2023 Interview with Major Brown from Lexington Christian Academy (KY)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Interview with Major Brown from Lexington Christian Academy (KY)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Major Brown

School: Lexington Christian Academy

Class: 2024

Positions played: LB/TE/RB/WR

What have you been able to do during the off-season to improve your game?
I’m always trying to get better, either by lifting weights or doing strength and explosiveness workouts at Operation Athlete!

WR/TE/RB: How long have you played each position, and which of the three do you like playing the most?
I like TE the most personally; I haven’t played it that long, but it’s what got my sophomore year going when I was delivering big blocks, and then some really good MLBs came through LCA like Mattie Lebryk and Jeffrey Selby, and I followed their footsteps, and now playing MLB is my favorite position; offensively, it would be TE.

What are your personal goals for this season?
My goals for the season are too, so my part is doing whatever my coaches want me to be, doing it the best I can, and always giving 100% effort for my teammates. Also, win that ring at the end of my high school experience.

Of the road games, you have played, which stadium do you enjoy playing at the most?
Playing at Madison Central was always fun, but playing at Mayfield last year was my favorite atmosphere I have ever played in.

Do you pattern your game after any certain players? Who?
I love Ray Lewis and how he attacked runners and came with violence in everything he did, always watching his highlights.

If you had to pick one, which team on the schedule do you want to beat the most? Why?
It would definitely be catholic because it’s always a fun game with them, and it’s always a great environment no matter what.

Have you heard from any college coaches? If yes, care to name a few?
I have talked to coaches at places like Center, EKU, Austin Peay, and other schools, but nothing serious as of now, so I am just focusing on my game!

What were the high and low points of the 2022 season?
The high points of last season were our team coming together through injury and a tough string of games; the lows were us not being able to finish the closer games like the semi-state championship game, but I love that team, and the seniors will be missed for sure.

What is your favorite part about playing football?
My favorite part about playing football is the brotherhood it builds and the people you meet, as well as just having fun and playing with your brothers.

What is your favorite type of music?
My favorite artist is Mac Miller, and he is more of a chill hip-hop type of artist, but my music taste varies from many different things.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Interview with Major Brown from Lexington Christian Academy (KY)

Post by VetteMan »

This may not apply too Major Brown in this particular situation at all, but for some reason I start getting a little skeptical when I see an athlete playing four different positions. Not that a good athlete isn't capable of playing that many positions, but is it possibly because of low numbers on his team, and it may be out of necessity at times. Many good athletes play both ways, offense and defense, even at some of your larger schools. Being that I've never even seen him play, I probably should not be critical of his situation. Good interview.

Return to “Football”