Racine Southern TVC Hocking Champions

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Racine Southern TVC Hocking Champions

Post by Tom Smyth »

Can they get it done in 2023? Can they knock off the favorites Eastern and Waterford? Have they ever won a championship in football before? Some say if they get the skill players from Wahama and Ravenswood that are rumored they have a chance with their master play caller. Thoughts?

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Re: Racine Southern TVC Hocking Champions

Post by Wings Teaford »

Could it be that a former Southern standout who has a son in school at Wahama has decided to come back to the right side of the river?

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

Wings Teaford wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:55 pm Could it be that a former Southern standout who has a son in school at Wahama has decided to come back to the right side of the river?
You just might be onto something. :shock:

Ttomcat1000+
Waterboy

Post by Ttomcat1000+ »

It’s a sad day when the topic of TVC Hocking championship is discussed and nary a mention of Trimble. I guess it’s a sign of the times. Kids don’t want to be constantly screamed at and blamed for everything that goes wrong. Back in the day we didn’t care and we’re even motivated by it, but not these days. But back then we knew if the coach was yelling at us it was because he knew we could do better and it wasn’t just because he was mad that he made a bad call or had a bad game plan. He wasn’t screaming to cover up for himself. I can’t see Southern winning the Hocking but I just hope we’re in the mix. It would take a lot to get it done though. Hopefully some of the players come back out and are treated better and the team uses this thread as motivation. And most importantly Go Cats!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Did Trimble have players who quit? It’s unheard of for Trimble not to be in the running for a championship multiple years in a row.

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:44 am Did Trimble have players who quit? It’s unheard of for Trimble not to be in the running for a championship multiple years in a row.

We had players who quit during the season, but none to my knowledge of not playing this year

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

Racine is gonna struggle to make a team.

HT Rebel
Waterboy

Post by HT Rebel »

The conference will crumble without South Gallia. Better luck in finding a new league. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. We are SOC PROUD.
Rebel Yell
Can’t be silenced!

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

HT Rebel wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:09 pm The conference will crumble without South Gallia. Better luck in finding a new league. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. We are SOC PROUD.
Rebel Yell
Can’t be silenced!

How many TVC championships did SG win? The only good teams I remember were when that really old guy was coaching and still wearing the same coaches shorts he wore in 1982. :mrgreen:

HT Rebel
Waterboy

Post by HT Rebel »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:04 pm
HT Rebel wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:09 pm The conference will crumble without South Gallia. Better luck in finding a new league. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. We are SOC PROUD.
Rebel Yell
Can’t be silenced!

How many TVC championships did SG win? The only good teams I remember were when that really old guy was coaching and still wearing the same coaches shorts he wore in 1982. :mrgreen:
We held the league together for too many years. We have found a new home. TVC won’t last much longer now. It’s a matter of time before Belpre and Waterford depart. It’s sad Eastern and Southern couldn’t accommodate for other league schools. In the end they will be left abandoned. Should’ve realized what they had was good enough

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

Its been our plan all along to reshape the TVC to suit our needs. If we could just get rid of Trimble and the Ohio division schools it would be just about right.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

HT Rebel wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:29 pm
Chief Kdogg wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:04 pm
Rebel Yell
Can’t be silenced!

We held the league together for too many years. We have found a new home. TVC won’t last much longer now. It’s a matter of time before Belpre and Waterford depart. It’s sad Eastern and Southern couldn’t accommodate for other league schools. In the end they will be left abandoned. Should’ve realized what they had was good enough
So they didn’t win any championships. I see your point now. If they get rid of all the doormats that never win titles they won’t have any teams to beat up on and brake all those records. Gonna have to find a few new door mats to replace the ones that left.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Word on the street is Miller and Wahama both want back in. My guess would be the league takes back Miller but says no to Wahama

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

on the black wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:48 am Word on the street is Miller and Wahama both want back in. My guess would be the league takes back Miller but says no to Wahama
Fer sure, because Womomma beat the tar out of Southern last year and would have easily won the Hocking. We can’t add teams that Southern can’t beat nor any that might win the league. They need teams that records can be broken on to make our players feel good and win awards for the coaches.

NoCouchCoach
Waterboy

Post by NoCouchCoach »

Kool-Aid must be flowing

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Rebel Yell
Can’t be silenced!
I wonder what SG’s record is against my Tomcats? I know it’s 0 and something because the Rebs never beat us. It was always a terrible trip down there to beat the brakes off of a horrible team. The only thing worse than the bus ride was their team. After all those beat downs I understand why they cut and ran from the Hocking. I won’t miss them but it was nice to be guaranteed an easy win against them every year.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
HT Rebel
Waterboy

Post by HT Rebel »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:55 pm
Rebel Yell
Can’t be silenced!
I wonder what SG’s record is against my Tomcats? I know it’s 0 and something because the Rebs never beat us. It was always a terrible trip down there to beat the brakes off of a horrible team. The only thing worse than the bus ride was their team. After all those beat downs I understand why they cut and ran from the Hocking. I won’t miss them but it was nice to be guaranteed an easy win against them every year.
Hocking is not good enough for US. We are off to greener pastures. Ruling the SOC and region are the new normal in Mercerville. You’re out of your mind we ruled the Terrible Valley Conference

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

HT Rebel wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:26 pm
Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:55 pm
Rebel Yell
Can’t be silenced!
Hocking is not good enough for US. We are off to greener pastures. Ruling the SOC and region are the new normal in Mercerville. You’re out of your mind we ruled the Terrible Valley Conference
I see what you’re saying. SG outgrew the Hocking with all of those championships they won. Was there a state championship or two in there as well. I’m guessing if they were closer the MAC would have been a perfect fit for them. Maybe they can get Ironton on the schedule.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Our boys can’t wait to beat the brakes off of Southern this year. Gonna be a big payback for the cheating they did last season. Those cheater refs you used will look like priests compared to the ones we get for the game with you this year.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
25p7692
Waterboy

Post by 25p7692 »

Chief Kdogg

I doubt if the old guy was wearing the same shorts he wore in 82 because I doubt they would still fit him or they just denigrated.

Return to “Football”