2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Big D-1 recruit Dane Wleklinski from Dublin Jerome High School

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Big D-1 recruit Dane Wleklinski from Dublin Jerome High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Dane Wleklinski

School Dublin Jerome High School

Class 2024

Positions played (Main) OT, also DE, DT

How long have you played football?
5 Years

What has been your favorite moment on the football field?
My favorite moment was beating our school rival (Dublin Coffman) for the first time ever in school history this past year

What is the best advice you have been given as far as football goes, and who gave it to you?
The best advice is from my dad. That things only get harder and that you work for the opportunities you receive.

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
I feel that my coaches and teammates would describe me overall as a dad. Just someone who tries to look over everyone, they may not know it but I’m there for them.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?
Probably Perrysburg two years ago. Just the energy from the stadium and the type of game that was played still gets me today.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I think it will make playoffs a lot more interesting. Also, I feel it will give some teams who usually aren’t powerhouses to show everybody what they’re made of.

If you are asked to play in one or two of the statewide all-star games after the season is over, will you? Can you let us know why?
I think I would. I feel it would be such a cool experience that I could not pass it up. Just the best on best playing for the love of the game.

Where should the state finals be held?
I think the state finals should be held at the shoe. I think that’d be a really cool touch and have a great turnout. Now that’s probably not realistic, but that’s my idea.

How do you keep the team up when things are going bad?
Tell everybody not to hang their head. Next play, next play, next play. If you mess up how are you going to make up for it? Future not past.

What, if any, are your pre-game rituals?
I usually get aux in the Locker room and I just have the same songs I play before each game. Gets the team and myself fired up.

I know you have multiple offers to play college ball. Could you name a few of those schools?
Cincinnati, Duke, West Virginia, Indiana, almost the whole Mac. Then some FCS.

Is there a coach or athlete that you look up to as a role model, and why?
There isn’t really anyone I look up towards, as I want to BE that person. But I try to use attributes from many people to better myself. That person's work ethic, his game knowledge, his footwork, etc.

Do you think that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you guys play?
I do believe so. I remember watching those older kids when I was younger and being astonished. I don’t know if much has changed, but I think we set an example.

What is one food that you like that most others do not?
Cucumbers, I eat them a lot.

What is your favorite song, along with who sings it?
This one is tough. I’m a big music guy. Anything from the 80’s to present day, depends on the day. As of right now my two are, Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder and Did It Again by Lil Tecca.

What are your favorite toppings to put on a pizza?
I’m just a big pepperoni guy. Nothing super special.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Big D-1 recruit Dane Wleklinski from Dublin Jerome High School

Post by VetteMan »

No doubt it probably was a very special moment for Dane and his teammates in finally being able to taste victory against Dublin Coffman. Over the years it seems as if Jerome has gotten the short end of the stick especially in matchups against both Coffman and Scioto. As far as who he has received the best advice from, Dane is a very smart young man in listening to his father. Sounds as if Dane has some very serious offers as far as playing at the next level. Good interview.

Return to “Football”