2023 Post-season interview with OL/DL/TE Ashton Allman from Vinton County

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-season interview with OL/DL/TE Ashton Allman from Vinton County

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Ashton Allman

School: Vinton County High School

Positions played: TE, OL, DL

What were your top three goals for yourself entering the 2022 season, and did you achieve those goals?

My top 3 goals for myself entering the 2022 season were to be a better leader for my teammates, be stronger mentally than last year, and be an all-TVC athlete. I truly believe that I achieved being a better leader and my mental strength. However, I fell short of getting the TVC award, but I have a good feeling for it in the 2023 season!

After the team had completed two days, what was the biggest goal you had set for them, and did they achieve that goal?

The biggest goal we had after two days was to be TVC champions, and unfortunately, we took a one-point loss in the championship game.

Which road stadium did you enjoy playing at the most during the 2022 season? Explain.
The best away stadium we played at in the 2022 season was Warren’s. The stadium and facilities were amazing. What made it most memorable, however, was the beautiful sunset and sky when we were playing.

What did you learn about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use this season to become a more dominant player?
During the 2022 season, I realized that hard work does wonders. All of the extra drills I did during the preseason and season made me a much better player. I can use this work ethic and drive to make me the best and most dominant player I can be going into the 2023 season.

Who was the best player that Vinton County faced last season?

The best player I think we played against last season was in our playoff game. His name was Taizaun Burns, #2, from Columbus East High School. He was something special. Just when you think you could tackle him, or have an angle on him he would take a sharp angle or spin move and you would lose him. I believe he was probably the best player we played against in 2022.

Who was the best team that Vinton County faced last season?
The best team we played against in the 2022 season was again the team we played in the playoffs, Columbus East. Having so many amazing athletes, it was incredibly challenging to play at their caliber the whole game.

What will you miss the most about the 2022 class?
I think the thing I will miss most about the 2022 class is not only the main leaders of the team, but I will truly miss the guys who didn’t get the spotlight. The guys I had to line up against head-to-head every practice Those guys the people didn’t see play were some of the best workers and most competitive brothers I know, and I get to call them family.

During the 2022 year, which of the three positions that you played was the hardest and which did you enjoy the most?
During the 2022 season, out of the 3 positions I played, the one that was the hardest for me was OL because I always faced the strongest and most gritty opponents. However, the position I enjoyed the most was TE because I got the best of both worlds. Getting to battle in the trenches and getting to go out for a pass to get a catch and help the team made it the most enjoyable for me.

What were the high and low points of the season?
One of the highs our team faced was making it to the playoffs for the second year in a row and having an opportunity to win. However, a very large blow was the one-point loss in the TVC championship to Nelsonville; that loss cut deep into our team, especially our seniors.

Have you heard from any teams about playing at the college level? Could you name any of those teams?
I have received many messages from colleges asking about me and looking at me. Some of these schools are Marshall, Toledo, Campbell, Ashland, Western Michigan, Virginia Tech, Air Force, and Penn. My dream is to play at the next level, and through hard work and dedication, I believe I can achieve this goal.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-season interview with OL/DL/TE Ashton Allman from Vinton County

Post by VetteMan »

I believe that Ashton most certainly has the right idea about working harder and proving to his teammates just how much of a leader that he can be. Every team has injuries throughout the season, but I really think that if the Vikings had not lost a couple key players early as well as for the entire season, I think that they would have won the TVC. Good interview as usual.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Post-season interview with OL/DL/TE Ashton Allman from Vinton County

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Thank you. I give kudos to the Vinton County players and coach for agreeing to allow me to interview them.

Return to “Football”