Portsmouth Notre Dame - From there to here.

BigMo
Waterboy

Portsmouth Notre Dame - From there to here.

Post by BigMo »

A long time ago, I was a kid at St. Mary’s Grade School. I remember in a fond way, Notre Dame Football. Saturday nights at Spartan Municipal Stadium, those teams, those players, man, they were my heros. Life was good, no, it was perfect back in those days. The white helmets with blue and gold stripes down the middle, and a team lead by coaches of the likes of Ed Miller, Dick Beeler, Charles Burbacher and Ed Schmit. Back in the day before there was an SOC 1 and SOC 2. This little Catholic school competed well with the likes of Wheelersburg and bigger schools. Those days and those coaches are gone. Bob Ashley, in his two stints as Notre Dame’s head coach has provided stability at this school, and this football program. That too, is now gone. I wish nothing but success for Notre Dame and their school and football program. The kids in thegoldhelmets deserve nothing but the very best. Peace Out. BigMo

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth Notre Dame - From there to here.

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

So Buster Davis is the hire?

The Little General
Riding the Bench

Post by The Little General »

I heard the name is Buster Douglas

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

The Little General wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:47 pm I heard the name is Buster Douglas
:lol:

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

nust still be negotiating the compensation package to bring a guy in from so far away

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

Yeah maybe they will pay him 3000 instead of the joke of a salary they currently offer.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

So when is the parade for this so called proven winner and how soon will they put the tomcats on the schedule?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Sportsfan007
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan007 »

All in seriousness... Why hasn't ND put the hire in the paper or made it public?

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Sportsfan007 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:39 am All in seriousness... Why hasn't ND put the hire in the paper or made it public?
Because I have an interview next week and they want to hear all about how my grandpappy invented the Wing T and also about how we got them Southern boys hitting they hemmorhoids on the floor when we squat.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Sportsfan007 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:39 am All in seriousness... Why hasn't ND put the hire in the paper or made it public?
This is starting to smell like one of those carp they try to pass off as a fish sandwich at The Ribber

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

What in the world is going on?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

It's Buster Davis. Great background as a player, not so much as a coach. Out-of-the-blue hire, and kids already transferring out (check twitter if you don't believe me).*

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Prime example of I don’t get my way I’m out of here. Wasn’t his grandfather the one pushing to fire Ashley?

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Also, I don’t see the kid getting to play @ Ironton. Didn’t do much against good teams when he played at ND

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement out of Notre Dame, significant news...yet crickets.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Hoopster98 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:59 pm Prime example of I don’t get my way I’m out of here. Wasn’t his grandfather the one pushing to fire Ashley?
Maybe grandpa wanted a job on the staff. He could be hoping to resurrect the Notre Dame Box offense that was popular when he was a kid and cross breed with the Fat Firmation for his son, Riverballfan1.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Almost a month into the hire and still nothing in the paper or nothing announced. The boys are tucking the tail because they should of never let Bob go.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Hoopster98 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:59 am Almost a month into the hire and still nothing in the paper or nothing announced. The boys are tucking the tail because they should of never let Bob go.
Yeah. They shouldn’t have canned Ashley, and who they ended up with is puzzling. Hard to promote the new hire with how chopped-up his resume is.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I am no way dogging the Buster Davis hire, I just think it's weird that there has not been no announcement or nothing in the paper. I guess just wait and see the final results. Just remember when ND was like once Ashley left before.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Hoopster98 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:23 am I am no way dogging the Buster Davis hire, I just think it's weird that there has not been no announcement or nothing in the paper. I guess just wait and see the final results. Just remember when ND was like once Ashley left before.
When his name got floated on here originally, I did see where his Twitter account and ND’s account mutually followed each other — checked again and they are not following each other anymore.

/shrug

Return to “Football”