Washington Court House Football

Oldman1952
Waterboy

Washington Court House Football

Post by Oldman1952 »

With all the rumors flying around the town that the head coach told the players he is going to Marion Harding along with hearing that his son is heading to be the head coach at Westland HS. Who will take over the job next year?

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Re: Washington Court House Football

Post by luvtlm »

That's interesting!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westland is a dead end job, but I guess it’s a place to start and any success would look good on a resume.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

you may see the middle school coach put his name in the hat. I do not believe anyone on the current staff will get the job.

Oldman1952
Waterboy

Post by Oldman1952 »

I would say Preston would put in for it. He is the most qualified on staff. I don,t know if the kids could handle his discipline though.

First and Goal
Waterboy

Post by First and Goal »

Oldman1952 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:35 pm With all the rumors flying around the town that the head coach told the players he is going to Marion Harding along with hearing that his son is heading to be the head coach at Westland HS. Who will take over the job next year?
Where did you get your information from because the first part is inaccurate. He did not tell the players he was leaving. He told the players he had interviewed with two other schools and there may be a possibility he leaves the program. He is currently still running off season work outs and like all of us he is waiting out the process with the schools. Even if he is offered doesn't mean he leaves. He will weigh out all the options, the pros and cons and then decide. He turned around and helped turn around several programs throughout his coaching career. Whatever he decides will be clearly thought out with no stones unturned. I wish him the best in whatever he decides.

Oldman1952
Waterboy

Post by Oldman1952 »

First and Goal wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:19 am
Oldman1952 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:35 pm With all the rumors flying around the town that the head coach told the players he is going to Marion Harding along with hearing that his son is heading to be the head coach at Westland HS. Who will take over the job next year?
Where did you get your information from because the first part is inaccurate. He did not tell the players he was leaving. He told the players he had interviewed with two other schools and there may be a possibility he leaves the program. He is currently still running off season work outs and like all of us he is waiting out the process with the schools. Even if he is offered doesn't mean he leaves. He will weigh out all the options, the pros and cons and then decide. He turned around and helped turn around several programs throughout his coaching career. Whatever he decides will be clearly thought out with no stones unturned. I wish him the best in whatever he decides.
Thanks for clearing that up. Rumors are crazy for sure. I thought he was offered the Marion job if he wasnt then I am sorry that I miss spoke. It sounds like you have some first hand knowledge of the process that is going on. In your opinion if the coach leaves is there anyone on staff that has a shot or will they go outside?

First and Goal
Waterboy

Post by First and Goal »

Oldman1952 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:59 am
First and Goal wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:19 am
Thanks for clearing that up. Rumors are crazy for sure. I thought he was offered the Marion job if he wasnt then I am sorry that I miss spoke. It sounds like you have some first hand knowledge of the process that is going on. In your opinion if the coach leaves is there anyone on staff that has a shot or will they go outside?
If Coach Williamson would happen to leave. The only one currently on staff would be Coach Preston. He knows the area, he knows several people in the community but, I believe he is currently working on his Administrative license. So not sure if he's willing to go back to being a HC. So, most likely would be opened up for outside candidates. I'm sure we'll know something by the end of next week as schools will want to get their off-season programs moving either with their current staff or with a new staff. The longer they wait the more time is being wasted and teams are out working you.

General
Waterboy

Post by General »

Interesting situation if he leaves. Do you hire a guy with discipline and upset that apple cart, or do you hire a guy that allows a continuation of the “renegade” attitude ? I’d go with discipline and prepare to be a little patient

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

General wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:30 pm Interesting situation if he leaves. Do you hire a guy with discipline and upset that apple cart, or do you hire a guy that allows a continuation of the “renegade” attitude ? I’d go with discipline and prepare to be a little patient
Believe me when I tell you, everyone I have spoken with say they like Coach Williamson but can not stand the utter lack of discipline his teams have had. Everyone would love to have a coach that comes in and reigns the program in. I have also heard, that a lot of this comes from the district and the A.D. not just the coaches. For example.. Kid gets in trouble at school, the coaches are not allowed to punish them at practice as well. They are told that it is a school matter and the kids are not to be punished if the district didnt impose and athletic punishment for them.

Oldman1952
Waterboy

Post by Oldman1952 »

I don't know if the discipline is as bad as everyone says it is but I am sure there are issues that can be fixed. As far as Preston I have heard from the guys out at Trace that he is very interested in the job and I believe will apply if it actually comes open. I have heard Preston expects a lot of discipline from his players and coaches and I am sure that there will be kids and coaches that wont be able to play or coach for him. You are right, will they hire a guy that will require discipline or will they keep things the same?

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

I am not sure anyone from the inside will be qualified for this job. I believe the administration will look outside the program for a potential candidate. With as much talent and success as CH has had in the past I believe the job will be very attractive to some around the area. I just know whoever the new coach is will have to follow a 6-1 record against the other team in the county......Possible Urban/Day situation going on here??? However, I have been told first hand HC Williamson and a few other coaches are still running off season workouts. So I would assume he is staying.

Oldman1952
Waterboy

Post by Oldman1952 »

From what I have heard Preston is more than qualified for the job.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

So is he leaving or not? Why the infatuation with Preston? Has he been a Head Coach? If so,record? Seems like the oldman1952 is really pushing for him for some reason?

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

Is it Preston from Huntington?? I believe he went 0-10 during his HC tenure and bounced around for awhile.....Maybe it is not the same Preston though.

Oldman1952
Waterboy

Post by Oldman1952 »

Not pulling for anyone. Sorry if I came across that way. Just like and enjoy watching Fayette County Football. I will always pull for hometown coaches.
He was the head coach at Huntington for 5 years.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Just find it interesting head coach is supposedly still there but someone is pushing for someone who didn't have much success before as a head coach for a job that is not open? Now-not to many do well record wise at Huntington. So, what makes him qualified?
Last edited by jose on Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

According to SVC Sports Talk website. Preston went 7-33 in four seasons as the HC at Huntington. I'm not sure if he has been a HC at any other school.

Oldman1952
Waterboy

Post by Oldman1952 »

It looks as if he is not qualified.

First and Goal
Waterboy

Post by First and Goal »

If all you're going off of is his record, that is only a piece of the puzzle. Wade Bartholomew, great coach with multiple play off wins coached at Huntington guess what, he went 0-10. Scott Keller another great coach won multiple games and has multiple play off wins is 14-36 at Huntington after 5 years. From 2004 to 2022 Huntington hasn't won more than 5 games in a season through this time span. Some coaches take a job expecting to turn programs around and put their heart and soul into it, it just doesn't work out sometimes. I personally think they would go outside to hire but, have to wait and see if Coach Williamson is staying or leaving.

Return to “Football”