TVC Hocking votes NO on River Valley

RVRaiderFan
All State

TVC Hocking votes NO on River Valley

Post by RVRaiderFan »

TVC Hocking has voted NO to bringing RV over from the Ohio.

I am hearing the vote was by one vote. 7-6

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC Hocking votes NO on River Valley

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

rv is d5 and belongs in the ohio with the other fives and such

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

River Valley should reach out to the SOC and try and join that conference. 3 divisions in Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball and Softball, if added may be able to add 3 in football. They would fit really well with the Middle Division. That would allow South Gallia to drop to the lower division where they should probably be anyways.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:55 am River Valley should reach out to the SOC and try and join that conference. 3 divisions in Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball and Softball, if added may be able to add 3 in football. They would fit really well with the Middle Division. That would allow South Gallia to drop to the lower division where they should probably be anyways.
Yes, please take them in the SOC. Anywhere to get them out of the TVC Ohio.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

sgtwilliamjames wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:31 am rv is d5 and belongs in the ohio with the other fives and such
Yes and we just got rid of that gawd awful trip to SG so no way we were going to let the Ohio Division to saddle us with another one. :oops:

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

If six of the ‘no’ votes are all of the Hocking division schools, for what reason is the tie-breaking vote cast by an Ohio division school?

(Presuming that South Gallia can’t vote on this since they’re leaving.)
Last edited by formerfcfan on Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:55 am River Valley should reach out to the SOC and try and join that conference. 3 divisions in Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball and Softball, if added may be able to add 3 in football. They would fit really well with the Middle Division. That would allow South Gallia to drop to the lower division where they should probably be anyways.
I have heard their name come up for the middle division of the SOC.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:31 pm If six of the ‘no’ votes are all of the Hocking division schools, for what reason is the tie-breaking vote cast by an Ohio division school?
This would affect both divisions so both rightfully get to vote on it. But it is my understanding that it takes more than just a simple majority so there was no “tie-breaking vote” in this case.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:36 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:31 pm If six of the ‘no’ votes are all of the Hocking division schools, for what reason is the tie-breaking vote cast by an Ohio division school?
This would affect both divisions so both rightfully get to vote on it. But it is my understanding that it takes more than just a simple majority so there was no “tie-breaking vote” in this case.
Gotcha.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Lol imagine being afraid of River Valley because they are a D5

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Vik wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:53 pm Lol imagine being afraid of River Valley because they are a D5
Pretty sure no one is afraid of RV. We just don’t want that drive anymore. But it’s clear that they are afraid of the TVC Ohio Division teams.

Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

Always vote NO on River Valley. Doesnt matter the issue.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

sgtwilliamjames wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:31 am rv is d5 and belongs in the ohio with the other fives and such

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

So basically the Ohio teams voted yes and the hocking teams voted no. What percentage does RV need to move?

Initially when RV was voted into the TVC, there were plans to split the Hocking into north and south divisions. That obviously fell through. I think RV would benefit the Hocking in terms of competition but I can see where they would be afraid of the size of the raiders.

I think RV best hope is to join the SOC if they split into 3 divisions. The middle division would be their best option in terms of competition and geography.

Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

They should call Athens and get their advice on the ways to cut and run

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Dundas wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:13 pm I think RV would benefit the Hocking in terms of competition
lol who would benefit from this

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:45 pm
Dundas wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:13 pm I think RV would benefit the Hocking in terms of competition
From a competition standpoint, RV is more equal to the Hocking than the Ohio. So RV would benefit and with Federal Hocking not fielding a football team, the Hocking would benefit by not having a late non conference game to fill. The Ohio would also benefit for the same reason. It’s hard to find a late non conference game that makes sense. So I guess everyone in the TVC would be a little better off if this move happened.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:28 am
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:45 pm
From a competition standpoint, RV is more equal to the Hocking than the Ohio. So RV would benefit and with Federal Hocking not fielding a football team, the Hocking would benefit by not having a late non conference game to fill. The Ohio would also benefit for the same reason. It’s hard to find a late non conference game that makes sense. So I guess everyone in the TVC would be a little better off if this move happened.
The catch here is that it could be psychologically delitirious to their program when they routinely get their assez handed to them by Trimble, Eastern, and Waterford.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

My understanding is that there was a mix of votes yes and no from the hocking and ohio divisions. I believe you have to have 10-11 votes to pass and I am sure SG didn't vote since they will be leaving.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I have heard rumors that RV is looking to the SOC now.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!

Return to “Football”