LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-season interview with Bloom-Carroll Dylan Armentrout

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Dylan Armentrout

School: Bloom-Carroll

Class: 2024

Positions played: RB/Slot

Heading into the 2022 season, what were your personal goals, and did you achieve those goals?
Heading into the season, one of my main personal goals was to not go down on the first tackle. To me, if I go down on the first tackle, I look at that as a bad run, and this year, I think I did a good job of that. I definitely believe there is always room for improvement, though.

After all the practices leading up to the first game were completed, what were the goals you had set for your team, and did the team achieve those goals?
After we were done with preseason practices and it was finally game time, my goal was to make it to the state championship game. Like always, we had people doubting us, but we always blocked out the noise and played our brand of football. We ended up achieving that goal of making it to the state championship.

What will you remember the most about the 2023 class?
I will always remember the bonds I had with the players in that class. It was something special that you don’t get with every team, so I won’t take that for granted.

What did you learn from the 2022 season that you will use to be a better player this season?
I learned what it takes to make it to a state championship. On a personal note, I picked up a couple things here and there to make me not just a better player, but a better leader and teammate.

Who was the best player that Bloom-Carroll faced last season, which team did he play for, and what made him so good?
The best player we faced was Broc Lowry. What made him so good was the way he used his frame, along with the threat of him being able to throw the ball or run with it, which just made him hard to stop. He played for Canfield, and we played him in the state championship.

Which win will you remember the most from last season? Explain.
I will always remember the district final game vs. Bishop Watterson. The game had it all, from touchdowns to turnovers to clutch moments, which I’m sure were very entertaining to watch. But the thing I will always remember is driving 90 yards down the field on them when we were down by two with, I believe, 5 minutes left in the game. They gave me the ball with about a minute left, and I ran it in for the game-winning touchdown from about the 20-yard line. That game will always have a special spot in my heart.

Can you describe what the whole playing in the state final process was like?
The whole process was amazing. From the moment we realized we were going to the state championship to the moment the ball got kicked off, the hype at the school during the week was crazy. The halls were even decorated that Monday of state championship week. On the morning of the game, we got charter buses, and we were waved off by the Carroll community, which made playing in the game that much sweeter. Arriving at the game was surreal, realizing this is where NFL players play games and seeing how big the stadium actually was. Not to mention, we had a legit NFL locker room. Although we didn’t get the outcome we wanted, we plan on making it back this year and finishing the job.

Can you tell the readers which schools have contacted you as far as playing football at the next level?

Right now, I currently hold offers from the Air Force, Army, Navy, Dartmouth, Fordham, Columbia, and Campbell. I have been in talks with Ohio University, Kent State, Ball State, Georgetown, Harvard, Colgate, Lehigh, and others.

How do you feel about 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I personally like it because it gives more teams the opportunity to play in the playoffs and feel the playoff atmosphere that not all get to experience.

This question will be somewhat different. Why should a neutral fan come to a Boston-Carroll home game?
A neutral fan should come to a home game because you’re going to witness some of the best football in the state, along with a beautiful, newly renovated field and press box. And did I talk about the atmosphere? Every game feels like a playoff game, and we have some of the best fans and student sections in the state. We’re also talked about as having one of the best concession stands in the state. And if you like bands, our band competes for state titles every year. You may see a couple football players in there as well.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-season interview with Bloom-Carroll Dylan Armentrout

Post by VetteMan »

Not a surprise at all that Dylan comes across as a very well spoken young man. I think that speaks volumes about him in a lot of ways. Just the fact that he has garnered that much attention from a lot of very good schools, says a lot right there. I would also concur in as much as how BC school and their fans support their football program. Good interview.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Post-season interview with Bloom-Carroll Dylan Armentrout

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Over 4,000 views on Twitter.

Return to “Football”