Fairfield Union Hires a New HC

Area51
Waterboy

Fairfield Union Hires a New HC

Post by Area51 »

Twitter news broke yesterday that Fairfield Union has hired a new football coach and they didn’t have to look far. Athletic Director Andy Clark has been named the head football coach at FU. Coach Clark will leave his athletic director duties behind him and move in to a classroom setting as a teacher. Most school districts have implemented strict boundaries that do not allow head coaches to be administrators, this is complete speculation but looks as if it could be the case. This is a home run hire for FU. Andy Clark was a standout QB at Chesapeake High School, he played college ball at Concord University. I believe he was an assistant coach at Rock Hill when they had 3 winning seasons in a row around 2005-2007, this included an OVC Championship. He was then an assistant at Chesapeake where they won an OVC Championship in 2011. He was then the HC at Chesapeake for nine years with a record of 47-44 and 3 playoff appearances. Since his resignation at Chesapeake the Panthers are far from .500 sitting at 4-22 the last three years. Coach Clark will indeed breath life in to this FU Program, congratulations to him, his family and FU. This could be a perfect match.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Re: Fairfield Union Hires a New HC

Post by Play60Football »

Area51 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:43 am Twitter news broke yesterday that Fairfield Union has hired a new football coach and they didn’t have to look far. Athletic Director Andy Clark has been named the head football coach at FU. Coach Clark will leave his athletic director duties behind him and move in to a classroom setting as a teacher. Most school districts have implemented strict boundaries that do not allow head coaches to be administrators, this is complete speculation but looks as if it could be the case. This is a home run hire for FU. Andy Clark was a standout QB at Chesapeake High School, he played college ball at Concord University. I believe he was an assistant coach at Rock Hill when they had 3 winning seasons in a row around 2005-2007, this included an OVC Championship. He was then an assistant at Chesapeake where they won an OVC Championship in 2011. He was then the HC at Chesapeake for nine years with a record of 47-44 and 3 playoff appearances. Since his resignation at Chesapeake the Panthers are far from .500 sitting at 4-22 the last three years. Coach Clark will indeed breath life in to this FU Program, congratulations to him, his family and FU. This could be a perfect match.
What happened to Krupla? I never saw a post or anything where he stepped down? Did he take one of the open Columbus jobs and they just haven't made the announcement yet? I thought Krupla was doing some good things at FU.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Andy Clark was the head coach at Chesapeake in 2011.

His record overall was 47-37 with an 0-3 record in the playoffs.

In 2011, they lost to #1 seed St. Clairsville, 30-27.
In 2015, they lost to #2 seed Valley, 23-0.
In 2016, they lost to #6 seed Barnesville, 41-22.

Since Andy Clark’s departure as head coach, Chesapeake has been 8-27.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Great hire for Fairfield Union. I remember his days of playing at Chesapeake as well as his coaching. Fine young man in my book.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

So nothing on Krupla? Did he just step aside? New Gig?

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Krupla stepped down is all that was announced. He sent out an email.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Chief02 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:54 pm Krupla stepped down is all that was announced. He sent out an email.
Interesting..... Thanks

4verts
Waterboy

Post by 4verts »

irontonwizard wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:48 pm Great hire for Fairfield Union. I remember his days of playing at Chesapeake as well as his coaching. Fine young man in my book.
Couldn't agree more! Great hire for Fairfield Union.

Return to “Football”