2023 Post-season interview with FB/RB Dre Young Belfry High School (Ky)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-season interview with FB/RB Dre Young Belfry High School (Ky)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name
Dredan Young

School
Belfry High School

Positions played
Fullback and middle linebacker

First, what is it like to play for the legendary
Philip Haywood?

First of all, I would like to thank him for how he developed me as a young man and player. Second, he is one of the best coaches of all time, and it is incredible to play for him, but he is also a great friend and a great leader, and I know that he would support me in any way he could. To me, he is more than just a legendary coach; he is also a legendary friend.

Heading into the 2022 season, what were the biggest goals you had set for yourself?

first-team all-state, state MVP, and win another state championship.

After spring practice was over, what was the biggest goal you had set for the team?
Win a ninth state championship

What were the high and low points of the 2022 season?

For me, I tore my MCL and lateral meniscus during the JC game, had surgery, and missed the final few games. Nevertheless, after some physical therapy and visits to the doctor, I was back to normal, if not better. But as a team, not being able to send the seniors off with a bang was a low point for the team.

Looking back on only the away games Belfry played in 2022, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most? Explain.

Lawrence County probably enjoyed it just because it was a good game all the way through, the atmosphere was wild, and it was also a muddy game, which you don’t get very often because most teams have turf.

Who was the best player the Pirates faced in 2022?
In week 3, we played a 4QB Cutter Blitz.

Who do you think was the best team you guys faced last season?

I hate to say it, but probably Pikeville.

What did you learn about yourself in 2022 that you can use to be a better player this season?

Because I am one of the team's leaders, if I am there every day after school and during football practice, putting in the work, the younger guys will be inspired to do the same.

What will you miss most about the 2023 seniors?

Although I won't be playing football with them next year, I know that I can text or call any of them at any time, and they will be there for me. They were and always will be like brothers to me.

Can you share with the readers any colleges that have been recruiting you?

I’ve been talking to a couple of coaches from EKU, WVSU, the University of Charleston, Wayne State, Thomas More, Upike, Kentucky Wesleyan, KCU, Union, Marietta College, Georgetown, and a couple more schools.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-season interview with FB/RB Dre Young Belfry High School (Ky)

Post by VetteMan »

I'm sure that a lot of kids have their own way in showing their teammates why they are leaders on their team. Dredan seems to be the type that will show up early, and then be one of the last players to leave practice as a good example of a good leader. Shows a lot of determination in being able to come back from that type of an injury. If he can remain fairly healthy, there seems to be plenty of interest from quite a few different schools. As always, good interview.

Return to “Football”