Wellston Football Coach

Ed Ott
Varsity

Re: Wellston Football Coach

Post by Ed Ott »

Ironmen44 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:08 pm
hsfbfan wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:03 pm
Ironmen44 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:18 pm Curious to know what years did Coach Graham play varsity football for the Rockets? I know he’s a Wellston alum.
1986 Freshman year only.
Thanks Hsfbfan - didn’t think he played much varsity football for the Rockets
What years did Mike Leach play college football?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen44 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:08 pm
hsfbfan wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:03 pm
Ironmen44 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:18 pm Curious to know what years did Coach Graham play varsity football for the Rockets? I know he’s a Wellston alum.
1986 Freshman year only.
Thanks Hsfbfan - didn’t think he played much varsity football for the Rockets
Who cares how much he played ?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Does it matter anymore? Coach Grimm has the job so time to see what he does. Yea personally I would of like to of seen if Dan Polcyn could of rebuilt the program but that was not what Wellston wanted for some reason.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

A lot of sour grapes. More questions about Coach Graham than Biden. Time to let it go.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

GRFan-not sour grapes just my thoughts. I wish Coach Grimm and the Rockets good luck!

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

It’s Graham! Like Graham Crackers! That’s what the fans in wellston call him. Not sure if it’s after the cookies or because he lets a lot of crackers out when he is nervous. Don’t disrespect old Graham crackers!

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:12 pm GRFan-not sour grapes just my thoughts. I wish Coach Grimm and the Rockets good luck!
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:20 pm Does it matter anymore? Coach Grimm has the job so time to see what he does. Yea personally I would have like to of seen if Dan Polcyn could have rebuilt the program but that was not what Wellston wanted for some reason.
It’s Graham, not Grimm. I’m guessing that slight is due to your anger over your buddy Polcat not getting the job. 😮

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Pat wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:17 am
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:12 pm GRFan-not sour grapes just my thoughts. I wish Coach Grimm and the Rockets good luck!
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:20 pm Does it matter anymore? Coach Grimm has the job so time to see what he does. Yea personally I would have like to of seen if Dan Polcyn could have rebuilt the program but that was not what Wellston wanted for some reason.
It’s Graham, not Grimm. I’m guessing that slight is due to your anger over your buddy Polcat not getting the job. 😮
The fact is that Wellston took the easy way out. Every year all over the country there are job openings with both inside and outside applicants. I wonder if ultra successful programs/districts just bow down to the almighty teachers union? Um, no!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Pat, sorry I got the name wrong. Yes Dan Polcyn is a friend of mine but not sour grapes. Honestly the response I received for this tells me Dan maybe the lucky one to not get the job.

Good Luck Coach Graham!
Last edited by MTSWNGRVSG on Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

It’s southern Ohio football. There are no elite programs in southern Ohio , are you kidding me. These kids play their hardest and then you grown men deciding if they’re good enough for their taste . Probably guys who didn’t even play ball. If a team wins games you’ll hear well you didn’t win the league , If win the league it’s well you can’t win in the playoffs , if you win in the playoffs it’s well you can’t win a regional championship , if you win a regional it’s well you can’t win a state championship. Get the f@ck outa here. Games matter , league titles matter, it matters to the kids. Coach Graham will do fine and he won’t cut and run when it’s gets tough. He loves wellston and won’t just date her until next pretty girl comes along. Good luck coach Graham !

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:11 pm It’s southern Ohio football. There are no elite programs in southern Ohio , are you kidding me. These kids play their hardest and then you grown men deciding if they’re good enough for their taste . Probably guys who didn’t even play ball. If a team wins games you’ll hear well you didn’t win the league , If win the league it’s well you can’t win in the playoffs , if you win in the playoffs it’s well you can’t win a regional championship , if you win a regional it’s well you can’t win a state championship. Get the f@ck outa here. Games matter , league titles matter, it matters to the kids. Coach Graham will do fine and he won’t cut and run when it’s gets tough. He loves wellston and won’t just date her until next pretty girl comes along. Good luck coach Graham !
Well said. Good luck coach Grimm.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:11 pm It’s southern Ohio football. There are no elite programs in southern Ohio , are you kidding me. These kids play their hardest and then you grown men deciding if they’re good enough for their taste . Probably guys who didn’t even play ball. If a team wins games you’ll hear well you didn’t win the league , If win the league it’s well you can’t win in the playoffs , if you win in the playoffs it’s well you can’t win a regional championship , if you win a regional it’s well you can’t win a state championship. Get the f@ck outa here. Games matter , league titles matter, it matters to the kids. Coach Graham will do fine and he won’t cut and run when it’s gets tough. He loves wellston and won’t just date her until next pretty girl comes along. Good luck coach Graham !
Agree 100%…..well 99.5% (pretty 😁)

I too wish Wellston kids and Coach Graham luck. Very similar situation to Jackson basketball about 9 years ago.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Good luck coach Grimm.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Who is on Coach Grimm staff?

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Word on the street came from some of the moms. In between bites of cheesecake I heard them say he is surrounding himself with a staff full of proven winners. Not sure how reliable that is from a bunch of ladies with “Grimm Cracker” crust around their lips.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Dundas wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:12 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:31 pm Hopefully the new coach won’t be too scared to play the Cats like the ones in the past were. Would be nice to not have to travel to Cincinnati to play just because the local teams are scared of us.
Trimble and Wellston have been scheduled to play starting 2025.
Well it’s about time they grow some you know whats and schedules us. I read that they have some Grimm person coaching them now and supposed to suddenly be world beaters. Guess we’ll see. Everyone always doubts the Tomcats but we almost always prove them wrong. Always calling us the Wee Cats. Well we might be small but we’re mighty.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I just never have understood the “humor” of Joe “Burrows” or now Grimm instead of Graham.

Are there really people out there that think this is funny or even “witty” for more than 1 instance?

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:51 pm I just never have understood the “humor” of Joe “Burrows” or now Grimm instead of Graham.

Are there really people out there that think this is funny or even “witty” for more than 1 instance?
With the number of posts and people posting on here dwindling I try not to complain about what anyone posts. I’m just glad there are still a few people posting.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Binary wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:43 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:51 pm I just never have understood the “humor” of Joe “Burrows” or now Grimm instead of Graham.

With the number of posts and people posting on here dwindling I try not to complain about what anyone posts. I’m just glad there are still a few people posting.
If it dies, it dies…I’m not the problem.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Can we just focus on the topic, any word on who is on staff ?

Return to “Football”