynamics and the way football runs with the private schools down there is a night-and-day difference compared to what ND is.

The guy’s resume indicates he probably does have impressive X’s and O’s knowledge when it comes to the game of football. However, X’s and O’s intellect isn’t even one of the three most important things a program like ND needs.

1) Can you form relationships with players, and build a staff that reinforces the values you’re trying to promote for the culture of the program?

2) Can you form a relationship with your community, both interpersonal and front-facing, as the head of the program? ND is small, and has generally strong community dynamics. Rapport is very important in any small Catholic school community. Can you heed and meet the concerns of the program stakeholders beyond the players and their families? What about the stakeholders of the school?

3) Can you provide longevity?

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

my biggest issue after reading the article is he stepped away before coaching a game twice!

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:34 pm There’s a noticeable difference between coaching in the Atlanta metro versus Portsmouth (or any small Ohio exurb for that matter.) Two completely opposite populations, with different community dynamics and the way football runs with the private schools down there is a night-and-day difference compared to what ND is.

The guy’s resume indicates he probably does have impressive X’s and O’s knowledge when it comes to the game of football. However, X’s and O’s intellect isn’t even one of the three most important things a program like ND needs.

1) Can you form relationships with players, and build a staff that reinforces the values you’re trying to promote for the culture of the program?

2) Can you form a relationship with your community, both interpersonal and front-facing, as the head of the program? ND is small, and has generally strong community dynamics. Rapport is very important in any small Catholic school community. Can you heed and meet the concerns of the program stakeholders beyond the players and their families? What about the stakeholders of the school?

3) Can you provide longevity?
notre dame hasnt hired a footbsll coach in what, 20 years? whatever the good intentions, not having experience doing hiring might make folks especially commnuity influencers a little likey to be starstruck

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Belpre is a cautionary tale

didnt portsmouth hire a re-lo guy a few years back becaus ehe had collefge coaching on his resume. how did that go? and you can't really go on the references when they come from people you dont know because football coaches NEVER give bad references when strangers call... oh, hes a greta guy, kids love him, smart guy

Underb@@b01!
Waterboy

Post by Underb@@b01! »

How much is this gonna cost?

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Not sure it is a given that is who they are going to hire. Maybe up at the school as part of the interview and a game happened to be being played. We will find it soon I suspect.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

dirt_cinders wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:28 pm Not sure it is a given that is who they are going to hire. Maybe up at the school as part of the interview and a game happened to be being played. We will find it soon I suspect.
Maybe they should look to the west coast. Didn’t Newark Catholic hire a coach from California recently? I haven’t heard how that’s going though. Anyone know?

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

crickets...................................

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I was wondering what was going on? Is it possible they struck on the coach they wanted now it's back to the drawing board? KARMA

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Frequent Flyer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:31 pm
dirt_cinders wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:28 pm Not sure it is a given that is who they are going to hire. Maybe up at the school as part of the interview and a game happened to be being played. We will find it soon I suspect.
Maybe they should look to the west coast. Didn’t Newark Catholic hire a coach from California recently? I haven’t heard how that’s going though. Anyone know?
Who could afford to move from california to take a job at a parochial school?

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

sgtwilliamjames wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:55 am
Frequent Flyer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:31 pm
Who could afford to move from california to take a job at a parochial school?
Heard they was a few other perks they offered to get that guy. Maybe ND can pony up in a similar fashion.

Return to “Football”