LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/ Interview with Maddox Arnold from Cincinnati Elder

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Maddox Arnold

School: Cincinnati Elder

Class: 2025

Position played: ILB

What did you learn about yourself during the 2022 season that you will be able to use this season to aid you in becoming a better player?

I learned what to do in big situations and how to handle adversity.

Who was the best player Elder went up against last season, and which team did he play for?
Ben Roebuck, who played for Saint Eds, and Jordan Marshall from Moeller

Who was the best team you guys faced last season, and what made them so good?

Saint Edwards was the best team we played last year, and what made them so good was how smart they played and the people they had on their team. Oline and Dline lines

What are you going to miss most from the 2023 class?
The seniors I looked up to.

What was the most shocking part of the 2022 season?
The way we lost to Moeller

What is the hardest part of playing linebacker?
I would say the hardest part of playing linebacker is having to guard slot receivers. I played ILB and OLB, so I'm not getting confused on what key to read.

What are your goals for this season, as well as those of your team?
My goals this season are to make the first team GCL, all states, and our goal as a team is of course to go to state.

What is your favorite and least favorite part of practice?
I would say my favorite part of practicing is learning, hitting, and competing against teammates, and my least favorite is conditioning.

What was the most satisfying part of last season, along with the one thing you wish you could change about the season?
I would say that we only lost three games against the three best teams in the state, and something that I would change is playing where I thought I should have played.

What has been your fondest memory on the football field, as well as your biggest disappointment?
I would say my best memory is when we beat Saint X on our home field this year, and my biggest disappointment is not getting to the regional final.

What is the best advice you have received from a coach as far as football goes? Which coach was it?
I would say the best advice I have received was from our Oline coach, Craig James, who told me not to compare myself to others and just do me.

What is your game-day routine?

My game day routine is getting food after school, taking a nap, stretching, and going to team mass before game time.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/ Interview with Maddox Arnold from Cincinnati Elder

Post by VetteMan »

When naming the best players that Maddox played against, he named Roebuck and Marshall. Roebuck didn't have an offer from the Buckeyes, so he committed to Scum, that team up north. Marshall did have an offer from the Buckeyes, but he also committed to Scum. LOL When asked what he would change from this past season, Maddox a sophomore, said that he would have changed the position that he played, to the position that he should be playing. I guess that Coaches are just a necessary evil that all schools are required to have.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Check out his hudl film.
I think you will be shocked.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Ohio prep did their interview with him but one has to be a member to read. I am not.

Return to “Football”