2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brady Hastings from Buckeye Trail High School

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brady Hastings from Buckeye Trail High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Brady Hastings

School: Buckeye Trail

Class: 2024

Positions played: WR and OLB

What have you been able to accomplish during the off-season to help improve your game?
I have really taken weightlifting seriously this year and have increased my strength by a lot. I’ve gained over 25 pounds since the end of last year and want to help my team have a winning season, especially since it’s my last one.

What are you looking forward to the most as far as the football season goes?
I’m looking forward to playing with my best friends one last time, and showing out this season. We have a new coach coming in, and he’s helping change our culture, and I think he can help lead us.

Football or basketball. Which one do you like playing the best? Explain.
Football has always been my favorite sport to play. There’s nothing like playing under those lights on a Friday and getting butterflies before kickoff. Basketball does have its perks; you play more games, and I feel like you bond more in basketball with your teammates, but overall, football is my No. 1.

After the season is 100% over, is it important to you to be able to play in one or two of the state-wide all-star games?
I would love to get invited to play in a state-wide all-star game. I think it’s pretty important. I feel like it’s a great way to get exposure for colleges to see you, and I feel like it would be a blast.

The last winning season for Buckeye Trail was back in 2019 (7-3). What will it take to get back over 500 this season?
I feel like Coach Kerns has a good plan for this year. He has brought in a new coach and is changing the environment from what we are used to. We are taking lifting way more seriously than previous years, and I feel like that’s what we’ve needed. Practices might be harder and conditioning might be tougher, but I feel like that’s what we need in order to win.

Of the three wins last season, which one will you remember the most? Explain.
Definitely, East Canton was the most memorable win. Even though we had very few wins, that was one of our best defensive games I’ve ever played in. We had some great stops. Our kicker really kept them near their end zone, and our kickoff team got down quickly to keep them there.

Which of the seven losses hurt the most? Explain.

Of our seven losses, I could make a couple that really hurt, Caldwell could’ve been close if we didn’t have a lightning delay and didn’t get back on the field till 12, Harrison Central we had some kickoff returns for touchdowns for Koen Eagon but we couldn’t stop their pass game. Barnesville hurt pretty bad, but the most upsetting was Newcomerstown. It was a battle till the end with their wishbone offense, which my teammates and I haven’t seen all year, and it was hard to stop. Our passing game worked at the end of the game, but it was too late to come back.

What are your goals, along with the goals you have set for your team this season?
My goals for this season are to be one of the top players in the IVC and to ball out. For my team, I’m wanting to get that winning record and show everyone that we aren’t a bad team.

What is your favorite type of music, along with your favorite artist?
My favorite type of music is rap and hip-hop. My favorite artist is $not.

What is your favorite class?
My favorite class right now is probably between government and human anatomy.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brady Hastings from Buckeye Trail High School

Post by VetteMan »

Weightlifting and adding over 25 lbs since last season no doubt would be a big transformation for Brady this upcoming season. Being a WR, I wonder if it has affected his overall speed any at all? Not sure how I missed this one, I guess better late than never. Good interview.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brady Hastings from Buckeye Trail High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I appreciate you not only you reading these interviews but adding to the content.

Return to “Football”