2023 Post-Season interview with Keshaun Thomas Quarterback Mason County High School (KY)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season interview with Keshaun Thomas Quarterback Mason County High School (KY)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Keshaun Thomas

School Mason County

Class 2024

Positions played Quarterback

In your opinion, who was the best team Mason County faced during the 2022 season, and what made them the best?
I think Bardstown was the best team we played all year. All year, we had better athletes than everyone we played, but when it came time to play them, we knew that they had some guys that could play and were just as athletic as our guys.

Staying with the best theme, who was the best player, in your opinion, that the Royals faced and which team did he play for?
I think the best player we played all year was Tyty Williams from Bardstown. He’s extremely athletic and a playmaker.

What goals had you set for yourself entering the 2022 season, and did you achieve those goals?
Coming into the ‘22 season, I knew I needed to become a better leader, take better care of the ball, and just be a better student of the game. I do believe I achieved my goals for myself. I trust my abilities, and the last two goals go hand in hand. Being a good student of the game allows you to minimize the mistakes you make as a quarterback.

After two A-day practices were complete, what were the biggest goals you had set for the team, and did you guys achieve those goals?
Coming into the season, I really thought we had a great shot at an undefeated regular season. In order to do that, we had to win our district, and we did that. Another goal I had was to be a state champion.
We achieved all of these goals except for state championships. But we made history, and the guys on that team will forever be remembered amongst the greatest players and teams to ever put on a Mason County uniform.

What was the biggest win you guys had, along with the loss that hurt the most?
I think the biggest win of our season was the regional championship against Greenup. We had to overcome some adversity to win that game, and that region championship win really opened some eyes for the people outside of our program. The loss that hurt the most was our only one of the season. For me, it hurt the most because I knew that we were a championship-caliber team, and to get that close but not make it to where you really wanted to be sucked. I also felt bad for those seniors who needed the exposure that the state championship provided so that they could go chase their dreams.

What will you miss most about the Class of 2023?
All of the guys in the class of 2023 are my friends. I’ve spent the night with some of those guys plenty of times, and a lot of them are like family to me. I made a lot of memories with those guys, not just on the football field.

Looking back at only the road games from last season, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most? Explain.
My favorite place we played was definitely Fleming. Nothing beats a rivalry game when everyone wants to see you fail, and then you go out and make a statement. I like the hostility that environment brings; it really brings out the competitiveness in me.

What did you learn the most about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use this season to become a better player?
What I learned the most about myself is that I am capable of being a good quarterback. I just need to keep working and build off of what I did this past season as I try to gain some offers to play at the next level.

What will you remember the most from the 2022 season?
What I’ll remember most about the 2022 season is the history we made. It’ll be a long time before anyone does what we've accomplished.

Have you heard from any colleges about playing at the next level, and would you name some of those colleges?
I have received some interest, but I won’t name any specifically. But I am extremely grateful to any program that will bless me with the opportunity to further my education and do what I love at a high level.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with Keshaun Thomas Quarterback Mason County High School (KY)

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:37 pm Name Keshaun Thomas

School Mason County

Class 2024

Positions played Quarterback

In your opinion, who was the best team Mason County faced during the 2022 season, and what made them the best?
I think Bardstown was the best team we played all year. All year, we had better athletes than everyone we played, but when it came time to play them, we knew that they had some guys that could play and were just as athletic as our guys.

Staying with the best theme, who was the best player, in your opinion, that the Royals faced and which team did he play for?
I think the best player we played all year was Tyty Williams from Bardstown. He’s extremely athletic and a playmaker.

What goals had you set for yourself entering the 2022 season, and did you achieve those goals?
Coming into the ‘22 season, I knew I needed to become a better leader, take better care of the ball, and just be a better student of the game. I do believe I achieved my goals for myself. I trust my abilities, and the last two goals go hand in hand. Being a good student of the game allows you to minimize the mistakes you make as a quarterback.

After two A-day practices were complete, what were the biggest goals you had set for the team, and did you guys achieve those goals?
Coming into the season, I really thought we had a great shot at an undefeated regular season. In order to do that, we had to win our district, and we did that. Another goal I had was to be a state champion.
We achieved all of these goals except for state championships. But we made history, and the guys on that team will forever be remembered amongst the greatest players and teams to ever put on a Mason County uniform.

What was the biggest win you guys had, along with the loss that hurt the most?
I think the biggest win of our season was the regional championship against Greenup. We had to overcome some adversity to win that game, and that region championship win really opened some eyes for the people outside of our program. The loss that hurt the most was our only one of the season. For me, it hurt the most because I knew that we were a championship-caliber team, and to get that close but not make it to where you really wanted to be sucked. I also felt bad for those seniors who needed the exposure that the state championship provided so that they could go chase their dreams.

What will you miss most about the Class of 2023?
All of the guys in the class of 2023 are my friends. I’ve spent the night with some of those guys plenty of times, and a lot of them are like family to me. I made a lot of memories with those guys, not just on the football field.

Looking back at only the road games from last season, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most? Explain.
My favorite place we played was definitely Fleming. Nothing beats a rivalry game when everyone wants to see you fail, and then you go out and make a statement. I like the hostility that environment brings; it really brings out the competitiveness in me.

What did you learn the most about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use this season to become a better player?
What I learned the most about myself is that I am capable of being a good quarterback. I just need to keep working and build off of what I did this past season as I try to gain some offers to play at the next level.

What will you remember the most from the 2022 season?
What I’ll remember most about the 2022 season is the history we made. It’ll be a long time before anyone does what we've accomplished.

Have you heard from any colleges about playing at the next level, and would you name some of those colleges?
I have received some interest, but I won’t name any specifically. But I am extremely grateful to any program that will bless me with the opportunity to further my education and do what I love at a high level.
What I really liked about Keshaun's interview was the fact that he himself feels as if their are a lot of things that he can do to become a better leader for his team. Even though the team had an outstanding season, he and the team were still very disappointed that they were denied that State Championship. Good interview as always.

mustard
JV Team

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with Keshaun Thomas Quarterback Mason County High School (KY)

Post by mustard »

Is he being recruited for the big schools?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

He did not say.

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

mustard wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:16 am Is he being recruited for the big schools?
Morehead.

Return to “Football”