Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

RBH23
S

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Post by RBH23 »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:26 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:45 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:36 am

One would think Coach Pendleton would have a top
notch resume.
Here’s the prior coaches background. Tell me how well Pendleton stacks up against this.

https://www.fox19.com/2019/12/19/moelle ... utType=amp
I’ll also add that the new name that is percolating as the impending Moeller hire has the following body of work:

• current head coach of a Catholic school in KY
• former DC at Tiffin University
• former DC at Denison
• former Strength and Conditioning coach at Denison (as well as Lindsey Wilson)
• GA at Western Kentucky

So, it’s more in line with the idea of deep resume than the coach who has only been the head man at one school (a small public) is.
That is definitely more inline…

Also, he probably grew up in Cincy and went to a GCL school.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:56 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:44 am

I’ll try to find out why he wasn’t a finalist.

As for my thoughts on why he made not have made the cut:
- More to do with the other applicants. Could be some serious competition for this position.
- Pendleton has had a lot of success but at a small school. Ironton has mostly played far inferior schools during Pendleton’s tenure. Moeller doesn’t play many cupcakes. So the school might want someone with experience playing a tougher schedule game after game…
- Location: connections to the Cincy catholic feeder schools is extremely important. Pendleton obviously has none of those connections.
- Name recognition in general to attract kids from all schools. The ex coach was previously the head coach of Eastern Kentucky. That’s far more impressive than saying “I was head count of Ironton” which most kids and families in the Cincy area have never heard of.
- Finally, is Pendleton catholic? That by itself could be a problem with getting the job. These GCL schools and fans take that very seriously.

Again, just my two cents but will try to find out the truth.
Just call Frank Russo if you want the facts since he’s the main man there lol. Coach Pendleton is staying at Ironton, that’s all that matters to us Fighting Tiger fans 😁
Before I do ask, want to clarify your message:

Are you saying that Frank Russo offered Pendleton the job? I want to be clear on what you are saying before I ask.
Read it again slowly, I said call Frank Russo if you want the facts, since he’s the head man, go straight to the man, unless you’re saying he’s your Moeller contact, is that what you’re saying? Please clarify!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:01 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 am

Just call Frank Russo if you want the facts since he’s the main man there lol. Coach Pendleton is staying at Ironton, that’s all that matters to us Fighting Tiger fans 😁

Are you saying that Frank Russo offered Pendleton the job? I want to be clear on what you are saying before I ask.
Read it again slowly, I said call Frank Russo if you want the facts, since he’s the head man, go straight to the man, unless you’re saying he’s your Moeller contact, is that what you’re saying? Please clarify!!
Way to dodge that. So “no”, you never saw an offer or was told about any offer from Moeller.

I’ve already reached out and got the answer.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:14 am

Way to dodge that. So “no”, you never saw an offer or was told about any offer from Moeller.

Since he’s clearly not getting this job do you think he will keep looking so he can avoid getting choked again?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Yes, he absolutely was offered the job, I know exactly how much the offer was too.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:10 am

Yes, he absolutely was offered the job, I know exactly how much the offer was too.
You may want to share that with those at Moeller that make these decisions. They disagree with you.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:20 am

Since he’s clearly not getting this job do you think he will keep looking so he can avoid getting choked again?
Somone beat up Coach Pen? I bet it was some booster from Cincy who got mad about being rebuffed.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:15 am

You may want to share that with those at Moeller that make these decisions. They disagree with you.
“The rise and fall of Trevon Pendleton”, from
local college hero to high school zero.

By RB23

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:26 am

By RB23
What on earth are you talking about? Just because I said he didn’t get the Moeller job means I’m calling Pendleton a “zero”?

“Hyperbole: How to overreact and respond negatively to truth and differing opinions”
By Ironton Fans

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:45 am

By RB23
What on earth are you talking about? Just because I said he didn’t get the Moeller job means I’m calling Pendleton a “zero”?

“Hyperbole: How to overreact and respond negatively to truth and differing opinions”
By Ironton Fans
You literally bash the guy at every turn. Who gives a 💩 about Moeller .

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:55 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:45 am

By RB23

By Ironton Fans
You literally bash the guy at every turn. Who gives a 💩 about Moeller .
Bash him? Look back through this thread. I actually praised him for the Ironton turnaround. Even said that one day he may be a great coach. That’s what you call “bashing”?

As for “who gives a 💩 about Moeller, the Moeller job is what basically lead to this entire thread. 🤦‍♂️

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:11 am
Prime Time wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:28 am OVC is a very weak conference from top to bottom. Div 5 mostly maybe a Div 6 or a Div 4. South Point, Coal Grove, Fairland Chesapeake, Rock Hill then throw in Portsmouth and Gallia Academy. Ashland Ky was dropped off after beating the Tigers.Raceland and Russell Ky gives them all they can handle,Other than Portsmouth in Southern Ohio , no really big threats. Kirkland , Massillon Jvs , and he got Moeller to come to Ironton. Moeller won, Kirkland owns Ironton and Massillon JVs will show up
So Ironton is playing the Massillon JV team? That won’t count for playoff points. Why play a JV team?
It's Ironton's jv playing Massillon's jv, they played this past season.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

This is pretty simple. Once Moeller announces the Penthouse hiring. Ironton needs to call Duck and sign him before he gets hired by Federal Hocking.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:41 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:45 am

Here’s the prior coaches background. Tell me how well Pendleton stacks up against this.

https://www.fox19.com/2019/12/19/moelle ... utType=amp
I’ll also add that the new name that is percolating as the impending Moeller hire has the following body of work:

• former DC at Denison
• GA at Western Kentucky

So, it’s more in line with the idea of deep resume than the coach who has only been the head man at one school (a small public) is.

Moeller has since hired this man to be their coach.

Surprised to learn he was the second choice after the local D5 football coach of a program that bears no similarity to Moeller, though.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Soooooo

Penthouse is gonna be a coordinator at Moeller? I bet they dont let him run that tired old Ironton offense in town.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:47 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:41 am

• former DC at Denison
• GA at Western Kentucky

Moeller has since hired this man to be their coach.

Surprised to learn he was the second choice after the local D5 football coach of a program that bears no similarity to Moeller, though.
😂😂😂

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Bert Bathiany from Lexington Catholic.New MoellerHead Coach.

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

OK. So maybe its true that "Penthouse" was never rally "IN PLAY" to be the head coach. But if you think we would pass on getting a guy like him as the OC or DC you are crazy.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Send him up the river to watch Eastern. They play tougher than them Tiggers.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Girevik
Waterboy

Post by Girevik »

Where’s that one guy that keeps bragging about Ironton winning regional titles compared to Burg winning the state championship? Someone might want to check on him.

Come to Ukraine! We Train!

Return to “Football”