2023 Logan Chieftains

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: 2023 Logan Chieftains

Post by loganlocos »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:29 pm Any word on the Chiefs and the Mothmen?
Varsity played the first half.

Logan led 19-0 at halftime. But the game was much closer than that. PP turned it over 4 times (one a 75-yard scoop and score for Logan) and I think they threw three INTS (one right after Logan fumbled backed up near their own goal line).

Both teams were a little sloppy as you'd expect in a scrimmage. Woodgeard played well at quarterback and had a TD pass.

Point had some success running wide with their jet, toss, and option plays. Logan strung it out well at times, a few times they failed to make the tackle in space. But the defense was opportunistic with the takeaways.

The JVs came out in the second half. I don't think Logan scored - but might have on another scoop and score on the last play. Point put together a TD drive on their first posession of the 3rd quarter.

Kids should feel positive coming out. Coaches will have plenty of "teaching moments". All around good night for the purple and now the real work begins to prep for the Ironmen.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2023 Logan Chieftains

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:03 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:29 pm Any word on the Chiefs and the Mothmen?
Varsity played the first half.

Logan led 19-0 at halftime. But the game was much closer than that. PP turned it over 4 times (one a 75-yard scoop and score for Logan) and I think they threw three INTS (one right after Logan fumbled backed up near their own goal line).

Both teams were a little sloppy as you'd expect in a scrimmage. Woodgeard played well at quarterback and had a TD pass.

Point had some success running wide with their jet, toss, and option plays. Logan strung it out well at times, a few times they failed to make the tackle in space. But the defense was opportunistic with the takeaways.

The JVs came out in the second half. I don't think Logan scored - but might have on another scoop and score on the last play. Point put together a TD drive on their first posession of the 3rd quarter.

Kids should feel positive coming out. Coaches will have plenty of "teaching moments". All around good night for the purple and now the real work begins to prep for the Ironmen.
Thanks for the info, Locos.

Return to “Football”