Ironton - 3rd Annual Tri-State/All Ohio Showcase 13 May

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: Ironton - 3rd Annual Tri-State/All Ohio Showcase 13 May

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Blitz wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:47 pm I haven't heard if any Burg kids attended or not... there are usually a few that go...
I don't know how many Burg kids went down only one I know for sure that did go was the Lattimore transfer from Portsmouth. I don't believe they had as many kids down there this year than last. Looked like there was less numbers this year, it'll keep lowering if it continues, can't have Ironton coaches out there in 1-1s and 7-7s pushing to get their kids out there more and getting them double the reps than kids not from Ironton. Seen some upset kids and parents in the stands when they had kids getting 1 rep to an Ironton player's 3. As one coach said, looks like an Ironton showcase and not Ohio. Looked like Fairland wasn't represented this year either, Vinton County was also another team with several down there last year not this year.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:42 am
Blitz wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:47 pm I haven't heard if any Burg kids attended or not... there are usually a few that go...
I don't know how many Burg kids went down only one I know for sure that did go was the Lattimore transfer from Portsmouth. I don't believe they had as many kids down there this year than last. Looked like there was less numbers this year, it'll keep lowering if it continues, can't have Ironton coaches out there in 1-1s and 7-7s pushing to get their kids out there more and getting them double the reps than kids not from Ironton. Seen some upset kids and parents in the stands when they had kids getting 1 rep to an Ironton player's 3. As one coach said, looks like an Ironton showcase and not Ohio. Looked like Fairland wasn't represented this year either, Vinton County was also another team with several down there last year not this year.
😂 everything ironton does will be about the coaches …

Look at their posters…it’s got the coach’s signature on all of them….lol

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Heard a couple kids from Burg were there, but not as many as last year.*

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I thought it was a great event as usual, hate seeing kids miss out on such a great event. A lot of the scouting services were there watching. I guess parents and coaches didn’t feel their kids needed this, although there were some pretty good players from other schools there, kudos to them for showing up. I was sitting in the tank bleacher at the 50 yard line, didn’t hear any complaints from anyone, quite the opposite actually.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

mustard wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:35 am

I’m far from a coach, don’t belong to the Tiger Clan. I’m just a retired Sailor who moved back here after 21 years of service and love my Fighting Tigers and what Coach Pendleton and his Staff does for our youth.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:20 pm
mustard wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:35 am

I’m far from a coach, don’t belong to the Tiger Clan. I’m just a retired Sailor who moved back here after 21 years of service and love my Fighting Tigers and what Coach Pendleton and his Staff does for our youth.
:lol: not their forum posters

the tigers football posters on their social media

has the coach In a used car salesman pose with his signature

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

From what I understand, there were some kids there who had zero business being there. Those types going up against Ironton types is just going to result in injuries. This wasn’t a development camp.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

GoIrish wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:58 pm
OldCoach wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:56 am A lot of schools are not allowing their players to attend this. They know the truth as to why they are holding these camps.
I don't see how anyone can justify that. It's not football season yet and this event wasn't during school hours. If a school or coach is prohibiting players from attending, they're hurting themselves. This type of Showcase gives kids from all sorts of school districts the exposure opportunity they may not receive at their home school. There are too many schools and programs that do nothing to help players get to the next level.

Pretty sure several non-Ironton kids were recognized for their outstanding performance at this Showcase, including a small-town kid from Beaver. And I find it hard to believe Ironton would have any luck recruiting that kid away.
Tiger Clan just announced they are out of apartments for the 2023-24 season anyways. If he’s interested, he can get on the wait list for August 2024.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

GoIrish wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:37 pm
From what I understand, there were some kids there who had zero business being there. Those types going up against Ironton types is just going to result in injuries. This wasn’t a development camp.
As any camp there's always kids that will be there that aren't on par with the rest of the players there. However, it doesn't mean they don't get reps and I'm not sure what you're talking about with injuries. Outside of the OL and DL going at it where there was the greatest chance for injuries the rest was simply 1-1 and 7-7 very minimal risk of injury so not exactly where you're going with that one. All the camps this time of year are setup the same way it's not a development camp at all, also doesn't mean that guys without an I on their shirt get passed over. It's ok though lessons learned from some of them I just think some didn't expect that environment, like I explained to them going to these camps are no joke especially if it's your first time.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

