2023 Post-season interview with two-way lineman Luke Williams Cincinnati Landmark Christian

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-season interview with two-way lineman Luke Williams Cincinnati Landmark Christian

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

For those who have read my interviews in the past, you are all aware of Landmark Christian. Coach Goodpastor has gone way beyond the normal to make me feel like I belong when I cover his games. Everyone I met associated with the school from the athletic director to one of the school secretaries has been willing to get me any information I need while I am at the games. The players I have contacted have all agreed to the interview. In reading this interview and another I have coming up with another Landmark Christian player will find out what a special season they had in 2022.

Name: Luke Williams

School: Landmark Christian

Positions played: Defensive Tackle, Defensive End, and Guard

After talking with Coach Goodpastor, I learned that you missed last season. Can you tell the readers what your injury was and how the healing process has gone?

Unfortunately, before the season, I completely tore my ACL. My recovery has well-exceeded expectations. I worked with a company called Accelerate ACL to speed up my recovery, and that was such a life-changing process. Physically, I felt amazing, and mentally, I've surpassed anywhere I thought I'd be at this point.

Before the injury, what were the main goals you had set for yourself? I like to set high expectations.
I was going for a championship, conference defensive player of the year, all-state, and I was wanting to earn a Division I offer.

Can you tell the readers just how hard it was for you to miss the 2022 season?

It wasn't easy. Spending an entire off-season preparing myself physically and mentally to be a dominant player and having it ripped away within a second was hard to process. I'm thankful I was surrounded by supportive people. My life is football, and playing in Division I is what I aspire to do, and the injury certainly threw me off track.

Listed at 6-1,305, you play on both sides of the ball. Which side do you enjoy the most?

I enjoy both sides, but I enjoy the defensive line more.

Which side of the line is the hardest to play?

Each side has its difficulties. For me, the defensive line is harder.

In your opinion, who was the best player Cincinnati Landmark Christian faced in 2022?

#3 on the Columbus Crusaders Jericho Etok was an electric athlete.

Who do you believe was the best team you guys faced last season?

The Columbus Crusaders because they had athletes all over the field.

Which means more to you: beating one of the OHSAA teams you guys play or beating a league foe?

League Foe has more clout. There is a lot of history between the teams we play, and it's always competitive.

What did you learn about yourself during your rehab that will make you a better player on the field this season?

Mentally, I am in one of the best places I've ever been. The most difficult part is not physical, but mental. There are times you'll be demotivated, and you'll get a little knee pain. Not everything will go according to plan, and that's okay. When I step on the field next year, I will be the mentally toughest player out there. Overall, the injury has taught me mental toughness. It's taught me to never take anything for granted and to enjoy every second of what we have. It's helped me optimize every second I have towards my training.

After talking with Coach Goodpastor, I learned that you have been getting some college looks. Can you name some of the schools that are looking at you?

I've been in contact with Eastern Kentucky, Ball State, St. Francis, Eastern Carolina, Marshall, and a few others.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-season interview with two-way lineman Luke Williams Cincinnati Landmark Christian

Post by VetteMan »

It sounds as if Cincinnati Landmark Christian and Coach Goodpastor and everyone else associated with the school, go over and above in trying to be accommodating to you. It sounds as if that is a very positive situation for everyone involved.

Luke Williams, when discussing his ACL injury, says that he got involved with a company called Accelerate ACL, which was a way to help speed-up his recovery. I wonder if he did this on his own, or if the school was somehow involved.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Post-season interview with two-way lineman Luke Williams Cincinnati Landmark Christian

I am going to guess since L.C. really preaches being a family that the school probably helped in some way with this.
They are part of a triple header this coming season and I am covering all three of those games.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:39 pm I am going to guess since L.C. really preaches being a family that the school probably helped in some way with this.
They are part of a triple header this coming season and I am covering all three of those games.
That sounds great. I can see that you are looking forward to the triple-header already.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I will have a few events like this if all goes as planned.
Hopefully, two will be in Indiana.
Maybe, New Jersey and then another East Coast event.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:00 pm I will have a few events like this if all goes as planned.
Hopefully, two will be in Indiana.
Maybe, New Jersey and then another East Coast event.
I told you before that you need a full time secretary. Lol

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I have done this so long it is 2nd nature to me.

Return to “Football”