Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Post by irontonwizard »

Lets Go Big Moe! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:15 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:32 am School like Moeller ain’t offering anything unless they already know the answer.

Nobody here doubting there was interest from Moeller. But interest from Moeller vs. turning down an actual offer from Moeller are two very different things.*
You arent exactly accurate here. We develop a short list of coaches we like. From this area there were 2. We offered the better coach and we are now putting together a package to trump the one offered by his school.
Wow! I’ll believe it when it’s legit.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhe

Post by irontonwizard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:41 am
eagle25 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:33 am
RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:47 pm

LOL!!!
Same. Said they didn’t even advertise the position until he decided if he wanted it or not. So, did he turn them down before he met with the Ironton board, or after?
Bingo, they offered it to him before they advertised it. Some people on here (the haters) think they know it all lol.
If this true, no matter how much I Love the Tigers, he is an idiot to decline it. He is young and taking the Moeller job is the next step up for someone young and not sure why he wouldn’t want it? Unless it’s just too much for him. Glad he is staying

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

Who says he wont ultimately accept. These things take time. If ironton is smart, they are already developing their short list.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

irontonwizard wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:05 pm
eagle25 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:33 am

Same. Said they didn’t even advertise the position until he decided if he wanted it or not. So, did he turn them down before he met with the Ironton board, or after?
Bingo, they offered it to him before they advertised it. Some people on here (the haters) think they know it all lol.
If this true, no matter how much I Love the Tigers, he is an idiot to decline it. He is young and taking the Moeller job is the next step up for someone young and not sure why he wouldn’t want it? Unless it’s just too much for him. Glad he is staying
Why didn’t he take the job? Because it was never offered to him! He wasn’t even a finalist.

Amazing how many Ironton fans are believing the lie that he was offered and turned it down.

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

See post above yours. Takes time to negotiate a deal. Nothing either way is carved out in granite right now. But as i stated before. If I was Ironton, i would have an idea of where we go next. I know for a fact that we are going to do everything we can to entice him.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:35 pm

Why didn’t he take the job? Because it was never offered to him! He wasn’t even a finalist.

Amazing how many Ironton fans are believing the lie that he was offered and turned it down.
What’s funny is how much you think you know. I can tell you how much $$$$$$ they offered him before they advertised it.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:09 am

What’s funny is how much you think you know. I can tell you how much $$$$$$ they offered him before they advertised it.
Are you saying they offered him the job? Forget about the pay, just did they interview him, and did they offer?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Didn’t have to.They know him.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Maybe if he has visions of coaching in college,the move Might help him.If not,Ironton will be competitive with Moe in the near future.Why leave? 8-)

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:47 am Maybe if he has visions of coaching in college,the move Might help him.If not,Ironton will be competitive with Moe in the near future.Why leave? 8-)
The connections that Pendleton made having already played D1 would go a lot farther toward that kind of move than coaching at any HS.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

To even be considered if true is a huge accomplishment That someone from a small school was mentioned for a division 1 school. I believe he’s from west portsmouth and family is here so prob likes it here. I’m sure the list was pretty big with potential candidates and them playing moeller and having them come down for the gridiron classic I’m sure there’s a relationship being built with the former coach.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

He never made the finalist list. Anything you think you know is an absolute lie.

He was interviewed but didn’t make the cut; this according to those at Moeller who would know.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:41 am

Are you saying they offered him the job? Forget about the pay, just did they interview him, and did they offer?
Moeller interviewed him, he was not offered the job.

All of these Ironton folks stating “the ex coach liked him so they just offered it to him before interviewing other candidates” have no idea how Moeller works. This would never happen.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Well after combing through everyone's posts..I have formulated my own opinion on the matter..

1. He was considered
2. Moeller and coach p had some sort of talks. might of been an interview...might of been just a phone conversation
3. during the talk, he asked what pay and benefits would be
4. he never was called back for any other interview
5. he told ironton he was getting looked at by moeller and used that to get more money

but according to yappi, hes still in the mix,. so what do i know :lol:

i will say that moeller is a step up the ladder, so if they offer, hes taking it

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:02 pm Well after combing through everyone's posts..I have formulated my own opinion on the matter..

1. He was considered
2. Moeller and coach p had some sort of talks. might of been an interview...might of been just a phone conversation
5. he told ironton he was getting looked at by moeller and used that to get more money

i will say that moeller is a step up the ladder, so if they offer, hes taking it
Your five points are close.

As for being in the mix, yappi might think so, but Moeller does not.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

mustard wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:41 am

Yes, they offered him the job before they advertised it. Coach Pendleton and the Moeller staff have been close the last few years, they’ve seen what he can do whether anyone on here wants to give him credit or not, Moeller likes what they’ve seen out of him and offered him the job.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:47 am Maybe if he has visions of coaching in college,the move Might help him.If not,Ironton will be competitive with Moe in the near future.Why leave? 8-)
Bingo

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

mustard wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:02 pm Well after combing through everyone's posts..I have formulated my own opinion on the matter..

1. He was considered

Truest post I have read so far

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

RBH23 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:22 pm

1. He was considered

Your five points are close.

As for being in the mix, yappi might think so, but Moeller does not.
You think, but you dont know.

RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

nothing but a bunch of dumb ass on this site, you all would love to have him at your schools. do you complain when you get a raise at your work? i'm sure you do what ever you need to do to get a raise so why should Coach be any different. you all keep on crying and talk about things not a one of you know what your talking about and we will continue winning and making that trip to Canton as many times as we can. while you all are sitting home.

Return to “Football”