2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Mason Marchbank from Toronto High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Mason Marchbank

School Toronto High school

Class Class of 2025

Positions played Tight End

How long have you played football?
10 years

Do you play any other sports for Toronto High School? If yes, which ones?
Basketball

What is your favorite play to run? Explain.
Fade pattern, Because it’s my most successful route.

What is your biggest strength as a football player?

Team player, Hands, football IQ.

What do you feel you have to improve the most to take your game to the next level?
My strength.

What has been your favorite moment on the field, along with your most embarrassing moment?
My favorite moment is when I had 4 touchdowns in one game.
My embarrassing moment is when I missed my assignment and got my quarterback sacked.

What, if any, are your pre-game rituals?
First I like to start out praying to God for everybody’s safety and for him to give me strength I also like to have a solid pre-game worm up.

Is there a coach or athlete that you look up to as a role model, and why?
Koby Bryant and Micheal Jordan because they refuse to lose and don’t let anyone outwork them. They gave whatever it took for their team to win and become successful.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams making the playoffs from each region?

I think 8 teams are enough because I think you should have to earn your right to participate in the playoffs. With the 16-team format, some teams are getting in with very little accomplishments.

Where should the state finals be played? Explain.
The Horse Shoe because walking out on the field with the block O should be every athlete in Ohio's dream.

Have you heard from any college coaches about playing at the next level? If yes, can you name one or two of them?
Yes. Tim Salem the TE coach from The University of Pitt and Reno Ferri from The University of Akron.

What are your hobbies or interests outside of sports?
Golf and fishing.

Where is the best spot to grab a bite?
Steakhouse all day.

XFL or USFL?

XFL

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Mason Marchbank from Toronto High School

Post by VetteMan »

At first in the interview I thought that Mason was going to be a man of a few words. I've often wondered if some kids do appear to be nervous at the beginning of the interview, probably understandable if they are. I believe that if I had scored 4 touchdowns in one game, no doubt that would have been one of my favorite things that I would remember for a very long time. I would have to agree with the State Finals being held at the Horseshoe. A few years ago, didn't they play the Finals at the Horseshoe for a couple of years? Sounds as if some schools must see a lot of potential, as he has heard from a couple of pretty good sized schools. Good interview.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Mason Marchbank from Toronto High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

They did play them at the Shoe and I believe the price of the ticket doubled from the year before they went there. They have crept up some since then.

Return to “Football”