Morgan joining the Twin State League? Other expansion?

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Re: Morgan joining the Twin State League? Other expansion?

Post by IVCHAWKS »

I really think Tri-Valley and probably Sheridan has out grown the mvl, there probably a better fit in the big school division of the LCL

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:34 am I really think Tri-Valley and probably Sheridan has out grown the mvl, there probably a better fit in the big school division of the LCL
John Glenn is bigger than Sheridan in terms of CB#. As long as TV has control of the MVL they're not going anywhere. They fit geographically and school size with the LCL better but them and Sheridan has a hold on the MVL so it probably won't change until the smaller schools branch off on their own.

Licking Heights
Watkins Memorial
Mount Vernon
Tri-Valley
Granville
Zanesville

General
Waterboy

Post by General »

A number of the LCL schools are going to “outgrow” the LCL. Tri valley is fine where they are. Look for some LCL teams to defect to the MVL when some of the other schools grow to D2 & D1.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

We all know football is king in most leagues.

Tri-Valley in 2024 has a load of senior talent and lots of depth at most positions. They have a good shot at winning the region.

BUT............ in 2025 and for the foreseeable future Tri-Valley will come back to the pack in the MVL. Quality coaching will likely still mean a winning record and a couple games in the playoffs, but undefeated in the MVL is just not likely.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

I heard that the last TSL meeting was held at Waterford and some more schools were there. Wonder if the minutes from the meeting will be able to be seen. TSL seems to be very aggressive with expansion.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Play60Football wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:36 pm I heard that the last TSL meeting was held at Waterford and some more schools were there. Wonder if the minutes from the meeting will be able to be seen. TSL seems to be very aggressive with expansion.
Not sure about that but there is a meeting at 11 am on Wed at Western Sizzlin

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:00 pm
Play60Football wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:36 pm I heard that the last TSL meeting was held at Waterford and some more schools were there. Wonder if the minutes from the meeting will be able to be seen. TSL seems to be very aggressive with expansion.
Not sure about that but there is a meeting at 11 am on Wed at Western Sizzlin
I probably got caught in the rumor mill or I miss heard.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Any updates from today's meeting?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Rumors of mass expansion is what I’m hearing. Attempted expansion I should say.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:20 pm Rumors of mass expansion is what I’m hearing. Attempted expansion I should say.
Yup but will they get enough schools to have a small school div? I’ll tell you this TVC schools are thinking about it.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:45 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:20 pm Rumors of mass expansion is what I’m hearing. Attempted expansion I should say.
Yup but will they get enough schools to have a small school div? I’ll tell you this TVC schools are thinking about it.
Waterford and belpre would be a great pick up but you’ll need a few more to jump. The TVC is in a weak position now because you have the tsl to the east and the soc to the west that could poach if they expand.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:56 pm
Waterford and belpre would be a great pick up but you’ll need a few more to jump. The TVC is in a weak position now because you have the tsl to the east and the soc to the west that could poach if they expand.
Sounds like TVC schools are legitimately interested but are just waiting for first team to jump.

Waterford
Trimble
Belpre
Alex
Nelsonville
Athens
Cambridge

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:32 pm

Sounds like TVC schools are legitimately interested but are just waiting for first team to jump.

Waterford
Trimble
Belpre
Alex
Nelsonville
Athens
Cambridge
Athens may be the first to make a move. I still think a smaller school would have to jump also for the rest to go along. I also heard Meigs was contacted. That would bridge the gap from the norther schools to Point Pleasant.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ravenswood and Williamstown move up to AA they’ll out grow the LKC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The TVC was created because the SEOAL wouldn’t add Warren and VC. They teamed up with Beplre and Fed Hock and started the Tri Valley Conference. Over a lot of years, the TVC poached the SEOAL and ultimately led to their demise. The TSL was created by Fort, Warren and Marietta who the TVC would not let in. Plus Point. Could the TSL do to the TVC what the TVC did to the Seoal?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kick out Wellston and River Valley and just merge TVC and TSL

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

There is plenty of TVC teams that voted yes on Fort and Warren. The teams that voted no on Fort Frye was River Valley , Wellston , South Gallia , and Vinton. They should have just voted yes they wouldn’t have this problem now. Fort missed by 1 vote. Why did South Gallia even get a vote?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:50 pm Kick out Wellston and River Valley and just merge TVC and TSL
Easier said than done, but I like this. Getting Williamstown would be the cherry on top.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Waterford
Trimble
Belpre
Alex
Nelsonville
Athens
Cambridge
This is what I had heard. They had a meeting with schools about expansion. I assumed that was their regular league meeting but it wasn't.
I heard it was TVC schools and some MVL schools.

Absorbing the majority of the TVC, particularly Hocking seems like a good path. I keep hearing the MVL has some issues with the smaller schools.
Fort Frye
Waterford
Trimble
Belpre
Nelsonville
Crooksville
Would be a good start of a small school division

And like others said some of the Ohio teams in the bigger school. I have no dog in this fight I just like conference realignment stuff and looking at school districts and dynamics of conferences.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Play60Football wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:42 am

Waterford
Trimble
Belpre
Alex
Nelsonville
Athens
Cambridge
This is what I had heard. They had a meeting with schools about expansion. I assumed that was their regular league meeting but it wasn't.
I heard it was TVC schools and some MVL schools.

Absorbing the majority of the TVC, particularly Hocking seems like a good path. I keep hearing the MVL has some issues with the smaller schools.
Fort Frye
Waterford
Trimble
Belpre
Nelsonville
Crooksville
Would be a good start of a small school division

And like others said some of the Ohio teams in the bigger school. I have no dog in this fight I just like conference realignment stuff and looking at school districts and dynamics of conferences.
Agreed that those schools would be a solid small school division. Could see Nelsonville and FF playing up in the big school division for football if something like this were to happen - much like the TVC Ohio now.

Return to “Football”