Post-season interview with Dom Chambers Paint Valley

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post-season interview with Dom Chambers Paint Valley

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Dom Chambers

School Paint Valley

Positions played Running Back/Def End/OLB

What was the number one goal you set for yourself as well as the number one goal for your team? Did you and the team achieve these goals?

My top goal this past season was to bounce back from an injury in the prior season and really start a foundation for myself as a player. Facing limitations of my speed from the injury was a difficult situation. It was certainly something that had to drove my mentality when I was off the field. Personally, I know the job isn’t finished.
The team goal is to hold each other accountable for plays and be able to bond as brothers knowing we would do anything for the guy right next to us. There is so much talent on this team and when we all click together we are unstoppable. We showed this in a few games this season and will be doing it all next season with the dedication driving us throughout this winter. We believe there is no off-season and really want that motto to stick with us throughout Paint Valley's history.

What was the toughest part of your 2022 season?

The toughest part of the 2022 season by far would have to be when guys didn’t trust the man right next to them. It is a crucial point in a football family to have trust in your brother. It may have cost us some games we wanted back, but the flip side of the situation is the scary thing. When we trust each other we were able to put together dominant games and will continue this dominance throughout the 2023 season.

What were the high and low points of the 2022 season?

We had crucial errors throughout our performance against top-tier opponents which set us back. This began to set us at a lower part of the league chipping away from our main goal: to defeat the team across the line. We then took it upon ourselves to go farther beyond in practice and spend extra time working on our jobs. Allowing us to peak at our top performances.

All losses suck but which one from the 2022 season hurt the most

Yeah, no player wants to face a devastating loss of being blown out with zero points on the board which unfortunately we faced this season against great opponents, But it wasn’t these ugly scores that hurt the most. It would have to be the games we came up just short of a touchdown or two. Those games were against tough opponents West Jeff and Zane Trace. Our first loss of the season came from the Roughriders which took a stab at one of our goals of being undefeated throughout the regular season. We were put up against a great team and falling short of the victory left a bad taste in our mouths. Many may think Unioto would be our tougher loss of the season considering the loss to the talented Shermans removed our chance at the gold ball. It would actually be against Zane Trace where we had a chance of Sharing an SVC title with two other opponents. We were given a second chance at something great and came shy of our goal by a few scores. They’re a well-designed team and it would’ve been the end to their perfect season and allowed us to bounce back throughout the league. I respect all of these teams and enjoy facing talented opponents in the SVC.

Feeding off of the prior question which one of the wins from the 2022 season will you remember the most?

The win we will remember the most will be against our rivals the Huntington Huntsmen in their first-ever appearance in the playoffs. We had beaten them earlier in the season with terrible performance as a team and had the Huntsmen come very close to beating us in the regular season. We had to ensure that they would never get that close to our talent again by giving them a 1st round exit at home. Even though we are rivals, we have respect for their team.

What lesson did you learn from the 2022 season that you will use to be a better player this season?

The lesson I learned this season is to play every game like it’s your last because it very well could be. We lost a talented player to an injury this past season and he was unable to play his senior year. We have seen this years prior and want to ensure we are satisfied when we step off that field each time.

Which road game did you enjoy the most as far as playing at the opposing team's stadium?

The game I enjoyed most on the road would be against Blanchester in week 1. I was able to display my hard work throughout winter and really felt like I could let out a sigh of relief knowing I have a chance to put a name out for myself against tough opponents. I felt a surge of confidence stepping off their field.

The Bearcats were just 3-2 at home. What must change this coming season to improve on that mark?

It is upsetting to be 3-2 at home knowing you have families that spend their Friday night watching a loss. Our community does everything for our program and without them, we would be nothing. They share so much love and support with us on and off the field that it set a firm goal of why you want to win at home every single time. Letting them down is worse than losing because they are so much more than just fans. They are our families. Our dedication towards the win at home will be in honor of them.

Which side of the ball do you like playing the most?

Being on offense is my favorite side of the ball, I love when my guys can rely on my talents to get the yards we need or even more: a touchdown. Something about carrying that football across the endzone sets a spark in my mentality and it becomes an addiction for the rest of the game.

Have you heard from any colleges about playing at the next level? If so, which ones?

I’m currently working on getting to the next level. I have sent my film out to many great coaches and would love for any of them to give me a chance to be successful in their program. I went to multiple camps this past summer such as UC, Louisville, and Marshall. I enjoyed competing at each and every one of these camps. Marshall is one college I’d love to play at. I have a brother from the field who currently is on the team now. I will be going to a junior prospect camp next Saturday the 21st to talk with these remarkable coaches. I have spoken with a few coaches from this college and feel like it would be a home for me. I’ve gone on game day visits for big colleges such as Ohio University and enjoyed the atmosphere there. It is one of my dream colleges to play at and I will do everything in my abilities to get there. I’ve also gone to smaller colleges such as Ashland, and Alderson Broaddus. I plan on spreading my name out more as time goes on and visiting these talented colleges, along with more camps this summer. This is only the start of my journey and I am far from the finish line. I have unfinished business.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Post-season interview with Dom Chambers Paint Valley

Post by VetteMan »

I know that you interviewed the Paint Valley Head Coach last season. How often do you interview individual players? Maybe I just haven't noticed in the past?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I do players usually later in the year. I have only done this for two years, I believe.
Now that my name is out there a tiny amount more I am hoping the player thing will be easier.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:52 pm I know that you interviewed the Paint Valley Head Coach last season. How often do you interview individual players? Maybe I just haven't noticed in the past?
If you go to pafootballnews.com and check and search my name David Burnworth all of my interviews for them will be easy to find. A lot of my stuff there is in the Beyone The Keystone section, which is anything outside of Pa.

Also here is another place where some of my older stuff is.
I did more work for them but they no longer allow high school sports because it is a gaming site (Betting)
https://thegruelingtruth.com/author/davidburn/page/2/

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:02 pm I do players usually later in the year. I have only done this for two years, I believe.
Now that my name is out there a tiny amount more I am hoping the player thing will be easier.
Thank you. I bet the Kids really enjoy being interviewed. Do the Coaches or the Schools have an opinion one way or the other?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The only coach who turned me down was the current coach at Bellaire. I interviewed one of the Bellaire players and then had him ask the coach since he was not on Twitter. I have not ran into any coach who has said his players can not be interviewed.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:57 pm The only coach who turned me down was the current coach at Bellaire. I interviewed one of the Bellaire players and then had him ask the coach since he was not on Twitter. I have not ran into any coach who has said his players can not be interviewed.
I see no problem with it at all. As I said, I guarantee the kids would look forward to it.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I hope they enjoy them.

Return to “Football”