Waverly has left the building!

GRFan
Varsity

Re: Waverly has left the building!

Post by GRFan »

Is Oak Hill looking at TVC Ohio? It would makes sense.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Dundas wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:03 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:59 pm
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:37 am Hearing they may possibly be a second school to the FAC. Just something I heard last night.
Interesting I know they’ve approached several teams including Unioto. One part of it that did surprised me was apparently there’s talk Chillicothe is looking to get out.
Where would they go?
Your guess is as good as mine this is coming from FAC reps who believe Chillicothe is trying to go else where. Mid state league?? Not sure of the size of all those schools but that would be my best guess.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:58 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:59 pm

Interesting I know they’ve approached several teams including Unioto. One part of it that did surprised me was apparently there’s talk Chillicothe is looking to get out.
Where would they go?
Your guess is as good as mine this is coming from FAC reps who believe Chillicothe is trying to go else where. Mid state league?? Not sure of the size of all those schools but that would be my best guess.
MSL buckeye is losing both Teays Valley and Hamilton I believe. I’m not sure if Fairfield Union or Amanda would want the trip to Chillicothe but Logan Elm and Circleville probably wouldn’t mind.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GRFan wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:22 pm Is Oak Hill looking at TVC Ohio? It would makes sense.
I hope they are. They were interested when the SVAC disbanded but the TVC didn’t offer them a spot for some reason.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Dundas wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:33 am
GRFan wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:22 pm Is Oak Hill looking at TVC Ohio? It would makes sense.
I hope they are. They were interested when the SVAC disbanded but the TVC didn’t offer them a spot for some reason.
I think this is the best bet, oak hill is wanting out and the powers to be for SOC aren’t enforcing anything. I have no idea what they’re thinking but oak hill doesn’t want to play Waverly so I’m being told they’re trying to sign Raceland for that week. It’s just a way they’re trying to pull the force out, because raceland will beat the brakes off of them, afraid Waverly but want to play a state championship runner-up?? Crazy, TVC is a good fit.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Where would they go?
MSL buckeye is losing both Teays Valley and Hamilton I believe. I’m not sure if Fairfield Union or Amanda would want the trip to Chillicothe but Logan Elm and Circleville probably wouldn’t mind.
Amanda isn’t bad just a straight shot probably 30 minute drive or so. Now Fairfield union maybe, it’s not bad but all 2 lane guessing 45 minutes or so.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:46 pm

Amanda isn’t bad just a straight shot probably 30 minute drive or so. Now Fairfield union maybe, it’s not bad but all 2 lane guessing 45 minutes or so.
Yea. I just don’t see any other option besides the MSL unless the SOC flipped Waverly with Chillicothe. Doubtful though.

The Exile
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exile »

I would assume the msl buckeye would be interested in replacing Teays Valley if possible with the right school. Hamilton TWP. Is not leaving. Down the road, both HT and Bloom Carroll will likely outgrow the MSL (like TV and Canal Winchester did), but the remaining seven schools seem very committed to remaining together for now.

A-C would not object to traveling to Chillicothe (about 35 minutes from school to school straight down 159). A-C regularly plays nearby Unioto in several sports. A-C might object to the size disparity though.

The "problem" travel situations would be FU (an hour), B-C (over 50 minutes), and especially Liberty Union (63 minutes). LU is also the smallest school, so adding a distant big school might be an issue.

I doubt Chillicothe will be in the MSL though.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:09 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:26 pm Stupid decision to do so, we’ve clearly saw how down Waverly is in basketball and as far as football they would be notches below Chillicothe, Jackson every year and most years Miami Trace and Courthouse
Has MT beat Waverly since they started playing in recent years? WCH had a great senior group come through they won’t sustain this past seasons success.
Still going to be behind the likes of Jackson and Chillicothe, we saw what happened when they played Chillicothe.

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:57 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:26 pm Stupid decision to do so, we’ve clearly saw how down Waverly is in basketball and as far as football they would be notches below Chillicothe, Jackson every year and most years Miami Trace and Courthouse
Has MT beat Waverly since they started playing in recent years? WCH had a great senior group come through they won’t sustain this past seasons success.
Still going to be behind the likes of Jackson and Chillicothe, we saw what happened when they played Chillicothe.
If Chillicothe didn’t do that this season they should hang it up, I mean they did tuck tail and run last season so we seen that. Prior to this season I don’t know that Chillicothe would’ve beaten Waverly any of the last 3-4 years though. We’ll see how it unfolds, I’m very curious to see what other teams they’ve got on board because the meeting is next week and without a clear path to another team or more Waverly might not make the jump.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:48 pm

