2023 Post-Season interview with national champion Benjamin William Cincinnati Landmark Christian

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season interview with national champion Benjamin William Cincinnati Landmark Christian

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Benjamin Williams

School: Cincinnati Landmark Christian Eagles

Class: 2025

Positions: OL/DT

Who was the best player that Landmark Christian faced in 2022, and which team did he play for?
No.12 Elijah Ludd from Middletowntown Christian

Who was the best team Landmark Christian faced, and what made them so tough?

The most challenging team we faced was the Northside Lions. They had a great defense overall and a great offense that made you prepare for everything.

What will you miss from the 2022 class?
I’ll miss the leadership they brought as well as the brotherhood I have with each of them.

What was it like winning the home school national championship?

Winning a national championship is something I have had on my mind all off-season. Being able to go out and win it is an experience I’ll never forget.

How much did you enjoy defeating all three OHSAA school teams that Landmark Christian faced in 2022?
Beating all the public schools that we played was nice, but it's not the standard I expect us to meet to win all those games.

In looking back at the road games, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most?
AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys, was absolutely the best. The atmosphere felt different, the locker rooms were great, and we won. You can't have a better road game than that.

What was your goal going into the 2022 season? Did you achieve that goal?

My goal going into the 2022 season was to earn a starting spot. Being a sophomore, it tends to be harder to earn a spot, but I worked hard and achieved that goal.

What was the biggest goal you had set for your team after two A days were finished? Did the team achieve that goal?
The biggest goal for the team is to end the season undefeated, which sadly we did not achieve.

What were the high and low points of the season?
The high point of the season was winning a national championship. The low point was a two-game losing streak we had.

What are your top three goals for the 2023 season?

My top 3 goals for this year's season are 1. Win a national championship. 2. Become an all-conference player. 3. Go undefeated.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with national champion Benjamin William Cincinnati Landmark Christian

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:23 pm Name: Benjamin Williams

Class: 2025

Positions: OL/DT

Who was the best player that Landmark Christian faced in 2022, and which team did he play for?
No.12 Elijah Ludd from Middletowntown Christian

Who was the best team Landmark Christian faced, and what made them so tough?

The most challenging team we faced was the Northside Lions. They had a great defense overall and a great offense that made you prepare for everything.

What will you miss from the 2022 class?
I’ll miss the leadership they brought as well as the brotherhood I have with each of them.

What was it like winning the home school national championship?

Winning a national championship is something I have had on my mind all off-season. Being able to go out and win it is an experience I’ll never forget.

How much did you enjoy defeating all three OHSAA school teams that Landmark Christian faced in 2022?
Beating all the public schools that we played was nice, but it's not the standard I expect us to meet to win all those games.

In looking back at the road games, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most?
AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys, was absolutely the best. The atmosphere felt different, the locker rooms were great, and we won. You can't have a better road game than that.

What was your goal going into the 2022 season? Did you achieve that goal?

My goal going into the 2022 season was to earn a starting spot. Being a sophomore, it tends to be harder to earn a spot, but I worked hard and achieved that goal.

What was the biggest goal you had set for your team after two A days were finished? Did the team achieve that goal?
The biggest goal for the team is to end the season undefeated, which sadly we did not achieve.

What were the high and low points of the season?
The high point of the season was winning a national championship. The low point was a two-game losing streak we had.

What are your top three goals for the 2023 season?

My top 3 goals for this year's season are 1. Win a national championship. 2. Become an all-conference player. 3. Go undefeated.
WOW! That's about as good as it get's, winning the Home School National Championship, getting to play at the Dallas Cowboys home stadium, then knowing that you are the last team standing. When he mentioned the 2 game losing streak, I wonder if the Middletown Christan school and the Northside Lions were possibly the two teams that they had lost too ?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with national champion Benjamin William Cincinnati Landmark Christian

Post by VetteMan »

Thanks for the Info. I never thought about checking MaxPreps. Very good interview as usual.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thanks.
I know in talking with Coach Goodpastor that the team went through a lot of injuries and he felt that the record was a little deceiving.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:10 am Thanks.
I know in talking with Coach Goodpastor that the team went through a lot of injuries and he felt that the record was a little deceiving.
This may not be 100% as to why this happened, but when checking their scores throughout the season, their first game against their conference foe Middletown Christian, they won a nailbiter by 1 point at Middletown Christian, they then 2 weeks later played a home game rematch against Middletown Christian and got beat by 26 points. They did not lose another game after that including the playoffs and the National Championship Game. Injuries at that particular time of the season very well may have had a lot to do with their overall record. Every time I see Coach Goodpastor's name, how in the world could he not be a very good coach with that last name ?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Mike has a very good history in coaching. He Won the arena league title and has had at least two chances to go to Canada and coach in the CFL. I am lucky to know him if just a little.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

This young man has been getting more and more looks.

https://twitter.com/Ben_Williams50

Return to “Football”