2023 interview with Louisville Central Head Coach Marvin Dantzler

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 interview with Louisville Central Head Coach Marvin Dantzler

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Marvin Dantzler

School: Louisville Central

Position: Head Football Coach

To kick this off, can you give us a rundown of your coaching tree, including positions held at each school?
10 years as an assistant in Oklahoma and Louisiana Head coach at Booker T. Washington in Tulsa, Oklahoma Head coach at Patterson Patterson, Louisiana Head coach at Louisville Central Louisville, Kentucky

What are your biggest concerns heading into the 2023 season?
The biggest concern was replacing our offensive line from the previous year.

What will you remember most about the class of 2023?
The thing I remember the most about the 2023 class is their commitment to the process. They were a small group of seniors, but they did everything that was asked of them.

In looking back at your 2022 schedule, I see that Central played a lot of very good teams. Of those teams, which would you say was the best, and what made them so good?
Boyle County is, of course, going up against the two-time defending state champs at their place for an opportunity to go to state. They are one of the top programs in the state.

Sticking with the 2022 season, who was the best player that Central faced and which team did he play for?
The best player, I would say, was the RB at Boyle County. He ran extremely hard against us and was able to control the tempo of the game.

Which loss last season was the one that hurt the most?
Every loss hurts, and I don't believe in a moral victory. We play to win.

Which of the nine wins was the biggest?
The biggest victory was over Franklin County because we have had such a good district rivalry with them over the last 4 years and they always play us tough and physical.

What did you learn about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use to be a better coach this season?
We learned that we are closer than we might have thought with such a young 2022 team because we played really well down the stretch. As for me, it's just letting them do what they do well.

What is the best part about coaching at Central, along with the toughest part?
The toughest part is that we challenge ourselves with our schedule; we can easily start off 0-5 if we don't come out ready to play. But I also think it's the most exciting part because it drives our off-season program to be ready for when the season starts.

Can you tell us which seniors from last season will be moving on to play college ball and list the colleges too?
We have four seniors that will be moving on to play college football and another player that will be running college track.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 interview with Louisville Central Head Coach Marvin Dantzler

Post by VetteMan »

Coach Dantzler has had plenty of coaching experience as both as an assistant coach as well as a Head Coach prior to becoming the Head Coach at Louisville Central. LC is probably one of the larger High Schools in the Louisville area, so they probably do play a pretty challenging schedule each and every year. It would most certainly not be a crime to lose to Boyle County, as they seem to be one of the top programs in the State about every year. Good interview.

Return to “Football”