LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season interview with QB Colin Pearson from Dalton High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name :Colin Pearson

School: Dalton

Class: 2024

Positions played: QB

Heading into the 2022 season, what were the biggest goals you had set for yourself?
My biggest goals were to become the starter and lead the team to another WCAL championship.

After you guys had completed two days, what were the biggest goals you had set for your team and did they achieve those goals?
Winning our league was something we knew would be tough, being so young and going against tough opponents the whole season.

What are you going to miss the most about your teammates who will graduate this year?
The friendship and bonds we have built on the field and even off the field

What was the high and low point of the 2022 season?
Our low point was losing to Hillsdale and being counted out of the league, while our high point was beating our rivals 41-16 in week 9, paving the way for us to split the WCAL Championship.

What are your thoughts on online ticket sales? Has it hurt or helped attendance?
I’m not sure Dalton always brings the best fans, and they are always supportive no matter what.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
It gives us more time together as a team, so I do like that, but no offense, it’s boring beating teams by 50, and it’s easy to slip into bad habits.

Who was the best team Dalton faced in 2022?
In the regional semifinals, Kirtland was very physical and tough. It was an eye-opener and showed us what we needed to do if we wanted to compete for a state championship.

Just looking at the road games you guys played in 2002, where was your favorite place to play? Explain.
East Canton was my favorite away-game stadium. a nice stadium and a fun atmosphere

Who was the best player Dalton faced last season, and which team did he play for?
It would have been Garaways' QB, Logan Yoder, he could make almost every throw on the field and was very smart with what he did.

Have you heard from any colleges about playing at the next level? Can you name any of them?
Yes, me and Otterbein's QB coach have been in contact, and I had a phone call with a coach from Saint Mary of the Woods, and the OC and QB coach at Calumet have been texting.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with QB Colin Pearson from Dalton High School

Post by VetteMan »

Not really a surprise to hear Colin say that Kirtland was the best team that Dalton had faced during the season. Most of the teams on Kirtland's schedule would probably say the same thing. Even though it's probably not going to change, I still think that online tickets are still a pain in the rear. Good interview as always.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with QB Colin Pearson from Dalton High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I agree online tickets sales are a pain.

Return to “Football”