Valley young in 2023

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Valley young in 2023

Post by ValleyStrong »

Thoughts on Valley going into 2023? They are returning a lot of young starters. I know they have a few current college bound kids in the senior class in all sports Are any of the young guys currently being looked at by anyone, and in what sport?

LetsRide
Waterboy

Re: Valley young in 2023

Post by LetsRide »

ValleyStrong wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:46 pm Thoughts on Valley going into 2023? They are returning a lot of young starters. I know they have a few current college bound kids in the senior class in all sports Are any of the young guys currently being looked at by anyone, and in what sport?
Might be a tough next couple of years on the rez

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Yeah it's going to be a very tough 2023 for Valley hopefully they can stay the course with the new coach and start building things back up.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Have heard Valley has solid numbers coming up from junior high and there's definitely some real talent at the skill positions in their freshman class. Next year will be tough, but they should start trending the right direction again the following season.*

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree. They will be young and lots of new faces. They do return a running back and a few receivers. QB has a nice arm. Line play and depth will be areas of concern for the Indians.

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:49 am Have heard Valley has solid numbers coming up from junior high and there's definitely some real talent at the skill positions in their freshman class. Next year will be tough, but they should start trending the right direction again the following season.*
I hope people will see this and have patience for Crabtree and his staff!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

They are in for a rough season next year I’m really surprised they don’t get more transfers than they do they do return a good rb and a capable qb but will struggle along the lines

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

I saw on Facebook that they had boys doing powerlifting which is new and that won’t hurt anything. I think they will be able to move the ball and use athletes but I agree that the line and depth are the hurting areas. Youth and Jr high numbers seem to be good. I hope this is just a bump in the road as the young players develop.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

Valley is definitely in for a long season this coming year due to lower numbers of upperclassman. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of number of players in each grade. They just need to continue to build a culture of showing up and putting in maximum effort and in a couple years they will be fine. Their only problem with this incoming group of freshman is that they have been prone to the injury bug throughout jr. high. Collar bones, ankles, backs, ACL's. I know injuries are part of the game but that group hasn't been full strength at all during jr. high. Here's to a hopefully healthy high school career.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:00 pm They are in for a rough season next year I’m really surprised they don’t get more transfers than they do they do return a good rb and a capable qb but will struggle along the lines
Curious as to why you think they don't get more transfers than they do?? I don't really think Valley has ever been a big transfer location, and now with them on the edge of DVII status and being down I don't know why they'd choose to go there over some of the other area schools.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Seems like they’ve had a few baseball kids come in more than anything else.

Someone said the upper class numbers are a problem, but lower classes and Jr high are good shape. Weather the storm, keep lifting, and see what happens.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:55 pm
Izladoom wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:00 pm They are in for a rough season next year I’m really surprised they don’t get more transfers than they do they do return a good rb and a capable qb but will struggle along the lines
Curious as to why you think they don't get more transfers than they do?? I don't really think Valley has ever been a big transfer location, and now with them on the edge of DVII status and being down I don't know why they'd choose to go there over some of the other area schools.
I never understood why they didn’t get more transfers they have a history of being a successful program they have some of the best facilities around plus usually not very deep so a chance to play early but they rarely got any transfers now with the new indoor facilities a new coach with a player friendly offense scheme maybe that will change

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Valley has some athletes in 8 9 10th grades that is for sure.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

They return a solid group of young kids with lots of experience, and talent. Seems quite a few of them are putting in the work in the weight room. I know a few of the kids are hoping to get next level. I look for the hard work to pay off, and at least a few of those kids should be able to make it to the college level. Shore up a few of the holes and this young team could upset a few teams next season.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:40 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:55 pm
I never understood why they didn’t get more transfers they have a history of being a successful program they have some of the best facilities around plus usually not very deep so a chance to play early but they rarely got any transfers now with the new indoor facilities a new coach with a player friendly offense scheme maybe that will change
With the way teams are building facilities now I don't think you can rank them as having the best facilities they have good ones but everyone is going bigger and better. They have had a successful program way back when but honestly when was the last time anyone looked at Valley as a football powerhouse or even put them as pre-season teams to watch it's been years since they've been relevant. It's a tough pill to swallow but for Valley to return it's going to have to be from the athletes coming up through their own system. I mean Valley couldn't keep one of their best athletes to come through in a long time and that's where the program sits if we're being honest.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

It may be a tough few years, but the Indians will bounce back. They have a great staff in place, and the new indoor facility is amazing. Patience is the key here....

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I agree. Valley has the right pieces and coaches in place to build this thing back up. Going to take a couple years but there's an abundance of athletes in the younger grades --- just have to get them stronger and more experienced.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Football”