2023 Post-Season interview with D.E. Dorian Pollard from Reynoldsburg High School

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season interview with D.E. Dorian Pollard from Reynoldsburg High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Dorian Pollard

School: Reynoldsburg

Class: 2024

Positions played: DE

Heading into the 2022 season, what were your personal goals, and did you achieve those goals?

My goals were to recover from my knee surgery and make it back to the field to play in 2022. Also to make the all-conference team. Yes, I returned back to play in the 3rd game of the season I also made 2nd Team All Conference.

After the team finished up with two A days, what was the biggest goal you set for the team? Did the team achieve the goal?
The goal I set for my team was to win our conference championship. Unfortunately, we did not win the championship; we tied for 3rd place.

What surprised you the most about the 2022 season?

I was surprised by the level of competition that my team faced on our schedule.

What will you remember the most about the 2023 class?
Our 2023 class had some great players, even though our record didn’t show it.

How do you feel about 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I think it’s a good thing for 16 teams to be in the playoffs because it gives more opportunities for teams to play in the postseason. It also gives an opportunity for teams that had a slow start to the season but played better at the end to get an opportunity to play in the playoffs.

What did you learn from the 2022 season that you will use to be a better player this season?
I learned that it takes a combination of physical and mental strength to overcome obstacles and unfortunate situations.

Who was the best player that Reynoldsburg faced last season, which team did he play for, and what made him so good?
The best play we played last season was by Diore Hubbard of the Gahanna Lions. His speed, shiftiness, and vision made him a good running back.

Which win will you remember the most from last season? Explain.
The win against Lancaster was the most memorable because we played a complete game and didn’t have any left downs.

Which loss hurt the most? Explain.
The loss against Upper Arlington hurt the most because it ended our season, and we lost to them a second time last season.

Can you tell the readers which schools have contacted you as far as playing football at the next level?
I started the recruiting process late. I recently started to become more active on Twitter to get my name out there. I've received Junior Day visits and camp invites from several colleges. No college offers yet.

This question will be somewhat different. Why should a neutral fan come to Reynoldsburg to watch a game?
Neutral fans should come to a Reynoldsburg game because we bring the juice and energy every time we step on the field. Also, we play for each other and it’s like a brotherhood on the field.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with D.E. Dorian Pollard from Reynoldsburg High School

Post by VetteMan »

I'm guessing that Dorian possibly had to come back from an ACL injury being that he had to have surgery. He seems to be one of quite a few players that you have interviewed that have had to persevere and work very hard to return to the field. I can remember quite a few years ago when Upper Arlington at that time was considered one of the elite programs in the State of Ohio. I'm just guessing but from the question as to how most people, Coaches and Players, feel about 16 teams qualifying for the Playoffs, I would guess that maybe 75-80 % think it's a good thing overall. Good interview as usual.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with D.E. Dorian Pollard from Reynoldsburg High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I was and still am a little shocked at how many players and coaches seem to like 16 teams.

Return to “Football”