2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with State Champion Isiah Hare from Bullitt East High School (KY)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with State Champion Isiah Hare from Bullitt East High School (KY)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Isaiah Hare

School: Bullitt East High School

Positions played:
DL

Class:

How important is spring football as far as getting players ready for the upcoming season?

It is really important, especially for us being a lot younger this year as compared to last year. This spring will give the opportunity for those guys that didn’t really have key roles last year to start to be able to step into those roles and fill in for those guys leaving. So we can be better prepared as a team to get rolling when summer comes around.

How often do you work out during the offseason?

I like to work out every day whether that is lifting or some plyometrics or some footwork, just really anything to get me better and to elevate my game.

Which was more shocking, losing to Spencer County to kick off the season or beating Male for the state title?
Definitely losing to Spencer in week 1

Which type of offensive lineman is the toughest to go up against? Explain.
The toughest offensive lineman to go up against is one that is patient because as a defensive lineman, I want to get into you as fast as possible and make my move on him to allow me to get back to the QB. If you shoot your hands at me right off the jump it’s already over because I’m beating your hands right there and you're watching me sack your QB. But an offensive lineman that is patient and makes me have to make the first move is hard to beat because he doesn't allow me to get into him as quickly as I would like to rush the QB.

What will you miss about the players from the class of 2022?
I will miss the leadership those guys brought to our team and how they made football practices fun they always brought the juice to practice and made football enjoyable. They were all just amazing people as well as football players.

What are your goals, not only for yourself but for the team?
My personal goals for the 2023-2024 season are to be named to the All-state team again and be ranked the number 1 defensive lineman in the state by the end of the year. I’m currently sitting at number 4 and I don’t plan on stopping until I am number 1. From a team standpoint obviously, we want to run it back and bring the state championship trophy back home.

With this being your senior season, are you approaching things any differently than you have in the past?
I wouldn’t say that being a Senior this year really changes anything as far as approaching things go, but it does mean that as a Senior I have to take on a bigger leadership role. Not only from a defensive perspective but a whole team perspective. I have to lead those guys that are younger than me and make them the best they can be not only on the field but off as well, that way they can take over next year when my class leaves.

Looking back at all of the road games you have played, which one has been your favorite? Explain?
Meade County I would say was my favorite road game. Going down there to play at their place was nice the atmosphere there in Meade is something special and we came out of there with a W. So I’m looking forward to going back down there the last week of the season to play.

What makes playing for Bullitt East so special?
Playing for Bullitt East is special because of the standards we and our coaches hold us to. We expect nothing but the best from us and we work like we are going to win a state title every year and our coaches hold us up to that standard.

Have you heard from any schools about playing at the next level, and can you name some of those schools?
I have heard from EIU, SIU, Murray State, ball state, Youngstown, EKU, WKU, Indiana State, Penn, Austin Peay, and Marshall

Up until now, what have your favorite and least favorite memories on the football field been? Explain.
I wouldn’t say that I have any least favorite memories other than just any time I lose. But my favorite memory has to be just falling down after the final seconds of the state championship game this past year on Kroger Field and just taking it all in. All the hard work me and my teammates put in. All the hours I spend on football to perfect my craft and help me to be the best possible football player I can be. All the pain and sweat we put into the weight room and summer workouts. Just knowing and seeing that all that paid off was amazing and there will definitely never be another feeling or memory like that one.

What is your favorite class?
My favorite class is social studies. I just enjoy talking and learning about history American or world.

What is the one food you enjoy eating that most people do not like?
I love to eat Radishes and Brussels sprouts because I genuinely find those two things to be good.

What is your favorite type of music, along with your favorite song?
I don’t really have a favorite type of music per se. I will listen to all types and genres, but my favorite song has to be Flashing Lights by Kayne West.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with State Champion Isiah Hare from Bullitt East High School (KY)

Post by VetteMan »

In reading a few of Isiah's answers, confidence is definitely not something that he is lacking in. He most certainly has no shortage of schools that are apparently interested in him, so lets hope that he has an injury free senior season. I know very little about Bullitt East other that I have read some very good things about them. If they were able to beat Louisville Male for the State Championship, that says quite a bit right there. Good interview.

Return to “Football”