2023 Interview with Reece Little Findlay High School (Getting D-1 Looks)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Interview with Reece Little Findlay High School (Getting D-1 Looks)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Reece Little​​​​​​​​​​​​

School:
Findlay

Positions played

Class TE/WR/S

What will you miss most about the class of 2023?
The thing I will miss most about the class of ‘23 is definitely the brotherhood bond and friendships they all had with my class especially. That brotherhood is something special to football.

What did you learn about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use this season to improve your game?
One thing I learned about myself in 2022 that I will use for this year is pushing myself more than I think I can go in practice and workouts. One coach, in particular, that kind of taught me that was one of our offensive assistants, Coach Brock.

Who was the best team that Findlay faced last season, and what made them so tough?
The best team we played was Toledo Central Catholic. Year in and out they have so much depth and I think that’s what makes them great.

What goals have you set for yourself this season as well as for your team?
Goals for myself would be to be first-team all-conference again and be all-state. A team goal is to get past round 3 in the playoffs but ultimately to get as far as we can.

Which side of the ball do you prefer to play on, and why?
I really am not sure what side I prefer most right now, I’d say offense just because I’ve played it most. But I am very excited to play defense this year too.

Up until now, what has been your fondest memory on the football field?
My fondest memory was probably the first and second touchdown of my sophomore year. They were against our rival, Fremont, in a very close game.

Of the road games, you have played in, which stadium do you enjoy playing at the most? Explain.
The road game I enjoy most is Fremont. The rivalry is so deep and the crowd is loud.

Who is the best player you have ever faced, and on which team did he play?
The best player I’ve faced is Conner Walendzak. He’s a total football player. He is from Perrysburg and now plays for Toledo.

Who is that one team on the 2023 schedule that you have not tasted victory against and that you really want to beat this season?
The one team I really want to beat this year is Toledo Central Catholic. They won state last year and lost a lot of key players and I think our roster this year matches with them very well.

What advice would you give a first-year starter when it comes to opening night?
Some advice I would give a first-time starter is to soak it all in. Everyone says it goes by fast but you never really believe them. Until you’re in their shoes looking back at how fast it has been. So I would say enjoy every snap.

What is the best advice you have received from a coach? What was that advice, along with the coach who gave it to you?
The best advice I’ve gotten was to never be content with where you are and to want more. That was from Coach Lane, our strength coach. It seems simple but I think about it a lot.

Have you heard from any college coaches? If so, can you name a few of the schools?
Some of the schools I have heard from most are Eastern Michigan, Akron, Cincinnati, Wisconsin, and Toledo.

What is one food you like that most others do not?
One food I like that a lot of people don’t is anything seafood. Calamari, mussels, anything from the water.

What is a talent that you have that most people do not know about?
One talent I’d say most don’t know about me is I’m very artistic and enjoy drawing and painting.

Where is the best spot in town to grab a bite?
I’d say the best places in town to grab food are Ralphie’s for just about everything or Rossilli’s for Italian

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Interview with Reece Little Findlay High School (Getting D-1 Looks)

Post by VetteMan »

I would have to agree with Reece about Toledo Central Catholic, a very strong program just about every year. Reece must be showing a lot of potential , as quite a collection of schools seem to be showing a lot of interest. As far as pushing himself more in practice and in work outs, I'll never forget this one coach always saying, "No Pain, No Gain". Good interview.

Return to “Football”