2023 Post-Season Interview with two-way lineman Zachary Anderson from Miami Valley Christian Academy

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season Interview with two-way lineman Zachary Anderson from Miami Valley Christian Academy

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Zachary Anderson

School: Miami Valley Christian Academy

Positions played: offensive tackle, defensive tackle, and defensive end.

What goals had you set for yourself entering the 2022 season?
Some goals I had were to try to get college looks by the end of the season and get stronger and faster throughout the season.

After two A days were completed, what goals did you set for your team?
To have a winning season and try to have the best record in school history.

In your opinion, who and which team had the best player that Miami Valley Christian Academy faced last season?
I'd say defensive end/running back Greg Miller from Saint Bernard.

What lesson or lessons did you learn about yourself after last season? Will you be able to use this season to help make you a better player?
I learned that I couldn’t just use my size to beat people on the line, so I had to start mixing in some different moves on the defensive line to be more successful. I think it taught me that I need to be in the gym a lot more and start working out whenever I am able to.

In looking back at the road games from the 2022 season, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most?
I would say when we played at Mount Saint Joe University and were facing Riverview East.

What were the lowest and highest moments of the 2022 season?
Some low moments were in week 7 when I pulled my hamstring. Before the season started, we had a scrimmage against Middletown Christian, and our starting quarterback, who was a senior, went down with an injury where he tore his MCL and PCL. Some high moments were in weeks 3–5 when we went on a 3-game win streak, which was the first in multiple years.

What will you remember most from the 2022 class?
They always reminded us we wouldn’t be playing this game if it weren't for the Lord, so we need to honor him in everything we do on the field.

Which of the four victories from the 2022 season meant the most to you? Why?
The win against Riverview East meant the most because we were down 20-16 at halftime and came back to win 32-20, not allowing them to score in the second half.

Which of the losses hurt the most?
The loss to Lockland hurt pretty bad.

Where does Miami Valley Christian Academy play its home games?
We play our home games at Miami Valley Christian Academy, which is located on the school's campus.

What league is Miami Valley Christian in?
We are part of the Miami valley conference

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season Interview with two-way lineman Zachary Anderson from Miami Valley Christian Academy

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:17 pm Name: Zachary Anderson

School: Miami Valley Christian Academy

Positions played: offensive tackle, defensive tackle, and defensive end.

What goals had you set for yourself entering the 2022 season?
Some goals I had were to try to get college looks by the end of the season and get stronger and faster throughout the season.

After two A days were completed, what goals did you set for your team?
To have a winning season and try to have the best record in school history.

In your opinion, who and which team had the best player that Miami Valley Christian Academy faced last season?
I'd say defensive end/running back Greg Miller from Saint Bernard.

What lesson or lessons did you learn about yourself after last season? Will you be able to use this season to help make you a better player?
I learned that I couldn’t just use my size to beat people on the line, so I had to start mixing in some different moves on the defensive line to be more successful. I think it taught me that I need to be in the gym a lot more and start working out whenever I am able to.

In looking back at the road games from the 2022 season, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most?
I would say when we played at Mount Saint Joe University and were facing Riverview East.

What were the lowest and highest moments of the 2022 season?
Some low moments were in week 7 when I pulled my hamstring. Before the season started, we had a scrimmage against Middletown Christian, and our starting quarterback, who was a senior, went down with an injury where he tore his MCL and PCL. Some high moments were in weeks 3–5 when we went on a 3-game win streak, which was the first in multiple years.

What will you remember most from the 2022 class?
They always reminded us we wouldn’t be playing this game if it weren't for the Lord, so we need to honor him in everything we do on the field.

Which of the four victories from the 2022 season meant the most to you? Why?
The win against Riverview East meant the most because we were down 20-16 at halftime and came back to win 32-20, not allowing them to score in the second half.

Which of the losses hurt the most?
The loss to Lockland hurt pretty bad.

Where does Miami Valley Christian Academy play its home games?
We play our home games at Miami Valley Christian Academy, which is located on the school's campus.

What league is Miami Valley Christian in?
We are part of the Miami valley conference
First off, about where in the State is Miami Valley Christian Academy located ? Just recently you had an interview with the Coach of Cincinnati Landmark Christian Academy, do these two schools play each other ? In quite a few of your player interviews, i've noticed that a lot of the players play multiple positions, do you think that is because of low numbers that are participating, as a lot of your OHSAA schools are now dealing with also ? Good interview as usual.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Post-Season Interview with two-way lineman Zachary Anderson from Miami Valley Christian Academy

MVCA is in the Dayton area.
The two did not play each other last season. I am not sure if they have played in the past.
The players from smaller schools almost always go both ways.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:19 am MVCA is in the Dayton area.
The two did not play each other last season. I am not sure if they have played in the past.
The players from smaller schools almost always go both ways.
Thank you. I'm just not that familiar with a lot of the Christion schools. A lot of your smaller OHSAA schools are facing the numbers problem as well. Down in this part of the State, very few schools are able to play without having a large number of their players having to play both ways. Do you know if the Christion schools ever have kids that would want to transfer to another Christion school, would they have rules or guidelines that they would have to follow, or has that ever been a problem ?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

To be honest I am not sure how the private school world works.

Return to “Football”