2023 Post-Season Interview with Charles Johnson Winton Woods

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season Interview with Charles Johnson Winton Woods

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Charles Johnson

School Winton Woods

Position DB/RB/Slot

Entering the 2022 season, what goals did you set for yourself, and did you achieve those goals?
The goal that I set for my jr season was to win it all but sadly we lost 3rd round playoffs.

After two A days were completed, what was the main goal you had for your team, and did they achieve that goal?
My team goal was to win every week till we got to week 16

What did you learn about yourself in 2022 that you will use to become a better player in 2023?
What I will use more in the 2023 season is more confidence

Looking back at the road games you played in 2022, which stadium do you like playing at the most? Why is that?
Kings. A plus was it was their homecoming night.

What were the high and low points of the season?
The high and low parts of the season. Highs: beating teams and having fun in the locker room with the team getting to strap up your equipment to go take somebody's head off. lows: losing

What about the 2022 season surprised you the most?
What surprised me the most the adversity that I and my guys were handling was so good we had injured players from left to right so we gotta find fresh meat to replace that body I actually broke my hand and it put me out for the season

Which teammate or teammates will you miss the most from the 2022 class?
I’m going to miss all of those guys the same I loved all my brothers' equality from Jermaine Mathew’s to the youngest freshman we got if they are the team when week 1 hit that’s now my family

Being that you play both sides of the ball, can you share with us which is the hardest to play and explain why?
Oh DB is definitely harder you gotta be so locked in and focused watch the hips you gotta have a good position gotta know down distance yea DB is harder.

Other than losing the game, what was the one thing that stood out about Kings High School?
One thing that stood out about them is they played the 2022 season as a team even tho they didn’t make it all the way I’m pretty sure we were the state championship game but besides the point, they played as a strong team and played harder

I have asked some coaches this, but never a player, so you will be the first. What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
My thoughts are you better win because Winton woods will give it a shot And we don’t plan on failing this time

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season Interview with Charles Johnson Winton Woods

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:45 pm Name Charles Johnson

School Winton Woods

Position DB/RB/Slot

Entering the 2022 season, what goals did you set for yourself, and did you achieve those goals?
The goal that I set for my jr season was to win it all but sadly we lost 3rd round playoffs.

After two A days were completed, what was the main goal you had for your team, and did they achieve that goal?
My team goal was to win every week till we got to week 16

What did you learn about yourself in 2022 that you will use to become a better player in 2023?
What I will use more in the 2023 season is more confidence

Looking back at the road games you played in 2022, which stadium do you like playing at the most? Why is that?
Kings. A plus was it was their homecoming night.

What were the high and low points of the season?
The high and low parts of the season. Highs: beating teams and having fun in the locker room with the team getting to strap up your equipment to go take somebody's head off. lows: losing

What about the 2022 season surprised you the most?
What surprised me the most the adversity that I and my guys were handling was so good we had injured players from left to right so we gotta find fresh meat to replace that body I actually broke my hand and it put me out for the season

Which teammate or teammates will you miss the most from the 2022 class?
I’m going to miss all of those guys the same I loved all my brothers' equality from Jermaine Mathew’s to the youngest freshman we got if they are the team when week 1 hit that’s now my family

Being that you play both sides of the ball, can you share with us which is the hardest to play and explain why?
Oh DB is definitely harder you gotta be so locked in and focused watch the hips you gotta have a good position gotta know down distance yea DB is harder.

Other than losing the game, what was the one thing that stood out about Kings High School?
One thing that stood out about them is they played the 2022 season as a team even tho they didn’t make it all the way I’m pretty sure we were the state championship game but besides the point, they played as a strong team and played harder

I have asked some coaches this, but never a player, so you will be the first. What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
My thoughts are you better win because Winton woods will give it a shot And we don’t plan on failing this time
I noticed that Johnson mentioned Jermaine Mathews, who I'm pretty sure has been a very highly recruited DB, and has already committed to the Buckeyes. Also, I'm pretty sure that Myan Williams, the very good running back for the Buckeyes, also played at Winton Woods.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Post-Season Interview with Charles Johnson Winton Woods

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Woods has a nice history and I am more than guessing they will be really good this year.

Return to “Football”