Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Post by irontonwizard »

Ironton had a school board meeting this evening and from what I have gathered Pendleton is staying here. Let’s Go Tigers! Way to get this done Ironton school board and superintendent. Hopefully this will rest any rumors of him leaving for awhile. Go Tigers!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

irontonwizard wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:55 pm Ironton had a school board meeting this evening and from what I have gathered Pendleton is staying here. Let’s Go Tigers! Way to get this done Ironton school board and superintendent. Hopefully this will rest any rumors of him leaving for awhile. Go Tigers!
Yes, everything went well at the Board meeting. He’s now the paid full time AD. The Board knew the importance of keeping him around for the kids and everything he’s done. Great job to the Ironton School Board.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:45 am
irontonwizard wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:55 pm Ironton had a school board meeting this evening and from what I have gathered Pendleton is staying here. Let’s Go Tigers! Way to get this done Ironton school board and superintendent. Hopefully this will rest any rumors of him leaving for awhile. Go Tigers!
Yes, everything went well at the Board meeting. He’s now the paid full time AD. The Board knew the importance of keeping him around for the kids and everything he’s done. Great job to the Ironton School Board.
Right on brother. Good to see you there last night.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

I was told by a reliable source that Wheelersburg fans are rejoicing as well. They know as long as Pendleton is there they always have a good chance of out coaching and beating Ironton. Word on the street is some Wheelersburg boosters might have thrown in the pot to keep him there. I know nothing other than what I was told by the source.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Wheelersburg my need to cut that celebration short. Mueller beckons.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

meatswinger wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:16 pm Wheelersburg my need to cut that celebration short. Mueller beckons.
Pendleton is not going anywhere. People are just speculating that Moeller is interested because no one has been able to prove it. If any of this was true I think him or people close to him would put it out there. Go Tigers

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Nah. He ain’t gonna let anyone know whether stay or go. Just being in the mix at moeller makes him a strong candidate somewhere else. He ain’t gonna scare anyone else off coming after him by coming out and sayin he’s staying put. He’s going to hear offers if he wants to move up the ladder

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:30 pm Nah. He ain’t gonna let anyone know whether stay or go. Just being in the mix at moeller makes him a strong candidate somewhere else. He ain’t gonna scare anyone else off coming after him by coming out and sayin he’s staying put. He’s going to hear offers if he wants to move up the ladder
Is he really in the mix for Moeller? From what I’ve heard, Moeller is considering coaches of bigger schools and better pedigree than Pendleton.

Ironton’s program may be the big dog in southeastern Ohio, but D1 football in Cincy is a different planet, and Moeller football is in a different universe.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:44 pm
mustard wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:30 pm Nah. He ain’t gonna let anyone know whether stay or go. Just being in the mix at moeller makes him a strong candidate somewhere else. He ain’t gonna scare anyone else off coming after him by coming out and sayin he’s staying put. He’s going to hear offers if he wants to move up the ladder
Is he really in the mix for Moeller? From what I’ve heard, Moeller is considering coaches of bigger schools and better pedigree than Pendleton.

Ironton’s program may be the big dog in southeastern Ohio, but D1 football in Cincy is a different planet, and Moeller football is in a different universe.
Yes, Moeller wanted him, that’s why the Ironton Board meeting was so important, making his AD job a full time job was a key matter. He’ll be at Ironton for quite some time after the results of the meeting.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:39 pm

Yes, Moeller wanted him, that’s why the Ironton Board meeting was so important, making his AD job a full time job was a key matter. He’ll be at Ironton for quite some time after the results of the meeting.
So you're sayin they offered him or interviewed him? if they offered and he turned them down, bad move on his part if he wanted to move up in coaching. because im sure moeller would pay about the same and the only thing he would have to do is coach, not coach and AD

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'm confused because I thought he was the full time AD this entire time. He wasn't teaching, so what was he labeled as?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:36 am I'm confused because I thought he was the full time AD this entire time. He wasn't teaching, so what was he labeled as?
Probably just getting supplement pay, which is what most all of the schools do. This is probably a year around salary.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

wobycat wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:40 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:36 am I'm confused because I thought he was the full time AD this entire time. He wasn't teaching, so what was he labeled as?
Probably just getting supplement pay, which is what most all of the schools do. This is probably a year around salary.
thats what i was thinking but i think moeller probably has similar pay but he would only be coaching. Ironton is trying to sweeten the pot to keep him which would make sense

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

until his teams can show proof of better play calling and discipline, hes not getting a big time D1 job. He has a better chance of an assistant job at a mid major college.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Be careful now , they get butt hurt when people say he not ready for big time college because he's proven in a couple years how great he is ,some had him up for the Texans job in the NFL.

Only thing he accomplished here is making the Irontanians think the sky was falling to get more $$$ from them 😂😂

RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

I have never seen so many jealous idiots than the one's making these stupid comments. name another coach that has won as many games as coach or how many coaches have made it to state finals three times in the last year? we are very proud of our coach and more proud of the kids that got college Scholarships with the coaches help.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

RRX.2020 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:03 am I have never seen so many jealous idiots than the one's making these stupid comments. name another coach that has won as many games as coach or how many coaches have made it to state finals three times in the last year? we are very proud of our coach and more proud of the kids that got college Scholarships with the coaches help.
:lol: name one coach that's had more incoming talent than he's gotten. he's perfect for moeller

the public schools can't take it around here, johnny going from south point to ironton gets a lot of people butt hurt :lol:

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

RRX.2020 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:03 am I have never seen so many jealous idiots than the one's making these stupid comments. name another coach that has won as many games as coach or how many coaches have made it to state finals three times in the last year? we are very proud of our coach and more proud of the kids that got college Scholarships with the coaches help.
I agree 100 percent.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:00 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:39 pm

So you're sayin they offered him or interviewed him? if they offered and he turned them down, bad move on his part if he wanted to move up in coaching. because im sure moeller would pay about the same and the only thing he would have to do is coach, not coach and AD
What I got from my friends connected with Moeller:

He was interviewed, as others were as well. Not sure if he made the second cut. More will be known by end of next week.

Given that he got a deal from Ironton, I would assume that either a) he didn’t make the cut, or b) he decided he didn’t want the job and preferred to stay at Ironton.

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

mustard wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:14 am
:lol: name one coach that's had more incoming talent than he's gotten. he's perfect for moeller

the public schools can't take it around here, johnny going from south point to ironton gets a lot of people butt hurt :lol:
We think so Too. That board meeting was smart. He increased his leverage. But we know how to ante up to get what we want.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680

Return to “Football”