2023 Player Spotlight/ Interview with Camdan Cooper Chillicothe High School

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/ Interview with Camdan Cooper Chillicothe High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Camdan Cooper

School: Chillicothe

Class: 2026

Positions played: linebacker, safety, tight end.

Entering the 2023 season, you will be at a new school in Chillicothe. What are your goals as you enter the season?
As I enter the 2023 season, I look forward to the start of a new program. I want to come into my own and have high expectations for myself. I want to establish myself as a hard worker and someone my team and coaches can count on. I would like for us to win the FAC and go far in the playoffs.

What are you looking forward to the most this coming season?
My entire life was built around Paint Valley football. Having a father who coached and a brother who played in the program is all I have ever known. I am anxious to be a part of the Chillicothe Football Family and their rich traditions. Everyone has embraced and welcomed me since I transferred in.

Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing on the most? Explain.
I enjoy playing defense the most because I grew up around football and saw the importance of having a solid defense and how it impacts the other side of the ball. This past football season, I was given the opportunity to play defense early on, which allowed me to grow as a player and teammate.

What did you learn from the 2022 season that you will use to be a better player this season?

learned the importance of reading an offense. I also learned the importance of having confidence in yourself and your teammates. Football is a brotherhood of supporting each other to the end.

What sports will you be playing at Chillicothe?
I plan to play football and basketball at Chillicothe. I have decided not to play baseball or track so I can focus on getting better at the other two sports.

As far as road games go, which stadium are you most looking forward to playing at? Why?
I can’t wait to step on the turf for the first time at Herrnstein Field as a Cavalier. I am looking forward to playing higher-caliber teams in the FAC.

As a player, where do you think the state finals should be played? Why?
I think that the state finals being played in Canton are the best choice. Not only because of tradition but also because of the atmosphere and the fact that the Football Hall of Fame is there.

Is it more enjoyable beating the big private school or the big public school?
I don’t care who we beat. I just want to win and have a winning season.

How was it getting to play one year at the varsity level with your brother, who was a very good two-way player?
I enjoyed playing beside my brother because I have always admired his work ethic and love for football. When Covid hit my brother forced me to work out and get stronger. When I didn’t want to work out, he didn’t care and made me anyway. This made me a better player and helped me have the role I had this season. I grew up being a ball boy and was able to watch my brother play from the sidelines. This season was really important to my mom as well, and there was nothing better than her seeing Cavan throw my two touchdowns this season. I will definitely miss having him on the field with me. He just signed to play football at Muskingum University, and I look forward to being able to watch some games this season.

What is your favorite class?
My favorite class is biology or history because I like my teachers and they are fun classes to be in.

What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is any type of chicken. You can’t go wrong with some Chick-fil-a or Canes. I also love Skittles!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/ Interview with Camdan Cooper Chillicothe High School

Post by VetteMan »

Being that I don't know the reason as to why Camdan has decided to transfer from PV to Chillicothe, I will say that I think that Camdan will enjoy playing for Coach Bartholomew. PV has been a very good and competitive football program in it's own right. Playing in the FAC Camdan will be facing quite a few larger schools, but larger doesn't always translate to better. Not only playing with an older brother, but having a father with a coaching background, I would bet that Camdan has the right mindset to be successful if at all possible. Good interview.

Return to “Football”