Does lifting weights throw off yer shot

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Does lifting weights throw off yer shot

Post by Wings Teaford »

Old coach Carl and Howdy always said lifting weights is bad because it throws off yer shot. What’s all you think? Any football coaches out there still listening to that? Is it legit or just another way to keep boys from playing football? Thoughts?

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
eagle25
JV Team

Re: Does lifting weights throw off yer shot

Post by eagle25 »

Wings Teaford wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:29 pm Old coach Carl and Howdy always said lifting weights is bad because it throws off yer shot. What’s all you think? Any football coaches out there still listening to that? Is it legit or just another way to keep boys from playing football? Thoughts?
Not sure if it’s a sign of the times but three of the worst football teams in the Hocking, Belpre, FedHocking ( no football) and Trimble are also three of the best basketball teams in the Hocking. But no, weights are not a bad thing and yes it’s an excuse a few basketball coaches use to try to keep kids from playing football.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Back in 1980. Old Carl told us he didnt want us playin no football and he certainly didnt permit liftin them dang waits. He said them things throws yer shot off. Thats all I needed to hear. I dont want any of my family doing that crap either. You cant pick tomatoes if you aint got no cartilage in your knees.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Pittstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pittstop Billy »

We had a guy from Southern try to sell that garbage to our basketball team several years ago. Claimed he played on those “almost championship” teams and said that’s the only way to win. Needless to say he got ran out on a rail rather quickly.

The Butcher
Waterboy

Post by The Butcher »

We are gonna start up a fund to pay kids at Southern to stay away from the wait room. The Old Guard and I mean the old time basketball fans are totally in favor of this.

If we haven't heard a rumor by noon, we start one!
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

The Butcher wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:47 pm We are gonna start up a fund to pay kids at Southern to stay away from the wait room. The Old Guard and I mean the old time basketball fans are totally in favor of this.
Sounds like something Southern would do. Explains why Eastern has swept them this year. :mrgreen:

Homie Chadwell
Riding the Bench

Post by Homie Chadwell »

eagle25 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:06 pm
The Butcher wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:47 pm We are gonna start up a fund to pay kids at Southern to stay away from the wait room. The Old Guard and I mean the old time basketball fans are totally in favor of this.
Sounds like something Southern would do. Explains why Eastern has swept them this year. :mrgreen:
If Eastern has already swept the Does its cuz my boy didnt take good notes over Christmas break

Return to “Football”