2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Kaleb Evans Lloyd Memorial High School (Ky.)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Kaleb Evans Lloyd Memorial High School (Ky.)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Kaleb Evans

School Lloyd Memorial High School

Class 2026

Positions played Quarterback

What has it been like getting trained by Coach Goodpastor?
It has been great. He is always pushing me to keep getting better and better. Coach Mike is a very honest person that tells you if you are doing something wrong. Coach Mike believes in me and I believe and trust in him to guide me to the next level.

What have you been able to accomplish during the off-season to help you become a better player this season?
I have started a good workout regimen for gaining muscle and weight. Also, in March, I joined a travel 7v7 team where we travel around from state to state to compete against top competition.

What are your goals for this season, along with the goals you have set for the team?
The goal that our team has this upcoming year is to win the “ STATE CHAMPIONSHIP”

Lloyd Memorial had a fine season in 2022, going 10-4, including two one-point losses. What will you guys have to do to improve on that record this season?
Ever since that tough loss in the semi-state game. We have gotten back to work immediately. We have already started to improve our leadership, team bonding, collaboration, and our communication with one another. This is going to help us be a better and more efficient football team.

How important is spring ball as far as getting the team ready for the upcoming season?
Unfortunately, we do not have spring ball.

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
My coaches and teammates would describe me as having a determination to never quit, a great work ethic, and a team leader.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?
Of all the road games that I have played, my favorite would have to be the first game of the season against Dixie Heights. This is because this was my first varsity experience. The atmosphere was thrilling and there bleachers were packed full of people. It was very loud and exciting.

What is the best advice you have been given as far as football goes, and who gave it to you?
Out of all the advice that I have received from coaches and teammates throughout my football career, the one that stood out the most is when senior teammate Joe Cooley came to me and said “Even though times are tough now, you will get through it and the outcome will be rewarding.”

Which road game are you looking forward to the most this season? Why?
The road game I’m looking forward to the most is between Bethlehem and Pendleton County as we moved up from 2A to 3A.

What is the best and worst part of practice?

The best part of practice is when we work with the Wide Receivers, this is because we get to throw the ball so we are all on the same page. There is no worst part of the practice. There are hard parts of practice. That is the time when our team is going to get better. All of the hard work will eventually pay off.

What is your most memorable football memory as a player?
My most memorable football moment was when we won the 2A regional championship for the first time in 19 years.

What is your favorite song, and who sings it?
My favorite song is Diamonds by Rihanna.

What is the one food that you like that most others do not?

One food I like that most others don’t is asparagus.

What is your favorite class?

Math

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Kaleb Evans Lloyd Memorial High School (Ky.)

Post by VetteMan »

Being that Kaleb plays QB, and the fact that he was a Freshmen this past season, I wonder if he was the starting QB? This 7 on 7 travel team, does this vary from State to State, I'm just not up to speed on whether this is something that is happening in every State? Moving from 2A to 3A in classification, is that a big jump, or just how many classes does the State of Kentucky have? Good interview.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Kaleb Evans Lloyd Memorial High School (Ky.)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I believe he started most of the season.
2A to 3A is similar to the same move as we have here in the Buckeye State.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:43 pm I believe he started most of the season.
2A to 3A is similar to the same move as we have here in the Buckeye State.
Thank you for the Info.

Return to “Football”