LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season interview with Marsean Bowles DB/WREC Columbus East

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Marsean Bowles

School: East High School (Columbus)

Class: 2025

Positions played: Wr, Db.

What goals had you set for yourself before the 2022 season started, and did you accomplish those goals?
The goals I set were to do my best and give 100 percent effort all season. Yes, I feel like I accomplished my goals.

After the team had finished up with two practices a day, what goals had you set for the team, and did the team accomplish those goals?
The team goals we set were to always have resilience and give it all; we accomplished those goals.

Who was the best team that the East Tigers faced during the 2022 season, and what made this team so good?
I felt there was no "best team." All the teams we played gave us a challenge; we had to change the game plan for most teams, so they all did well.

Who was the best player that East faced in 2022, and which team did he play for?
I feel like it takes a whole team to secure a victory, so therefore the whole team would be considered the best instead of just one person.

How thrilling was it to host not one, but two playoff games and win both?
It felt amazing to change history with my brothers. We were able to demonstrate to the community and the city how fantastic Columbus schools and sports can be.

What did you learn about yourself during the season that you will use to make yourself a better player this coming season?
I learned not to overthink things and not to be afraid of not catching a pick or dropping an open pass because everyone makes mistakes and you just have to go to the next play.

What was the biggest win you guys had, along with the loss that hurt the most in 2022?
The biggest win we had was against Cambridge when we blocked a field goal and scored in overtime for the game-winning touchdown. The loss that hurt the most was against Steubenville.

What will you miss most about the Class of 2023?
I will mostly miss our seniors; they were not just our captains; they were our big brothers, our mentors, and our leaders.

Looking back at only the road games from last season, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most? Explain.
I enjoyed playing at the Quaker stadium. The turf was different, something I had never experienced.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region qualifying for the playoffs?
My thoughts are that those teams should not be overlooked; they fought to make it to the Sweet 16, so they are hungry and will not go down without a fight.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with Marsean Bowles DB/WREC Columbus East

Post by VetteMan »

I know very little about most of the City League schools. If East was competitive against Cambridge and Steubenville, they must have been a pretty good team. Good interview.

Return to “Football”