Former Wellston and Ohio Football Star Brad Young RIP

countywide35
SEOP

Former Wellston and Ohio Football Star Brad Young RIP

Post by countywide35 »

former wellston standout TB and Ohio University FB in Frank Solich option attack.

unfortunately lost his life today in a accident at happening at work.

Mr. a young started at Wellston as their premier RB in
Larry blackstones FB trap heavy offense as a true freshman in 1998 making a 4yr starting high school player 1998,1999,2000,2001

he then went onto not only play for Frank Solichs Ohio Bobcat Brad went to start in the backfield of OUs option attack offense.

brad sure did have the natural ability to pure athlete and true second nature RB.

RIP Brad Young. you was a darn FINE football player.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Former Wellston and Ohio Football Star Brad Young RIP

Post by VetteMan »

RIP Brad Young. You were one of the best that I had the opportunity to watch play.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

RIP Young, prayers to his family sorry for your loss.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

So sad to hear this. I will never forget when Brad scored 46 points against Nelsonville York. The Buckeyes scored 47 in one the best hs football games I have seen. He brought a lot of joy and excitement to Wellston.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Man…he was so darn great, at everything.

My last year of umpiring little league in Jackson he was on the Wellston All-Stars (along with countywide35, because my memory for things is stupid)….I swear Young was 12 years old and throwing 75 mph, it wasn’t fair.

I recall the word that he was running junior high track at Wellston and his 8th grade year broke every single Wellston Jr high individual record….100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m, long jump, high jump, shot put, discus, 110H and 200H….that’s one of the craziest things I’ve ever heard in sports. Who the hell could hold a school record in the 100 but also the 1600, the hurdles, the high jump and also the shot and disc?

I didn’t know him well but he was always polite and good to me the times we crossed paths. He went D1 in football and I sit here believing he could’ve went D1 in any sport.

Coach Jay Lucas put a wonderful tribute on FB…I recommend reading it.

RIP young man

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:40 pm Man…he was so darn great, at everything.

My last year of umpiring little league in Jackson he was on the Wellston All-Stars (along with countywide35, because my memory for things is stupid)….I swear Young was 12 years old and throwing 75 mph, it wasn’t fair.

I recall the word that he was running junior high track at Wellston and his 8th grade year broke every single Wellston Jr high individual record….100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m, long jump, high jump, shot put, discus, 110H and 200H….that’s one of the craziest things I’ve ever heard in sports. Who the hell could hold a school record in the 100 but also the 1600, the hurdles, the high jump and also the shot and disc?

I didn’t know him well but he was always polite and good to me the times we crossed paths. He went D1 in football and I sit here believing he could’ve went D1 in any sport.

RIP young man
Link to the Facebook post.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:09 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:40 pm Man…he was so darn great, at everything.

RIP young man
Link to the Facebook post.
[/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... tid=uc01c0

above is the link to a coach jay lucas post regarding #14

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Just read it. Very good write-up.
Prayers for his family and friends.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

RIP young man

he was so good at everything you are right I92. i remember like it was yesterday him being a true freshman starting in the Jackson/Wellston game and Larry Blackstones 3rd season at Wellston. his 2nd ever high school touch carrying the ball i welcomed #14 to the lights of friday night fromnintisl contact to clear under the pile up. no doubt in my mind he’s smiling down above from reading that. because to yesterday. everytime he would see me. he would bring it up ha. even to the saying i said under the pile “welcome to friday nights”. ahh man he was such a fine fine athlete.

and. when he went to OU. he just didn’t go and get his time in. he showed up in Athens and Frank Solicn (who just came from National powerhouse and National Champion under Tom Osborne at the University of Nebraka option attack) frank solich had brad in the backfield as his starting FB under solichs triple option attack. and EVERY play started with Brad. from either totinf the rock. faking. or the main lead blocker. frank solich called the plays of Ohio Universities offensive attack every play off Brad.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

One of the best football players I ever watched play in SE Ohio.

He could be a one-man wrecking ball.

Tremendously sad. Prayers to his family, friends, and all who knew Brad.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

RIP

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

Prayers to Brad’s family. He is gone way too soon.

I was teammates with Brad in 1998. I could tell during two a days this kid was special. Big , athletic and one hell of a work ethic. Anyone associated with Wellston football knew he was going to be great. He didn’t disappoint. It was an honor for me to be part of the o line and block for him. He was special and he always worked to improve. But the best thing about him is he was humble about it. That’s how I will remember him.

Forthe
Waterboy

Post by Forthe »

Praying for his family and friends to be at peace.

Love football.
house of hazards

Return to “Football”