LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Daniel Crocker from Huntington High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name DJ Crocker

School Huntington

Class 2024

Positions played FB/MLB

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve played Football for 6 years and I continue playing because of my love for the game and the feeling I get right before kickoff on Friday night

Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing the most? Explain.
I enjoy defense most because when you continually shut down a team and prevent them from scoring it will often demoralize the other team

What will you miss most about the class of 2023?
In regards to the 2023 class, I will most miss the energy that every single one of them brought to every practice and every game.

What were the highs and lows of the 2022 season?
The high of the 2022 season for me was reaching the playoffs for the first time in school history, the low of 2022 was losing to our rival school, Bainbridge twice last year.

What are your goals for the 2023 season and your goals for the team?
My biggest goal for this upcoming season is to beat Bainbridge and make it past the first round of playoffs, my personal goal is to set the single-season rushing yards record.

What have you been able to accomplish during the offseason to make you a better player on the field?
I have been able to improve this off-season by lifting more weights and getting stronger, as well as increasing my stamina and being able to go harder, later in the game without getting tired.

After the season is all over, how important will it be to you to be able to play in one or two of the All-Star games around the state?
Not too important, it would be an awesome opportunity, however, once football is overall my focus shifts to baseball and vice versa.

Looking at the schedule for this coming season, who is the team you most want to beat? Why?
In regard to the upcoming schedule, the team I most want to beat is our schools rival, Bainbridge

What is your biggest strength as a football player?
If I were to say what my biggest strength is, it would be my determination and toughness to push through, no matter how tired or sore I may be.

Is there a coach or athlete that you look up to as a role model, and why?
I most look up to my former football coach and current baseball coach, Coach Yates, every day, both in the classroom and on the field he encourages me and pushed me to be the best student, athlete, and person I can be

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Absolutely, we act respectfully towards anyone and everyone, and we are involved with the youth through the youth football camp we host every year.

What sports do you play for Huntington High School?
I play football as well as baseball at Huntington.

What's your favorite food?
My favorite food has to be smoked deer sausage that I and my dad make.

What is your favorite sports movie or show?
My favorite sports movie is Rocky IV

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Daniel Crocker from Huntington High School

Post by VetteMan »

It's not that surprising that Daniel would feel that way about one of the Huntsman's biggest rivals, even though I'm not sure about the overall record, I'm pretty sure that Paint Valley has more or less had their way with the Huntsman in recent years. It's good that Daniel looks up to his Baseball Coach, not only on the field, but in the classroom as well. It sounds as if Daniel plays with a lot of determination and toughness as well. Good luck against the Bearcats this upcoming season. Good interview.

Return to “Football”