Post season interview with Head Coach Robert Rachel Gamble Montessori

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post season interview with Head Coach Robert Rachel Gamble Montessori

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

For those of you reading these Coach Rachel was one of the coaches who allowed me to interview him when I first started doing these. I believe you can search this site and find that interview.

Name Robert Rachel

School Gamble Montessori

Position Head Coach

What were your primary concerns about the team heading into the 2022 season?
My main concern heading into the 2022 football season was the depth at every position, because being a small school a lot of guys have to go both ways, and sometimes that can take away from what you are trying to accomplish.

What were the two or three main goals you set for the 2022 team? Also, did they hit those goals?
The number one goal was to be efficient on offense because we are a small school with low numbers so we had to have a scheme that would benefit our team in the long run. We knew if we were efficient on offense that we could win the CMAC blue division title which was our second goal. Our third goal was to make the playoff for the second straight year and advance but we fell short to a good Madeira team. So we hit 2 out of our 3 goals.

What were the high and low points of the 2022 season?
Some highs were in week 4 the Montessori bowl. I’m which we beat our rival Clark Montessori to keep the hammer in our possession. Next was going into week 9 knowing we had a chance to win the CMAC blue division title outright if we beat Dayton Christian which we did. Some low points of the season were a few players had to deal with some tragic situations. But as a team, we had to get behind our players and keep their spirits up in order for the players to defeat whatever adversity they were going through. Luckily the players got through and we were able to move on with our season

After two days were all over, which player stuck out the most, and why?
After two days Juniors Brent Thompson and Desmond Davis really stuck out. They took on the rules as leaders of the team and we develop a mentality that we weren’t going to be denied anything. Brent and Davis's attitude carried on to the rest of the team and I think that really set the tone for our season.

The Gators went 7-3 overall in those losses, and you guys only averaged 10 points a game. What went wrong in those games? Yes, we had three losses on the season. What I think went wrong was in those games.
Those teams brought a great game scheme against us and they were able to stop what we were trying to do offensively and defensively. But those losses definitely helped us once we get interleague play.

Do you think online ticket sales only affected the size of the crowds?
I don’t think the online ticket sales affected the size of crowds I think it made the crowds bigger and I think it made things a lot easier for the fans to show up and watch their respective teams play football this season.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams per region making the playoffs?
I like 16 teams per region because it turns into any given Friday or Saturday night as we saw this year you had some lower seeds beat some higher seeds which made it good for high school football in Ohio.

If anything, what would you go back and change from the 2022 season?
There’s nothing I wouldn’t change from the 2022 season we had a great year the kids bought into everything that we were trying to do and that’s what made us successful so making some changes. I don’t see any changes that I will make at this point.

What did you learn most about your players during the 2022 season?
What I learned most about the players was they were very resilient strong and focus when we had to deal with adversity they stay focused and we were able to get the job done. That’s why we are CMAC blue champs and we gonna try and repeat the same success in 2023.

Can you share with the readers which of your seniors will be moving on to play college ball and list the schools they will be playing for?
Yes. I had just 3 seniors but only one will be going to play football ball in college and that's Najae Ward So far I know he will be visiting Defiance University and Ashland. He has an official offer from Wright State University

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Post season interview with Head Coach Robert Rachel Gamble Montessori

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:29 pm For those of you reading these Coach Rachel was one of the coaches who allowed me to interview him when I first started doing these. I believe you can search this site and find that interview.

Name Robert Rachel

School Gamble Montessori

Position Head Coach

My main concern heading into the 2022 football season was the depth at every position, because being a small school a lot of guys have to go both ways, and sometimes that can take away from what you are trying to accomplish.

What were the two or three main goals you set for the 2022 team? Also, did they hit those goals?
The number one goal was to be efficient on offense because we are a small school with low numbers so we had to have a scheme that would benefit our team in the long run. We knew if we were efficient on offense that we could win the CMAC blue division title which was our second goal. Our third goal was to make the playoff for the second straight year and advance but we fell short to a good Madeira team. So we hit 2 out of our 3 goals.

Some highs were in week 4 the Montessori bowl. I’m which we beat our rival Clark Montessori to keep the hammer in our possession. Next was going into week 9 knowing we had a chance to win the CMAC blue division title outright if we beat Dayton Christian which we did. Some low points of the season were a few players had to deal with some tragic situations. But as a team, we had to get behind our players and keep their spirits up in order for the players to defeat whatever adversity they were going through. Luckily the players got through and we were able to move on with our season

After two days Juniors Brent Thompson and Desmond Davis really stuck out. They took on the rules as leaders of the team and we develop a mentality that we weren’t going to be denied anything. Brent and Davis's attitude carried on to the rest of the team and I think that really set the tone for our season.

The Gators went 7-3 overall in those losses, and you guys only averaged 10 points a game. What went wrong in those games? Yes, we had three losses on the season. What I think went wrong was in those games.
Those teams brought a great game scheme against us and they were able to stop what we were trying to do offensively and defensively. But those losses definitely helped us once we get interleague play.

I don’t think the online ticket sales affected the size of crowds I think it made the crowds bigger and I think it made things a lot easier for the fans to show up and watch their respective teams play football this season.

I like 16 teams per region because it turns into any given Friday or Saturday night as we saw this year you had some lower seeds beat some higher seeds which made it good for high school football in Ohio.

There’s nothing I wouldn’t change from the 2022 season we had a great year the kids bought into everything that we were trying to do and that’s what made us successful so making some changes. I don’t see any changes that I will make at this point.

What I learned most about the players was they were very resilient strong and focus when we had to deal with adversity they stay focused and we were able to get the job done. That’s why we are CMAC blue champs and we gonna try and repeat the same success in 2023.

Can you share with the readers which of your seniors will be moving on to play college ball and list the schools they will be playing for?
Yes. I had just 3 seniors but only one will be going to play football ball in college and that's Najae Ward So far I know he will be visiting Defiance University and Ashland. He has an official offer from Wright State University

Good interview. Coach Rachel didn't make excuses, gave his opponents credit in their three losses.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Post season interview with Head Coach Robert Rachel Gamble Montessori

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:43 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:29 pm For those of you reading these Coach Rachel was one of the coaches who allowed me to interview him when I first started doing these. I believe you can search this site and find that interview.

Name Robert Rachel

School Gamble Montessori

Position Head Coach

Good interview. Coach Rachel didn't make excuses, gave his opponents credit in their three losses.
The coach is a straight shooter. I have nothing but respect for him and in how he runs his team.

Return to “Football”