art_vandelay wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:40 pm Heard a couple kids from Burg were there, but not as many as last year.*
No, not near as many like I said only one I know for sure was Lattimore. Some of the ones last year are also basketball players and who knows they may have had ball games.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:14 pm I thought it was a great event as usual, hate seeing kids miss out on such a great event. A lot of the scouting services were there watching. I guess parents and coaches didn’t feel their kids needed this, although there were some pretty good players from other schools there, kudos to them for showing up. I was sitting in the tank bleacher at the 50 yard line, didn’t hear any complaints from anyone, quite the opposite actually.
It's a good event, something small for kids who haven't been to these types of camps before and kind of show them how things work and a small level of the talent that go to all the camps this time of year. Because the college camps and other ranking camps are riddled with talent from top to bottom.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:14 pm I thought it was a great event as usual, hate seeing kids miss out on such a great event. A lot of the scouting services were there watching. I guess parents and coaches didn’t feel their kids needed this, although there were some pretty good players from other schools there, kudos to them for showing up. I was sitting in the tank bleacher at the 50 yard line, didn’t hear any complaints from anyone, quite the opposite actually.
Why do you think there wasn’t a good turn out this year? You are so informative when it comes to the tigers and I appreciate it, but how do you know all this? If I may ask.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

TigerBob wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:52 pm
GoIrish wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:58 pm
OldCoach wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:56 am A lot of schools are not allowing their players to attend this. They know the truth as to why they are holding these camps.
I don't see how anyone can justify that. It's not football season yet and this event wasn't during school hours. If a school or coach is prohibiting players from attending, they're hurting themselves. This type of Showcase gives kids from all sorts of school districts the exposure opportunity they may not receive at their home school. There are too many schools and programs that do nothing to help players get to the next level.

Pretty sure several non-Ironton kids were recognized for their outstanding performance at this Showcase, including a small-town kid from Beaver. And I find it hard to believe Ironton would have any luck recruiting that kid away.
Tiger Clan just announced they are out of apartments for the 2023-24 season anyways. If he’s interested, he can get on the wait list for August 2024.
Really? You seem to have a sense of humor

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

I’m curious to what other recruiting services was at this camp besides our local one EA365 sports? Those guys don’t get enough credit because they are the pipeline getting the kids looked at the most around here as well as bring the exposure for kids to want to come Ironton. The Pendletons do a good job too, but I never see EA365 sports get any credit. Way to go guys!

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

irontonwizard wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:23 pm I’m curious to what other recruiting services was at this camp besides our local one EA365 sports? Those guys don’t get enough credit because they are the pipeline getting the kids looked at the most around here as well as bring the exposure for kids to want to come Ironton. The Pendletons do a good job too, but I never see EA365 sports get any credit. Way to go guys!
I don’t see too many guys from around our area represented by that group getting D1 scholarships besides the kids from Ironton. 🤔

Carrico, Carter, Duncan and those guys that are ITOWN boys had scholarships before that group moved back to the area. I think it’s the program personally. Seems to only be happening for Ironton kids and I think there are a lot of good players in the area.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

XandOs wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:04 pm
irontonwizard wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:23 pm I’m curious to what other recruiting services was at this camp besides our local one EA365 sports? Those guys don’t get enough credit because they are the pipeline getting the kids looked at the most around here as well as bring the exposure for kids to want to come Ironton. The Pendletons do a good job too, but I never see EA365 sports get any credit. Way to go guys!
I don’t see too many guys from around our area represented by that group getting D1 scholarships besides the kids from Ironton. 🤔

Carrico, Carter, Duncan and those guys that are ITOWN boys had scholarships before that group moved back to the area. I think it’s the program personally. Seems to only be happening for Ironton kids and I think there are a lot of good players in the area.
Pendleton puts a ton of time each week reaching out to colleges for his players, these colleges aren't showing up to Ironton's practice because they thought Southern Ohio was a great location. Pendleton is bringing them in and it's getting a lot of his guys noticed, hats off to him for it wish all coaches would put the time in but for some they simply don't have that time.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

irontonwizard wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:14 pm
Why do you think there wasn’t a good turn out this year? You are so informative when it comes to the tigers and I appreciate it, but how do you know all this? If I may ask.
If you read back, I thought there was a great turnout, I was simply referring to those on here who said their Coaches or parent’s wouldn’t let them come to the event because “they knew what the event was really for” referring to recruiting I guess.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

247Sports, ON3, Catapult, Scouting Ohio, Prep Redzone, PGB, MADA and Gamebreaker were there as well.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Thu May 18, 2023 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

7 on 7 schedule

24 May @ Lakota West - 5 pm
11 Jun @ Toledo - 11 am
21 Jun @ Ohio State - 9 am
23 Jun @ West Virginia - 9 am
20 Jul @ Ironton Air Raid - 11 am

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I have never seen a bunch of people complain about and event for kids!

Return to “Football”