Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

mustard
JV Team

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Post by mustard »

transplant wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:45 am Just curious, but have any of you claiming to know what is going on actually talked to Coach Pendleton himself personally? Or is all this just hearsay and rumors and wishful thinking?
:lol:

none of them have

ironton fans want to gloat how great he is by saying he was "offered" yeah ok

and non ironton fans want him to go or say hes a bum because he didnt get the job :lol:

I personally think he would be great at a private school, he wouldnt be scrutinized for his open recruiting.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:02 am
transplant wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:45 am Just curious, but have any of you claiming to know what is going on actually talked to Coach Pendleton himself personally? Or is all this just hearsay and rumors and wishful thinking?

none of them have

and non ironton fans want him to go or say hes a bum because he didnt get the job :lol:

I personally think he would be great at a private school, he wouldnt be scrutinized for his open recruiting.
Exactly , his pedigree and contacts would be huge

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:44 am
gobucs20 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:20 pm Why wouldn't they offer him. Look at his success at Ironton. No he hasn't won the state yet but it's almost unheard of that any Southeastern Ohio team does. He knows how to bring in players and sell his program. And he is very young. And the kids seem to relate to him.
I’ll try to find out why he wasn’t a finalist.

As for my thoughts on why he made not have made the cut:
- More to do with the other applicants. Could be some serious competition for this position.
- Pendleton has had a lot of success but at a small school. Ironton has mostly played far inferior schools during Pendleton’s tenure. Moeller doesn’t play many cupcakes. So the school might want someone with experience playing a tougher schedule game after game…
- Location: connections to the Cincy catholic feeder schools is extremely important. Pendleton obviously has none of those connections.
- Name recognition in general to attract kids from all schools. The ex coach was previously the head coach of Eastern Kentucky. That’s far more impressive than saying “I was head count of Ironton” which most kids and families in the Cincy area have never heard of.
- Finally, is Pendleton catholic? That by itself could be a problem with getting the job. These GCL schools and fans take that very seriously.

Again, just my two cents but will try to find out the truth.
Just call Frank Russo if you want the facts since he’s the main man there lol. Coach Pendleton is staying at Ironton, that’s all that matters to us Fighting Tiger fans 😁
Before I do ask, want to clarify your message:

Are you saying that Frank Russo offered Pendleton the job? I want to be clear on what you are saying before I ask.
Last edited by RBH23 on Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

osu 77 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:52 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:24 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:45 am

Here’s the prior coaches background. Tell me how well Pendleton stacks up against this.

https://www.fox19.com/2019/12/19/moelle ... utType=amp
Trevon Pendleton
- 4 year letter winner at Michigan State
-3 year starter at fullback
- rose bowl champion
- invited to camp for the Baltimore Ravens
-I don’t know record at Ironton I’ll guess 65-7
-took D5 Ironton to 3 state championship appearances and 3 regional championships
-I would bet he could get a letter of endorsement form Mark Dantonio and others
-I would guess his connections and contacts in the college football world would be an impressive list

Don’t act like Coach Pendleton couldn’t stack a resume together.
After reading all this stuff written by RBH23 I wonder why he/she is so jealous!
Not jealous at all. Just trying to bring truth and reality to this topic.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:58 am

Trevon Pendleton
- rose bowl champion
-took D5 Ironton to 3 state championship appearances and 3 regional championships
-I would guess his connections and contacts in the college football world would be an impressive list

After reading all this stuff written by RBH23 I wonder why he/she is so jealous!

Are you obsessed with all things Trevon Pendleton?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

I’ve contacted people at Moeller, but according to these Ironton fans, Moeller knows less than they do.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:59 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:58 am

Are you obsessed with all things Trevon Pendleton?
No. Saw this topic and started reading it. Then reached out to my friends at Moeller to see what was legit.

Now I’m just arguing against lies and half truths.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:09 am

none of them have

In Cincinnati? No, he doesn’t have the contacts in this area.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:02 pm

none of them have

I heard he got beat up by the Coal Grove coach. Any truth to that? Just thinking maybe that’s why he’s trying to get out of the area if true.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

none of them have

Yeah ok

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:57 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:49 am

Trevon Pendleton
- rose bowl champion

None of that says he can successfully run a program like Moeller. Not saying he hasn’t done well, but he has no experience at this level.
How does one get experience at a program like Moeller unless given a chance? Just curious.
How does one get the experience?

