LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season with Peyton Bell Offensive Tackle Paint Valley

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Peyton Bell

School: Paint Valley High School

Class: 2024

Positions played: Offensive Tackle

In your opinion, who was the best team Paint Valley faced during the 2022 season, and what made them the best?
We played a lot of really good teams in the 2022 season, but one of the toughest teams was probably Allen East because of how fast they were. They were small but had a lot of speed, and we couldn’t match up speed-wise with them. And the 2-hour drive didn’t help either.

Staying with the best theme, who was the best player, in your opinion, that the Bearcats faced and which team did he play for?
That’s a tough one because the team we faced had so much talent. Newton Hoops from Unioto was really smooth, and he’s a first-team All-Ohio selection. Daniel Barnhart was really impressive on both sides of the ball. I could go all day naming players, but it’s hard to nail down just one.

What goals had you set for yourself entering the 2022 season, and did you achieve those goals?
I’m not huge on personal goals; it's more about the team for me. But it was nice to be named for all leagues and all districts.

After two all-day practices were complete, what were the biggest goals you had set for the team, and did you guys achieve those goals?
At the beginning of the year, we thought the sky was the limit. But unfortunately, injuries plagued us early on, and we didn’t achieve what we originally set out to do. We did achieve a home playoff game and got to play in Week 12. We can check that off our list.

What was the biggest win you guys had, along with the loss that hurt the most?
I think our biggest loss was probably to Unioto. We had kicked a field goal before halftime to go up 17-14, and we came out of the second half and Cavan had injured his ankle. It really limited our offense. It was just very disheartening. In my opinion, our biggest win was probably Huntington the second time in the playoffs. We played really well as a team and executed our game plan pretty well. There's nothing like playing a division rival for the second time in a season.

What will you miss most about the Class of 2023?

Obviously, seeing seniors leave hurts, but for me personally, Roman Wisecup is probably the one I will miss the most. When Coach Dye lined me and Roman up beside each other, I felt like we were unstoppable and there was nothing we couldn’t do.

Looking back at only the road games from last season, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most? Explain.
For me, it’s Unioto. The energy from the fans is just amazing. Their field is also very nice. It’s not the turf I'm used to, but it was probably the best grass field in the SVC.

What did you learn the most about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use this season to become a better player?
Well, I switched from center to tackle, and I think it was the best move for my long-term goals. Playing tackle made me realize how important it is for big men to have quick feet.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region qualifying for the playoffs?
I love the 16-team format. It makes it a longer season for a lot of teams, and it gives us an extra opportunity for a home game. There's no better place to play than in the valley.

Have you heard from any colleges about playing at the next level, and would you name some of those colleges?
I’ve visited Alderson Broaddus and Ohio University. I’ve been invited to Miami of Ohio and Marshall university and have gotten multiple letters from multiple colleges but I'm keeping my options open for right now.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season with Peyton Bell Offensive Tackle Paint Valley

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:48 pm Name: Peyton Bell

School: Paint Valley High School

Class: 2024

Positions played: Offensive Tackle

In your opinion, who was the best team Paint Valley faced during the 2022 season, and what made them the best?
We played a lot of really good teams in the 2022 season, but one of the toughest teams was probably Allen East because of how fast they were. They were small but had a lot of speed, and we couldn’t match up speed-wise with them. And the 2-hour drive didn’t help either.

Staying with the best theme, who was the best player, in your opinion, that the Bearcats faced and which team did he play for?
That’s a tough one because the team we faced had so much talent. Newton Hoops from Unioto was really smooth, and he’s a first-team All-Ohio selection. Daniel Barnhart was really impressive on both sides of the ball. I could go all day naming players, but it’s hard to nail down just one.

What goals had you set for yourself entering the 2022 season, and did you achieve those goals?
I’m not huge on personal goals; it's more about the team for me. But it was nice to be named for all leagues and all districts.

After two all-day practices were complete, what were the biggest goals you had set for the team, and did you guys achieve those goals?
At the beginning of the year, we thought the sky was the limit. But unfortunately, injuries plagued us early on, and we didn’t achieve what we originally set out to do. We did achieve a home playoff game and got to play in Week 12. We can check that off our list.

What was the biggest win you guys had, along with the loss that hurt the most?
I think our biggest loss was probably to Unioto. We had kicked a field goal before halftime to go up 17-14, and we came out of the second half and Cavan had injured his ankle. It really limited our offense. It was just very disheartening. In my opinion, our biggest win was probably Huntington the second time in the playoffs. We played really well as a team and executed our game plan pretty well. There's nothing like playing a division rival for the second time in a season.

What will you miss most about the Class of 2023?

Obviously, seeing seniors leave hurts, but for me personally, Roman Wisecup is probably the one I will miss the most. When Coach Dye lined me and Roman up beside each other, I felt like we were unstoppable and there was nothing we couldn’t do.

Looking back at only the road games from last season, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most? Explain.
For me, it’s Unioto. The energy from the fans is just amazing. Their field is also very nice. It’s not the turf I'm used to, but it was probably the best grass field in the SVC.

What did you learn the most about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use this season to become a better player?
Well, I switched from center to tackle, and I think it was the best move for my long-term goals. Playing tackle made me realize how important it is for big men to have quick feet.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region qualifying for the playoffs?
I love the 16-team format. It makes it a longer season for a lot of teams, and it gives us an extra opportunity for a home game. There's no better place to play than in the valley.

Have you heard from any colleges about playing at the next level, and would you name some of those colleges?
I’ve visited Alderson Broaddus and Ohio University. I’ve been invited to Miami of Ohio and Marshall university and have gotten multiple letters from multiple colleges but I'm keeping my options open for right now.
Having had the opportunity to watch PV in the past few seasons, I would have to agree about how supportive the PV community is about their football program. Good interview.

2pvfballers
Waterboy

Re: 2023 Post-Season with Peyton Bell Offensive Tackle Paint Valley

Post by 2pvfballers »

The kid is a stud. 6’4 320lbs, great feet, and such a pleasure to be around. IMO the best lineman in the SVC (68 confirmed pancake blocks). Being recruited right now by AB, UD, OU, Marshall, and Toledo to name a few. Being a PV fan, I can tell you that there wasn’t a player last season that brought as much energy as he did to the program. I wish him well and look forward to watching him this season. Go Cats!

Return to “Football”