Fort Frye in the afterlife…

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Fort Frye in the afterlife…

Post by thirtyonetrap »

It has to be devastating for them to lose the cornerstone of their program to Belpre. Will any coaches or players follow Welch down 339? Is there enough talent to keep them going? Thoughts?

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Re: Fort Frye in the afterlife…

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

The way I hear it here in town there won’t be a mass exodus from Beaverly but there will be some guys coming down and they will be a big help in terms of talent and team chemistry. I think the fact that we get the primary reason that Fort has been winning in as a coach is the most important aspect of our turnaround. Transfers will be here short term but Welch’s contribution will be generational.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

😂

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

I find it hard to believe that Walsh was that important to FF. A friend of mine knows him well and said he’s not real swift. If he is as good as you say why would he take the job at Belpre?

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Gray Cat wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:20 pm I find it hard to believe that Walsh was that important to FF. A friend of mine knows him well and said he’s not real swift. If he is as good as you say why would he take the job at Belpre?
He wasn't on the staff last year so the Eastern fans starting this joke of a thread should do more research. Ff probably going to have a rough season this year. Graduated alot of talent and the best athlete in the school tore his acl playing aau basketball. Coach Eric Huck will have them ready to go and don't get me wrong we have some talent coming back. But any school our size will go through "lack of talent" eventually. Just can't understand why a thread like this even gets started. We don't even play eastern.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:54 am It has to be devastating for them to lose the cornerstone of their program to Belpre. Will any coaches or players follow Welch down 339? Is there enough talent to keep them going? Thoughts?
Wasn't devastating last season. He wasn't on our staff. Maybe worry about winning the tvc for once

Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Post by Harvey Wells »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:43 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:20 pm I find it hard to believe that Walsh was that important to FF. A friend of mine knows him well and said he’s not real swift. If he is as good as you say why would he take the job at Belpre?
He wasn't on the staff last year so the Eastern fans starting this joke of a thread should do more research. Ff probably going to have a rough season this year. Graduated alot of talent and the best athlete in the school tore his acl playing aau basketball. Coach Eric Huck will have them ready to go and don't get me wrong we have some talent coming back. But any school our size will go through "lack of talent" eventually. Just can't understand why a thread like this even gets started. We don't even play eastern.

I’d say this thread got started because of all the shade FF posters have shed over the years of their seo dominance. Just ask Athens, when you suck, you shut up. It’s probably time for Fart Frye to log out of a while. 0-10 season wasn’t that long ago. Stay humble but please, don’t use the excuse of being a “small school” and “ these things happen”. Your mouth cashed checks. It’s time to pay up. Please schedule Wellston soon so we can make up for that game in 2020.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

And here we go with the excuses from the fort. Lose your “best assistant” and now the upcoming season doesn’t look so good. I wish Eastern had you guys on the schedule.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Harvey Wells wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:41 pm

I’d say this thread got started because of all the shade FF posters have shed over the years of their seo dominance. Just ask Athens, when you suck, you shut up. It’s probably time for Fart Frye to log out of a while. 0-10 season wasn’t that long ago. Stay humble but please, don’t use the excuse of being a “small school” and “ these things happen”. Your mouth cashed checks. It’s time to pay up. Please schedule Wellston soon so we can make up for that game in 2020.
We'd be on the schedule if wellston would've voted yes to us joining the Ohio. Wonder why they did that?

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:45 pm
And here we go with the excuses from the fort. Lose your “best assistant” and now the upcoming season doesn’t look so good. I wish Eastern had you guys on the schedule.
Lol, killed us not having him last year.

Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Post by Harvey Wells »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:38 pm

We'd be on the schedule if wellston would've voted yes to us joining the Ohio. Wonder why they did that?

Football is one thing. Don’t act like it’s not. It’s almost 2 hours to FF. We aren’t commuting to that in every sport. Why would we? That’s a terrible thought process.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Harvey Wells wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:03 pm

Football is one thing. Don’t act like it’s not. It’s almost 2 hours to FF. We aren’t commuting to that in every sport. Why would we? That’s a terrible thought process.
No doubt, actually a very valid point. Why didn't they keep us on the schedule for football? Oh wait, just saw last season record. Now I know why

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

i can’t tell if this is a joke thread. on a assistant leaving. or if this is actually people thinking Belpre is arose out of the Ashes and FF is an instant dumpster fire.

long as huck is still at the Fort. i like their chances against anyone.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye still wins 7-8 games this year. Fort Qb is special. Morganstern going to play WR.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:56 am Fort Frye still wins 7-8 games this year. Fort Qb is special. Morganstern going to play WR.
According to Welch he left Fort with a huge void to fill. With a mouth like his it would be great to see it backfire and get him a good old fashioned assbeating. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Post by Harvey Wells »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:38 pm

No doubt, actually a very valid point. Why didn't they keep us on the schedule for football? Oh wait, just saw last season record. Now I know why
We got poached last year. Your record this year will be similar without being poached. Well, maybe not. I hear your kids are going south with the new coach at belpre. Either way, get used to last in the tsl. I’m sure you’ll blame it on your size compared to the rest of the league. 🙄

FF is a Hocking team. Let’s be real. The last few years are an anomaly. You probably better keep applying to the TVC hocking if you want any type of success.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Looking on fourseasonfootball.com I see that Coach Huck's record is 134-39 overall as a head coach and Welsh's record overall as a HC is 16-52. And many of Huck's wins were way before Welsh.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Harvey Wells wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:55 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:38 pm

We got poached last year. Your record this year will be similar without being poached. Well, maybe not. I hear your kids are going south with the new coach at belpre. Either way, get used to last in the tsl. I’m sure you’ll blame it on your size compared to the rest of the league. 🙄

FF is a Hocking team. Let’s be real. The last few years are an anomaly. You probably better keep applying to the TVC hocking if you want any type of success.
L

Fort Frye has made playoffs 10 out of 11 last seasons and have went to the final 4 3 of last 6 years. The rest of Washington county has never made to the final 4. Fort Frye might beat Marietta by 30 or more week 1

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Might not be there deepest team but if stay healthy they’ll win 7-8 games and be like 4 or 5 seed

Fort Frye 2023

- [x] Qb - Clayton Miller Jr
- [ ] WB- Aydan Holman Jr/ Tyce Beardsley So
- [x] WB- Bryndan Riddle Sr
- [x] Fb - Keegan Strode Sr
- [x] T- Graham Baker Sr
- [ ] T- Trevon Nicholson Jr
- [x] G- Mathias Kesselring Jr
- [ ] G- Blake Wheeler So
- [ ] C- Braxton Ross Jr
- [ ] TE- Clay Greuey Sr
- [ ] Wr - Braden Morganstern Sr

Defense
- [x] DE- Graham Baker Sr
- [x] DT - Morgan Smith Sr
- [ ] DT - Trevon Nicholson Jr
- [ ] DE - Clay Greuey Sr
- [ ] Olb - Tyce Beardsley So
- [ ] Olb - Sabo Huck Sr
- [x] Mlb - Keegan Strode Sr
- [x] Mlb - Blake Wheeler So
- [ ] Cb - Braden Morganstern Sr
- [ ] Cb - Ayden Holman Jr
- [x] S - Clayton Miller Jr

Bigreds pride
Freshman Team

Post by Bigreds pride »

What a great final last year ff vs my big reds my reds had it and let it slip hoping for another great game week 3

Return to “Football”