2023 Post-season interview with Lineman James Swaim from Vinton County

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-season interview with Lineman James Swaim from Vinton County

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: James Swaim

School: Vernon County

Position: O-line

Heading into the 2022 season, what was the one big goal you set for yourself and did you achieve the goal?
Heading into the season, my big goal was just to work on staying low and finishing my blocks.

After two A days were completed, what were your expectations for the team, and did they meet those expectations?
After 2 days, I really thought we had the TVC on lock but just came up short.

What did you learn about yourself during the season that is going to make you a better player this coming season?
When times get hard, I can mentally check-in and not lose focus.

What were the best and worst parts of the 2022 season?
The best part of the season was the grid man. The worst part of the season, if I had to say so, was when it all came to an end because I wasn’t ready for it.

Who was the best player you guys faced in 2022?
Isaac Waller from Albany Alexander was the best player we faced, in my opinion.

Of all the road games you guys played last year, which one did you enjoy the most? Why?
Of all the road games, I’d say it would have to be Warren because they just got a new turf field.

What about the 2022 season surprised you the most?
The most surprising aspect of the season was that when Zeke, the starting quarterback, went down, Parker stepped up and took over as if nothing had happened.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I think it should go down some and make the teams want to work even harder and get into the playoffs.

Being that you play both sides of the ball, can you share with us which is the hardest to play and explain why?

Both said the ball is difficult, but I would say offense because if you step wrong or miss a block, the entire play is over.

Which sports do you play for Vinton County?

I only play football.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-season interview with Lineman James Swaim from Vinton County

Post by VetteMan »

You will never know for sure, but there are quite a few people that think that if the Vikings had not lost their QB to injury, that they very well might have won the TVC. I kind of have mixed feelings about the 16 teams and the playoffs, I'm glad that a lot of teams that would never have a chance to experience the post season get that opportunity, on the other hand you are always going to have a lot of really one-sided matchups. I don't see it changing at all, as I think it comes down to that all mighty dollar that the OHSAA is concerned about. As always, good interview.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:50 pm You will never know for sure, but there are quite a few people that think that if the Vikings had not lost their QB to injury, that they very well might have won the TVC. I kind of have mixed feelings about the 16 teams and the playoffs, I'm glad that a lot of teams that would never have a chance to experience the post season get that opportunity, on the other hand you are always going to have a lot of really one-sided matchups. I don't see it changing at all, as I think it comes down to that all mighty dollar that the OHSAA is concerned about. As always, good interview.

could not agree more. when Zeke Mollihan went down. that sure did hurt VC. i believe the outcome of the TVC would have been different for sure had he played. would he have made that much of a difference in week 11 against whom they faced. maybe not. maybe a little more competitive but the outcome of the playoff game. prolly stays the same.

however. he plays for the TVC

i strongly believe VC is your TVC champs

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

great interview and enjoyed reading it.

regardless how adults feel about it. i know personally that the kids LOvE doing this kind of stuff , exposures, and gettin to enjoy their moment.

keep up the good work Licking County Fan

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Thank you. I do this as my way of paying back the players and coaches for the good times I get during the season. There is always those who are going to poke fun at others for whatever reason. My life ain't that bad where I have to do that.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:18 am Thank you. I do this as my way of paying back the players and coaches for the good times I get during the season. There is always those who are going to poke fun at others for whatever reason. My life ain't that bad where I have to do that.
The effort that you put into not only going to all the games, as well as all the interviews that you do, I think it's great. I hope you that you continue to do both as long as you enjoy doing it. I look forward to both, even though I may ask a few to many questions sometimes.

Return to “Football”