2023 Post-Season interview with Andrew Bruce ATH (DB, RB) Chardon High School

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season interview with Andrew Bruce ATH (DB, RB) Chardon High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Andrew Bruce

School: Chardon High School (Chardon, OH)

Positions: ATH (DB, RB)

During the 2022 season, what were your own personal highs and lows?
The 2022 season was pretty much a roller coaster for me. I think I started off pretty hot early in the season, and I think myself and my great teammates all played pretty well for the first few times we played together. I feel that I didn’t do enough for them... Near the end of the season, I think I could have given a little more, and we could’ve made it another week.

What were the high and low points of the season for the team?
As a result, the early-season high and late-season low are both lower.

What are you going to miss the most from the 2023 class?
I'm going to miss my brothers from the 23s the most. These are the dudes I’ve been with ever since the womb man was practicing on the dirt fields in 1st grade, spilling tradition everywhere. Thus, now that they are gone, it slowly creeps into your mind that you are now the true leader. A senior. You'll never get those moments back with your brothers on the field, but you'll remember them forever!

Heading into the season, what was your number one personal goal?
We were up against a lot of expectations; we were the defending D3 state champions, so we were expected to win and nothing else. Sadly, we fell short in the regional finals.

After two days, what was the goal, or goals, you had set for the team?
Our history has proven that we expected to win. Because we were the defending D3 state champions, we were expected to win, and nothing else mattered. Sadly, we fell short in the regional finals.

Who was the best player Chardon faced in 2022?
Broc Lowry from Canfield

Who was the best team you guys faced in 2022?
There were a handful of great teams we played, ranging from our backyard to Florida, but I think the Canfield team was the best overall team. Their chemistry was like no other, and they were a true brotherhood that revolved around Broc. They were a largely senior-led team with leaders everywhere and people who built a brotherhood just like we do.

Of all the road stadiums you played in during the 2022 season, which one did you like paying at the most? Why/?
The Freedom Bowl at the Hall of Fame in Canton was without a doubt the best stadium we ever played in. That event was like no other great competition in that there was talent everywhere, not just those dudes who work hard! on a big stage in a big stadium for a big audience.

What did you learn the most about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use this season to become a better player?
I think this year has taught me so many things! Cherish every moment, man, because your time in the hourglass is shrinking. You only have a little time left, and nothing is guaranteed; you've got to put in the work and strive to be great. Another thing I think this year has taught me is that there is always room for improvement. This, I believe, demonstrated to me that the grind never ends.

Have you heard from any colleges about playing at the next level, and would you name some of those colleges?
I am an unranked recruit, but I have one offer from Central Michigan. I've heard from a variety of schools, ranging from Ivy Leagues to Power 5s, and from all over the country, with the majority based on the east coast. Stanford to Uconn, from coast to coast, have all been contacted. I’ve been to a lot of game days and other activities like camps, junior days, and more. All those are mainly MAC, some ACC, some BIG 10, and more.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with Andrew Bruce ATH (DB, RB) Chardon High School

Post by VetteMan »

Just really shows that even though you are a defending State Champion, that long road to repeating the next season not only get's longer, but it becomes even more difficult to attain. Andrew seems to realize that some of the goals that he would like to accomplish individually means that he's going to have to work even harder to reach. Good interview as always.

Return to “Football”