The prior coach worked his way up the coaching food chain in college and had 20 years of experience before taking over Moeller.

It comes down to working up the ranks at different levels while being exposed to a program the size of Moeller or even bigger.

These large GCL schools are almost like college programs with regards to recruiting, dealing with alumni, travel, etc. These are not your typical high school coaching jobs. Even Wheelersburg and Ironton, both excellent programs, are not in the same stratosphere.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:12 pm

Yeah ok
Why do you think he would? Most people in Cincinnati don’t know anything about Ironton, let alone their football coach.

The only town in SEO that people here are familiar with is Portsmouth. And why is that? Because when the local news shows the weather report across the state, Portsmouth is the town listed in that area.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:15 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:12 pm

Yeah ok
Why do you think he would? Most people in Cincinnati don’t know anything about Ironton, let alone their football coach.

The only town in SEO that people here are familiar with is Portsmouth. And why is that? Because when the local news shows the weather report across the state, Portsmouth is the town listed in that area.
Ironton isn’t Pendleton’s only life , the guy played what 4-5 years at a successful big 10 football school, probably played with how many professional players and I’ll bet his contacts have d1 football people all around Ohio if not the country. You’re telling me his network of football contacts is just in Ironton Ohio ?

Do you really believe that ?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:13 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:49 am

None of that says he can successfully run a program like Moeller. Not saying he hasn’t done well, but he has no experience at this level.
How does one get experience at a program like Moeller unless given a chance? Just curious.

The prior coach worked his way up the coaching food chain in college and had 20 years of experience before taking over Moeller.

It comes down to working up the ranks at different levels while being exposed to a program the size of Moeller or even bigger.

These large GCL schools are almost like college programs with regards to recruiting, dealing with alumni, travel, etc. These are not your typical high school coaching jobs. Even Wheelersburg and Ironton, both excellent programs, are not in the same stratosphere.
I agree with wheelersburg . You saying that Pendleton who lived the life of a big 10 football player for 4 years , played in every big game a midwestern boy can play in, would be star struck at Moeller High school ?

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:23 pm

I agree with wheelersburg . You saying that Pendleton who lived the life of a big 10 football player for 4 years , played in every big game a midwestern boy can play in, would be star struck at Moeller High school ?
Is he really leaving because of the Coal Grove coach? Can anyone confirm this?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:27 pm

I can’t confirm that , RB probably can as he studies all things Pendleton.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:29 pm
Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:27 pm

I can’t confirm that , RB probably can as he studies all things Pendleton.
Okay, hopefully he’ll fill us in.

RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

Coach Pendleton isn't going anywhere because you Jealous Ironton Haters wouldn't have anyone to talk about . all the garbage on this site from people who obesely have no life but to bash a person that has got more kids scholarships in five years than what ever school you are from. brought more business to the local restaurants and hotels, done more for the kids at Ironton and more than this community than all of you put together. That's why kid in the area that wants to come Ironton play for a winning team, have the opportunity to be seen by many collage coaches. I hope he stay at Ironton for many years and I hope any kid that wants a better high school experience come to Ironton. and when they do ask you self why? instead of bashings success.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

in all of my short years of reading and being on chat boards ive never seen a bunch of coach suck ups fans than i have from ironton.

you'd think this guy won the souper bowl. :lol:

hes worthy of moeller but hes happy at irotnon..
the kids love him..
he has a bazillion contacts...
he played college ball...

did he split the atom? :lol:

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

What high school did he graduate from! Did he ever play a game himself in Ironton! I would think he would return to his alma mater! Ironton has 0 state titles, everything else is playing for seconds,third etc. No trophys! I would think Moeller would say thanks but no thanks. Be the Big Fish in a little pond! Ashland seems be be the big Fish in tri state area anyways. I would even go as far as saying Portsmouth has the better name recognition state wide.

Return to “Football”