How in the world did tOSU let Burrows go?

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

How in the world did tOSU let Burrows go?

Post by Almost Champions »

Good enough to win a Natty for LSU!

Good enough to get the Bunhles to the Super Bowl and it looks like they may go again!

Not good enough to play for the Buckeyes?

Really?

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: How in the world did tOSU let Burrows go?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have always said if he did not get hurt he would have been the starter.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:00 pm I have always said if he did not get hurt he would have been the starter.
This isn't the case, Haskins was the backup at a time when Burrow as on the roster and had done more with less game time than Burrow. Even with the injury Meyer has already stated before he was going to go with Haskins over Burrow has even claimed Haskins is the best QB to ever play at OSU.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/11/2 ... u-football

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Thanks.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Meyer never wanted, Herman was the only reason. Shame that urban an Ohio guy never gave a chance

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I would say Myer wanted a QB that could run with speed. Joe might have been the better passer but with the receivers OSU had Myer probably figured they could get open for Haskins. He also might have seen a lot of Smith in Haskins. He also might have thought with Joe's coolness it might have been slow reaction.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

🤔 Always wonder that myself !!!

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Dwayne Haskins had a fine career at Ohio State. He wasn't the reason that OSU didn't win the National Championship. A very average defense was the problem. If you remember, Joe had a very average first year at LSU but went on to be the best qb in college football his last year.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:21 am I would say Myer wanted a QB that could run with speed. Joe might have been the better passer but with the receivers OSU had Myer probably figured they could get open for Haskins. He also might have seen a lot of Smith in Haskins. He also might have thought with Joe's coolness it might have been slow reaction.
With under 200 career rushing yards I doubt that it was his running ability that earned him the starting role.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:21 am I would say Myer wanted a QB that could run with speed. Joe might have been the better passer but with the receivers OSU had Myer probably figured they could get open for Haskins. He also might have seen a lot of Smith in Haskins. He also might have thought with Joe's coolness it might have been slow reaction.
Do oyu even watch football? Haskins was nothing but a pocket passer. He couldnt run across the street to get a free donut.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:17 am
Do oyu even watch football? Haskins was nothing but a pocket passer. He couldnt run across the street to get a free donut.
not my fault you can't recognize comic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mr. sore about everything. 8-)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dumbest decision in Ohio State history

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Go Bengals! Who Dey

Skyrocket
Riding the Bench

Post by Skyrocket »

Buckeye1972 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:49 am Dwayne Haskins had a fine career at Ohio State. He wasn't the reason that OSU didn't win the National Championship. A very average defense was the problem. If you remember, Joe had a very average first year at LSU but went on to be the best qb in college football his last year.
He won the Heisman trophy which means he was the best player in college football

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:03 pm
Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:17 am
not my fault you can't recognize comic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mr. sore about everything. 8-)
It would be easier if you were funny

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I really don't think you know what is funny. You just got your chain punked. :lol: :lol:

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Now thats funny. An old geezer using the word "punked".

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

But it is a young mind.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Almost Champions wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:10 pm Good enough to win a Natty for LSU!

Good enough to get the Bunhles to the Super Bowl and it looks like they may go again!

Not good enough to play for the Buckeyes?

Really?
easy, at that time haskins was just better. Haskins lone yr as buckeye starter was one of the best seasons any Big ten qb has ever had. compare haskins stats to burrows stats at LSU his 1st year.
Haskins 70% completion %, Burrow 58%
Haskins 4600yds passing, Burrow 2900
Haskins 47tds, burrow 16
now the bucks only got haskins for a yr and burrow lit it up at LSU in his 2nd yr but ohio state probably doesnt get feilds if burrow is still there. the move worked out for everyone. remember the SEC officials screw job against clemson kept us from a LSUvs OSU natty game in 2020

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

All Haskins supporters - you are delusional. Burrows was better. In hindsight, Meyer had a lot of problems as a coach. His decision to play Haskins over Burrow was one of the worst coaching decisions in the history of the sport.

Return to “Football”