Post season interview with Jackson Shoemaker/Minford High School/TE/DE

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post season interview with Jackson Shoemaker/Minford High School/TE/DE

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Jackson Shoemaker

School Minford

Positions Tightend/Defensive End

What was the one goal you set for yourself heading into the 2022 season?
The one goal I set for myself was to strive to become a team leader and to help my team win ballgames.

After two days were completed, what goal did you have for your team?
After two days, I thought that our goal was to have a winning season and make the playoffs.

Did the team achieve that goal?
Our team ended up achieving this goal with our record ending up as 6-5 and making the playoffs

What was the best part of the 2022 season, along with the toughest part?
The best part about the 2022 football season was getting to celebrate all of the wins we had with my teammates and the community. The toughest part was recovering from some of the hard-fought losses that we had, and coming back the next day to work towards winning the next game.

As far as road games during the 2022 season go, which stadium do you enjoy playing at the most? Why?
As far as road games, I really enjoy playing at Ed Miller Stadium. The atmosphere at Wheelersburg’s stadium is wild and I love playing there. You have to rise up over your nerves and bring your best every play.

Which side of the ball do you prefer to play on? Why?
I enjoy playing on the offensive side of the ball more. I really like being the reliable guy that my quarterback feels comfortable throwing to. I also like making big plays and trying to raise morale on my team when it is needed.

What did you learn about yourself during the 2022 season that will make you a better player in 2023?
In the 2022 season, I learned that I need to move on to the next play, rather than worrying about the previous play that just happened.

Who is the hardest team to prepare for? Why?
The hardest team that we had to prepare for was Washington Courthouse. They had a lot of weapons on offense and you didn’t know who was going to get the ball next. They have lots of great athletes on their team that can make plays.

Which sports do you play?
I play football and basketball.

Which sport do you enjoy playing the most?
I enjoy playing football the most.

What is your fondest sports memory?
My fondest sports memory is playing Wheelersburg during my freshman year when we almost beat them.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Post season interview with Jackson Shoemaker/Minford High School/TE/DE

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:37 pm Name Jackson Shoemaker

School Minford

The one goal I set for myself was to strive to become a team leader and to help my team win ballgames.

After two days, I thought that our goal was to have a winning season and make the playoffs.

Our team ended up achieving this goal with our record ending up as 6-5 and making the playoffs

The best part about the 2022 football season was getting to celebrate all of the wins we had with my teammates and the community. The toughest part was recovering from some of the hard-fought losses that we had, and coming back the next day to work towards winning the next game.

As far as road games during the 2022 season go, which stadium do you enjoy playing at the most? Why?
As far as road games, I really enjoy playing at Ed Miller Stadium. The atmosphere at Wheelersburg’s stadium is wild and I love playing there. You have to rise up over your nerves and bring your best every play.

I enjoy playing on the offensive side of the ball more. I really like being the reliable guy that my quarterback feels comfortable throwing to. I also like making big plays and trying to raise morale on my team when it is needed.

What did you learn about yourself during the 2022 season that will make you a better player in 2023?
In the 2022 season, I learned that I need to move on to the next play, rather than worrying about the previous play that just happened.

The hardest team that we had to prepare for was Washington Courthouse. They had a lot of weapons on offense and you didn’t know who was going to get the ball next. They have lots of great athletes on their team that can make plays.

My fondest sports memory is playing Wheelersburg during my freshman year when we almost beat them.
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:37 pm Name Jackson Shoemaker

School Minford

Do you know if Jackson's father is the Boys Head Basketball Coach at Minford? Just watched on YouTube a couple days ago the basketball game between Minford High School and Lucasville Valley High School. It was a very good game between two very good teams, probably two of the best teams in the SOC-2 Conference. Minford won the game, and is also the first place team in the league. Jackson had an outstanding game, probably scoring maybe over 20 some points, including maybe 3 or 4 three pointers at very crucial times in the game. Have not seen him play football, but would guess that he is an all-around pretty good athlete.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I do not know. I rarely follow basketball because of online ticket sales.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:27 pm I do not know. I rarely follow basketball because of online ticket sales.
Thanks! I do know that the Head Coaches last name is Shoemaker.

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:27 pm I do not know. I rarely follow basketball because of online ticket sales.
Jack is shoemakers son, yes.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LetsRide wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:45 pm
VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 pm
Jack is shoemakers son, yes.
Thank you!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Great kid.

Return to “Football”