Morgan joining the Twin State League? Other expansion?

Trans_State69
Waterboy

Re: Morgan joining the Twin State League? Other expansion?

Post by Trans_State69 »

Play60Football wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:36 pm I heard that the last TSL meeting was held at Waterford and some more schools were there. Wonder if the minutes from the meeting will be able to be seen. TSL seems to be very aggressive with expansion.
If it was held at Waterford wouldnt that mean Waterford is in the running to join?

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

I believe in Football terms it would be 4 D6's and 2 D7's? I forgot about Fed Hocking being right there too. If they ever have FB again would they be D6 or 7?

FF and NY in a bigger school division in the hypothetical league, with the hypothetical addition of TVC OH schools would be a pretty big unbalance membership numbers wise I would assume.

Crooksville is probably okay with playing these schools over who they have now.... Saw they got beat by nearly 60 the other night in Basketball to Tri-Valley!!

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

It would be kind of ironic if the only TVC schools left are the ones that would not vote for expansion

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Play60Football wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:38 am I believe in Football terms it would be 4 D6's and 2 D7's? I forgot about Fed Hocking being right there too. If they ever have FB again would they be D6 or 7?

FF and NY in a bigger school division in the hypothetical league, with the hypothetical addition of TVC OH schools would be a pretty big unbalance membership numbers wise I would assume.

Crooksville is probably okay with playing these schools over who they have now.... Saw they got beat by nearly 60 the other night in Basketball to Tri-Valley!!
I would think Fed would be D7. I was looking at it strictly from a football perspective. FF and NY would dominate the small school in football and compete more than okay in the big school. It really wouldn’t be much of a change for either from their schedules now since nearly everyone they play is bigger than them minus a game or two a year. It would all depend on how many TVC teams hypothetically would jump ship, I think.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If Crooksville jumps don’t be surprised to see New Alex and Morgan jump

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:35 am If Crooksville jumps don’t be surprised to see New Alex and Morgan jump
New Lex wants out of the MVL? Thought they were fairly content.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:43 am
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:35 am If Crooksville jumps don’t be surprised to see New Alex and Morgan jump
I was just told by someone that they could be interested. All these schools are waiting for someone else to jump first.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:14 am
I was just told by someone that they could be interested. All these schools are waiting for someone else to jump first.
Makes sense. You have any idea who seemed like they’d be the first to join?

MVLfan
Riding the Bench

Post by MVLfan »

Morgan and Crooksville are two teams that have openly been shopping around for a new league. I don’t believe the other schools have. I could see Coshocton jumping to IVC, along with River View. But, could definitely see dominoes falling if 1-2 teams leave.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:20 am

Alexander but they can’t come alone.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

beg003 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:20 am

I believe the MVL Small Schools tried to eliminate crossover games in football and it was shot down pretty quickly from the big schools. I doubt Morgan would want to eliminate crossovers now they're in the big school but i'm sure they don't want to continue playing all the big schools in the first place.

I thought Morgan was all but gone when they went to a TSL meeting before. I now believe Crooksville is about to bolt somewhere if they get the chance.... at least they should!

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

What are the odds any of these schools actually make the move? It seems like since the TSL was formed, there is constantly talk about schools being "interested" but nothing ever comes from it. Morgan. PHS. Cambridge. Now Crooksville and 70% of the TVC? I am obviously for expansion but I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

If all of these TVC schools really want in the TSL, why not just add the four TSL schools and Crooksville and go to 3 divisions? Try to add Gallia and Logan, so Vinton County can be in the middle school division with better travel.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

pioneer19 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:27 pm What are the odds any of these schools actually make the move? It seems like since the TSL was formed, there is constantly talk about schools being "interested" but nothing ever comes from it. Morgan. PHS. Cambridge. Now Crooksville and 70% of the TVC? I am obviously for expansion but I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

If all of these TVC schools really want in the TSL, why not just add the four TSL schools and Crooksville and go to 3 divisions? Try to add Gallia and Logan, so Vinton County can be in the middle school division with better travel.
Yea you're right there always seems to be rumors. No one has actually pulled the trigger. I'm sure the TSLs approach is to get anyone who they've spoken to or who has shown the slightest interested all together and say "see them, and them, and them? Come on!". One school is likely not to go by themselves.

It reminds me of the PAC 12 dilemma recently.... A lot of speculation and meetings and what not for the better part of a year or more, then finally Colorado jumped ship and next thing you knew the PAC 12 was dead!

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Play60Football wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:54 pm
pioneer19 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:27 pm What are the odds any of these schools actually make the move? It seems like since the TSL was formed, there is constantly talk about schools being "interested" but nothing ever comes from it. Morgan. PHS. Cambridge. Now Crooksville and 70% of the TVC? I am obviously for expansion but I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm sure the TSLs approach is to get anyone who they've spoken to or who has shown the slightest interested all together and say "see them, and them, and them? Come on!". One school is likely not to go by themselves.
100% and I give the TSL ADs and everyone else involved a ton of credit. They are clearly working very hard to add schools. The bottom line though is none of the rumors I've heard from people or seen on here to this point have come to fruition. Maybe this time around will be different. :)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

pioneer19 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:58 pm
Play60Football wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:54 pm

I'm sure the TSLs approach is to get anyone who they've spoken to or who has shown the slightest interested all together and say "see them, and them, and them? Come on!". One school is likely not to go by themselves.
100% and I give the TSL ADs and everyone else involved a ton of credit. They are clearly working very hard to add schools. The bottom line though is none of the rumors I've heard from people or seen on here to this point have come to fruition. Maybe this time around will be different. :)
It’s a new league just finished first football season give it time.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Nobody can tell me a league with

Small
Fort Frye
Nelsonville
Trimble
Waterford
Alexander
Belpre

Big
Warren
Point
Marietta
Cambridge
Morgan
Athens

Isn’t an upgrade from what we have now.

Bigger gates better rivalries

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye missed out on being in the TVC by 1 vote

Teams that voted no

Wellston
River Valley
Vinton County
South Gaila ( who was leaving but still got to vote )

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:25 pm Fort Frye missed out on being in the TVC by 1 vote

Teams that voted no

Wellston
River Valley
Vinton County
Wellston 1:29
River Valley 1:23
Vinton County 1:24

That’s the reason those schools voted the way they did. I’ll give you south Gallia should not have been given a vote but if FF was going to be an Ohio division school, none of the hocking should’ve been given a vote either. That would’ve but the total at 4-3. I’ve never understood why the divisions don’t just vote for their own.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

There are definitely teams "interested" because they have attended meetings to get more info. I don't know about the TVC schools who have attended.

Hosey Caadwell
Waterboy

Post by Hosey Caadwell »

Dundas wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:16 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:25 pm Fort Frye missed out on being in the TVC by 1 vote

Teams that voted no

Wellston
River Valley
Vinton County
Wellston 1:29
River Valley 1:23
Vinton County 1:24

That’s the reason those schools voted the way they did. I’ll give you south Gallia should not have been given a vote but if FF was going to be an Ohio division school, none of the hocking should’ve been given a vote either. That would’ve but the total at 4-3. I’ve never understood why the divisions don’t just vote for their own.

Honestly think it would be better for all involved if TVC Hocking and TVC Ohio went their seperate ways.

Return to “Football”