2023 Post-Season with Defensive End Eric Barnes from Madison Southern High School (Ky)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season with Defensive End Eric Barnes from Madison Southern High School (Ky)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Eric Barnes

Class: 2024

School: Madison Southern High School

Position played: Defensive End

In 2022, on which side of the ball do you feel you played the best? Explain
Defensively I played better I was given a lot of freedom in my position and that allowed me to do better.

What did you learn about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use to help become a better player this coming season?

I learned you have to have a hard-nosed mindset to be successful which will help me mold that mindset for my senior year.

What will you miss from the 2023 class?
I will miss all of the seniors as I grew up watching and playing with them, especially my brothers on the D-line

Looking back at all of the road games you played, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most? Explain.
I liked playing at Woodford; they brought good energy, and the atmosphere was great with the fans and music.

Who was the best player Madison Southern faced last season? Which team did he play for, and what made him so good?
I played against a lot of high-caliber offensive linemen this year, but Braiden Myers was the best with his size and technique; he played for Southwestern

Who was the best team you guys faced last season, and what made them so good?
Woodford was the best team we played last year; they had so many athletes and such a well-rounded team, and the best offensive line I played.

What were the biggest goals you had set for yourself entering the 2022 season? Did you achieve those goals?
My biggest goal was to play a full healthy season coming off of an ACL injury, and I was able to do that.

After spring practices were over, what was the number one goal you had set for the team? Did they achieve the goal?

We wanted to build a closer bond as a whole and feel more like one. We definitely got a lot better and closer after spring ball.

What was the best and worst part of the 2022 season?
The best part was just being out there with my brothers, playing with the seniors, and being back to football; the worst part was having so many players out to start the season.

Can you share with the readers any colleges that have been recruiting you?
I’ve been talking to Eku.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season with Defensive End Eric Barnes from Madison Southern High School (Ky)

Post by VetteMan »

I know very little about Kentucky High School football in general, other than having the opportunity to have watched Ashland High School a few times in the past few years. Sounds as if Eric was able to come back from an ACL injury he suffered in his Sophomore year, and was able to have an injury free Junior year. I hope he has an injury free Senior season as well. Good interview.

Return to “Football”