If Chillicothe didn’t do that this season they should hang it up, I mean they did tuck tail and run last season so we seen that. Prior to this season I don’t know that Chillicothe would’ve beaten Waverly any of the last 3-4 years though. We’ll see how it unfolds, I’m very curious to see what other teams they’ve got on board because the meeting is next week and without a clear path to another team or more Waverly might not make the jump.
Lol, Chillicothe will never lose to Waverly in football. I repeat, CHILLICOTHE WILL NEVER LOSE TO WAVERLY IN FOOTBALL. Get your head outta the clouds.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:43 pm

Lol, Chillicothe will never lose to Waverly in football. I repeat, CHILLICOTHE WILL NEVER LOSE TO WAVERLY IN FOOTBALL. Get your head outta the clouds.
Never say never. Still Chillicothe (and Jackson) in most every year would have more numbers and athletes to compete with than Waverly.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Tigernation2021
Varsity

You're right because they'll just tuck tail and run when they know they can't and just cancel. I'll stick with the prior to this past season Chillicothe wouldn't have beaten Waverly in the previous 3-4 seasons, PERIOD

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Rumors coming out are FAC is proposing Unioto and Waverly, I don't know that anyone sees Unioto leaving the SVC and if that's the case Waverly isn't going to leave the SOC. Meeting is tomorrow. It would be in Unioto's best interest to if they ever want to make a push in the playoffs to get away from the SVC but then again they haven't been able to win the SVC title for quite some time.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:58 pm

You're right because they'll just tuck tail and run when they know they can't and just cancel. I'll stick with the prior to this past season Chillicothe wouldn't have beaten Waverly in the previous 3-4 seasons, PERIOD
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

So what happened at meeting yesterday?

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Well....meeting happen not sure as to when they're planning on voting but I don't believe FAC brought a very good argument to the table. They are only proposing Waverly to join, which makes zero sense as to why you'd want to make it an uneven number. Their thoughts were it'd be easier to get to 8 if they had 7, so why would team 7 jump in not knowing who team 8 would be and would be outnumbered as to who would be going in?? Someone already stated Miami Trace will more than likely be jumping to DII by the time this takes effect, so the only other teams in proximity of these and might be willing to jump in are all larger schools.

Sounds like to me it'd be more beneficial for the SOC to fix what they've got going on. Apparently both Northwest and Oak Hill are wanting out, I believe SOC would be better off reaching out to teams wanting to make a move from OVC play and build the league

Big Division early on could like like this:
Burg
West
Waverly
Portsmouth
Gallia??

Small Division:
Minford
Valley
Coal Grove
Northwest (might stay if this were to happen) if not Rock Hill
Chesapeake

This would keep the driving for most relatively close, each team would have 4 conference games and can play 2 cross division games thus only needing 4 non-conference games. Sometimes it's easier to fix things in house as opposed to running off into the unknown because based off of that meeting seems to me there's a lot of unknowns. We'll see how it unfolds, there's been no timetable set as to any voting on this subject.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Fac has no commissioner so makes it interesting when trying to expand

Tigernation2021
Varsity

jose wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:09 pm Fac has no commissioner so makes it interesting when trying to expand
Yeah and I think that's one of the reasons is was a bit lacking in information as far as forward thinking, Swackhammer from Jackson was trying to explain things. This notion of well we want a 7th team in order to make it easier to find an 8th team is a crock.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:54 am Well....meeting happen not sure as to when they're planning on voting but I don't believe FAC brought a very good argument to the table. They are only proposing Waverly to join, which makes zero sense as to why you'd want to make it an uneven number. Their thoughts were it'd be easier to get to 8 if they had 7, so why would team 7 jump in not knowing who team 8 would be and would be outnumbered as to who would be going in?? Someone already stated Miami Trace will more than likely be jumping to DII by the time this takes effect, so the only other teams in proximity of these and might be willing to jump in are all larger schools.

Sounds like to me it'd be more beneficial for the SOC to fix what they've got going on. Apparently both Northwest and Oak Hill are wanting out, I believe SOC would be better off reaching out to teams wanting to make a move from OVC play and build the league

Big Division early on could like like this:
Burg
West
Waverly
Portsmouth
Gallia??

Small Division:
Minford
Valley
Coal Grove
Northwest (might stay if this were to happen) if not Rock Hill
Chesapeake

This would keep the driving for most relatively close, each team would have 4 conference games and can play 2 cross division games thus only needing 4 non-conference games. Sometimes it's easier to fix things in house as opposed to running off into the unknown because based off of that meeting seems to me there's a lot of unknowns. We'll see how it unfolds, there's been no timetable set as to any voting on this subject.
I think there is still something in the works on a 3rd division in the SOC.

Return to “Football”